Nioh General Discussion

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm probably the only one who thinks that Sloth Talisman might get a nerf lol. I mean if it did, it would be an honest one. There's literally no disadvantage for using Sloth when it wrecks just about almost everything, allowing one to mindlessly attack and providing oneself to make a quick 360 before going back to their controller to dodge another attack.

Course, if people want to use it then by all means. Speaking of which, recently I've stopped by a random stream of a guy who couldn't make up his mind on whether NiOh is easy or hard. It literally went like this (still on Sloth topic):

Streamer: Fuck, I can't dodge this dude. I'm getting hit every single fucking time and when I do dodge my stamina drops.

*Constantly sighs after getting hit and guard broken*

*Dies*

Streamer: -Yells- dude I don't want to do this bullshit again, this game is for people who think they can grow bigger balls for making shit this dumb. Hard game for no reason, Darksouls is not this dumb and hard. -Looks at stream chat-. That's exactly what I'm fuckin doin, stop tellin me on how to play.

*Someone mentions Sloth Talisman*

Streamer: The fuck is that? -reads- that sounds dumb and pointless but alright I'll do it.

*He starts to feel good when using Talisman, he develops this inner hype and then Kills boss using Sloth*

Streamer: Wow, that was dumb easy, -reads stream chat- Umm yeah I think Darksouls is a lot harder.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Me: Lol?
You should tell him to play Ninja Gaiden 2, and see how long he'll last without getting eaten up lol

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
my god the level design for this game is incredible i mean fuck this flooded temple is beautiful. i can see why it got such high marks despite the limited enemy variety.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Went in hard today. Just finished the White Tiger. Haven't used Sloth on any bosses so far and intend to keep it that way. Lady Noh killed me once and so did White Tiger. Only boss deaths so far.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
so i just killed the Giant Centipede. i have no idea what yall were talking about besides the fact they were both giant bugs that was NOTHING like the NG2 fight.

all in all that was actually the first time i remember enjoying a poison level. a big part of that was the challenge was to figure out how to maneuver safely through the level rather than just tanking through it. onto whatever this flooded area is...

What are you taking about. They are VERY similar.

1. Both are giant bugs in a cave
2. Both come out from hiding & charge straight at you.
3. After the initial attack, both give you x amount of time to deal damage
4. Both run into hiding after dealing x amount of damage

Rinse n repeat until dead.

Brute

Standard Donor
Went in hard today. Just finished the White Tiger. Haven't used Sloth on any bosses so far and intend to keep it that way. Lady Noh killed me once and so did White Tiger. Only boss deaths so far.
Y'know, after your "use spoiler tags" lecture I'd think you'd be more inclined to use spoiler tags.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
What are you taking about. They are VERY similar.

1. Both are giant bugs in a cave
2. Both come out from hiding & charge straight at you.
3. After the initial attack, both give you x amount of time to deal damage
4. Both run into hiding after dealing x amount of damage

Rinse n repeat until dead.

the bug in NG2 was basically a train that would not stop unless you made it meaning you were stuck hiding in side caves hoping you could hit it as it came charging by. you flat out couldn't fight it out in the open or it would grab you.

the centipede in Nioh would relentlessly attack you out in the open only hiding in the caves to change forms.

the difference is night and day its nothing like that abomination of a boss fight besides similar themes. Nioh however does them much much better..

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Y'know, after your "use spoiler tags" lecture I'd think you'd be more inclined to use spoiler tags.
Without context provided by other sources besides the game, her identity means literally nothing to the player. Plays no part in the story at all. Unless you're referring to the tiger, which is also not a spoiler without getting to that very fight.

Brute

Standard Donor
Without context provided by other sources besides the game, her identity means literally nothing to the player. Plays no part in the story at all.
I'd say it most certainly does.
It indicates they're willing to pull in "deceased" figures through pseudo-necromancy as boss fights. It could go nowhere, but after watching the incredibly awful, spoiler-heavy intro at the start of the game, that establishes a precedent for a reveal that could potentially be huge in the actual story. Especially considering her direct connection to Nobunaga.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'd say it most certainly does, as it indicates they're willing to pull in "deceased" figures through necromancy as boss fights. It could go nowhere, but after watching the incredible awful, spoiler-heavy intro at the start of the game, that establishes a precedent for a reveal that could potentially be huge in the actual story. Especially considering her direct connection to Nobunaga.
I never watched the intro. Considering this is 20 years after his death and what she says when you kill her, it's unlikely he's going to pop up. That said, I have no idea. If he does, I will be slightly disappointed. I'd wager most players have no idea who she is. Even here.

Brute

Standard Donor
I never watched the intro. Considering this is 20 years after his death and what she says when you kill her, it's unlikely he's going to pop up. That said, I have no idea. If he does, I will be slightly disappointed.
*cough cough*

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Anyone have the firebird ninpo? It's so good! When you run out of hp it actives itself, preventing you from dying...but once it rubs out, it leaves you at 1hp

And there is a ninpo that Izuna drops you!!!

NinjaRayMan

I like how they handled the side missions . They are setup just different enough to feel fresh. They add a good bit of story and give u some sweet weapons too.
And the dojo missions (after the initial 3) have some good one on one fights that show off the ninjutsu and omnyo strategies nicely.
Only on the start of region 3. The amount of content in this game is staggering so far. An NG+ is apparently a proper new difficulty playthrough that is full of stuff you won't see in the regular playthrough.
Team Ninja still gets it. Reminds me of playing NG black for the first time

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I like how they handled the side missions . They are setup just different enough to feel fresh. They add a good bit of story and give u some sweet weapons too.
And the dojo missions (after the initial 3) have some good one on one fights that show off the ninjutsu and omnyo strategies nicely.
Only on the start of region 3. The amount of content in this game is staggering so far. An NG+ is apparently a proper new difficulty playthrough that is full of stuff you won't see in the regular playthrough.
Team Ninja still gets it. Reminds me of playing NG black for the first time

In the later dojo missions, you can farm the trainer's for some pretty sweet armour & weapons.

Ex: Hanzo drops the best ninja outfit (iga) for a ninja build.

Brute

Standard Donor
:O

What's it called?
Whoops, my bad. It's actually a ninjutsu scroll. It's called "Quick-change Scroll." Lasts for several minutes, and if you're killed at any point in that time you auto-rez in place. You can carry up to three at a time, IIRC.

NinjaRayMan

In the later dojo missions, you can farm the trainer's for some pretty sweet armour & weapons.

Ex: Hanzo drops the best ninja outfit (iga) for a ninja build.

Cool, I got a couple pieces from the first ninja training session with Hanzo. I dont like the Iga headpiece though. The open back of the mask looks weird. The fight did open my eyes to using a lot more projectiles and traps, I always forget to use them in a fight.

Has anybody found a Hayabusa revenant? I've only found SamuraiGaiden,Irene and Genshin but those were all in the demos.

Brute

Standard Donor
Has anybody found a Hayabusa revenant? I've only found SamuraiGaiden,Irene and Genshin but those were all in the demos.
There's a "ZACK" in the actual game.

BTW: Are there any consequences to using the respec item, or does it fully refund all skill points and amrita?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
There's a "ZACK" in the actual game.

BTW: Are there any consequences to using the respec item, or does it fully refund all skill points and amrita?

it won't refund your initial skill points you made at the beginning of the game and it becomes incredibly more expensive with each respec so its not something you want to use a lot.

Brute

Standard Donor
it won't refund your initial skill points you made at the beginning of the game and it becomes incredibly more expensive with each respec so its not something you want to use a lot.
Will it keep the initial skill points allocated, or will they disappear into the abyss? I plan to do it once, mainly to get back some Omnyo/Samurai skill points that I assigned to abilities that looked great on paper but are functionally useless.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD