Nyo-tengu Beginner's Guide

Tenryuga

Yea Nyo isn't gimmicky. There will be players that discover gimmicks with her and try to lean on them but she has a shitton of legitimate tools.

Shiranui

I would like to add that Nyotengu has very good zoning tools that needs some special attention. Some of them are:
4K (insane long range. launchs you foe far away)
6P+K (slow start up but really good poke when zoning that can be followed by Karasu-Tobi just pressing P after 6P+K, even if you were blocked.)
3K has too good long/mid range. Again, low start up but good range
SSK is another good tool for mid/long range. Is like 3K but while side stepping and with faster start up.
66K another good tool for long range. Fast and quite safe and can be followed by Hiten no Mai if it hits.
H+K. One of her main pokes. Is fast and can be followed by Hiten no Mai. Long range too, but unsafe. So better do it to punish, but not randomly or punshiment is guaranteed.
6PPP has good mid range too and is fast, and sometimes you just hit because your foe thinks you are too far to hit him. The bad thing about that move, ofc, is that you probably will be holded in third P (since all 3 are mid punches), so better do 6PP or 6P.

Did I forget any other move for zoning?

Last edited:

Xernuht

6PPP has good mid range too, and sometimes you just hit because your foe thinks you are too far to hit him. The bad thing about that move, ofc, is that you probably will be holded in third P, so better do 6PP or 6P.

Of course, therein lies the mixup. With her long free-cancel window, she can break her rhythm with a delay or cancel. Then, if they fear the retaliation and start holding recklessly, meet them with hcfT or 2T for more damage.

That said, I believe 6P is entirely unsafe (-9, -10, something like that), whereas 6PP is only -7.

AsheMann21

I just got the lady and I'm enjoying her so far. However, how strict is the execution for her Hiten no Mai? I'm not able to pull it off successfully most of the time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD