Nioh General Discussion

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
He did say Ayane too and it was obviously on the capitalizing on the fandom craze of Honoka and Marie Rose(If it was Helena...)

But anyway, I'm still at a real loss on how hard is it really for them to make the skins of the female characters? I mean you couldn't say the exact same thing for the male characters that was made for the skins? Do they all have different moves overall than William does? Because if they don't, then making an overall female base models for the females in general shouldn't be that difficult. If they do, then I can see that being a little more difficult to do.

It shouldn't be difficult at all for them, or at least on the obvious of things. All they have to do is change the running animation, voice sounds, and maybe change some of the wonky elements and gestures to make it more fitting for the women, can't really say dunno. Like the sitting down stance shouldn't be with legs open crossed, it can be more ladylike in a lean posture.

Course, that's just my thought or imagination of things. Sometimes people do grow tired playing a dude.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
17796558_10158987466935131_3194171964901279156_n.jpg

Xhominid The Demon Within

hey at least you can identify Ayane. Marie and Honoka are literally just generic moeblobs. Like in Senran Kagura its hard to pick them out of a crowd.

You can say the same thing for all of the DOA characters, even Ryu. What is honestly your point anymore Argentus? Originality has been a long dead concept because there's so many times you can do so before you start hitting repetitive shit.

Atleast I can actually tolerate them because they haven't been as everywhere as Ayane have despite not even being the heroine.

Can we talk about Nioh, please?

Never! It has officially become it's own entity that will be complained and whined about till the end of time. Blame Argentus for that.

Meanwhile in Ni-Oh land! I got my ass kicked a few times by the White Tiger, lost all my Amrita when I should have ran past the Giant Skeleton Axe Wielder/Amrita Fiend duo, lost another 2 times and finally beat it(one of them was that VERY sneaky back grab where you can still get hit by it's tails and then grabbed in the same motion)

And Yuki-Onna was definitely the hardest boss for me atm. Either I fucked up royally and end up trying and failing miserably to block her ice shards into ice floor damage combo and pretty much die instantly or I got messed up by her ice shards or the insane pressure from most of her moves end me quickly.

The funniest moment was when I finally beat her. I went into Living Weapon Mode, ready to put an end to it...immediate dash and stab as soon as the animation was finished and lost a good chunk of that gauge.

Brute

Standard Donor
IMHO Yuki-Onna is without a doubt the hardest boss in the game. None of the others come even relatively close (save Nue, if you count framerate drops and obscuring the camera as part of the boss fight). Her damage is insane for how quick and versatile her techniques are.

She is quite fun, however (as opposed to the centipede, who is easy but irritating). If they reworked some of her low-health projectile patterns, she may be my favorite boss in the game. But, as things stand, my favorite boss is one that you haven't gotten to yet.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
There are only two bosses in the game that I didn't find fun. One is the final one because it seemed so out of place mechanically, and the other is the centipede. My favorite is probably the same one as yours, Brute. If it's who I think it is.

IMHO Yuki-Onna is without a doubt the hardest boss in the game. None of the others come even relatively close (save Nue, if you count framerate drops and obscuring the camera as part of the boss fight). Her damage is insane for how quick and versatile her techniques are.

She is quite fun, however (as opposed to the centipede, who is easy but irritating). If they reworked some of her low-health projectile patterns, she may be my favorite boss in the game. But, as things stand, my favorite boss is one that you haven't gotten to yet.

I had to pay back the Nue fullstop when I encountered the non-boss version in the White Tiger stage. Didn't die and practically made a fool of it.
But the Centipede was all types of bullshit despite only dying to it once and that was due to a fuckup(forgot to take out one of those fake bodies and the poison got me) but how it will randomly just straight ignore physics and the law of mass and go through it's own bodies and fuck any obvious turns and just straight hit you anyway when you are trying to destroy the fake bodies is all types of BS.

And I think I know what boss you are talking about...I was in the Ni-Oh hype and saw most of the boss battles, I think I know who you are talking about(I thought of another boss at first but I know who you mean.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD