Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
My advice to all aspiring Tengu players who are not familiar with the style:

Smellin' and trackin' ain't enough... you gotta think NASTY!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Here's mine.

tengu advice.jpg

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
When you fought Tengu at the end of DOA2U it started out Fallen Miyama, didn't it? That aside it'd be nice to get Sacred Miyama with Fallen.

The 2U stage was just called Miyama, I think, but it's layout was more similar to DOAD's Sacred Miyama, if I remember right.

Fallen Miyama was new in DOAD. It had a similar starting area, but with a stairway dangerzone that lead to an entirely new second tier.

FatalxInnocence

I don't think Nyotengu will really be Tengu level. From what I've seen, she's going to be a pretty strong character and her combo damage is pretty insane. I'd say almost on par with P4. ( Except Nyotengu will probably exceed P4 in usefull-ness >_>;; I think anyway. She looks like she has more stuff to work with. )

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I don't think Nyotengu will really be Tengu level.

Of course not. That simply isn't possible, unless they deliberately try to make her awful.

However, she is still slow as fuck and I can easily imagine a ton of these bandwagon folks, who have never even played Tengu, dropping her relatively quickly when they see how annoying it is to have a speed of 11/15/15.

So, I've read through all the so far established literature and the only question i can't seem to find an adequate answer to is, When does the bird actually drop for domestic use? Don't get me wrong, using my seemingly nerfed as hell Bass is amusing, it's just not the same.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
So, I've read through all the so far established literature and the only question i can't seem to find an adequate answer to is, When does the bird actually drop for domestic use? Don't get me wrong, using my seemingly nerfed as hell Bass is amusing, it's just not the same.

No release date yet, but the most likely estimate is sometime in September.

Rubedood

Of course not. That simply isn't possible, unless they deliberately try to make her awful.

However, she is still slow as fuck and I can easily imagine a ton of these bandwagon folks, who have never even played Tengu, dropping her relatively quickly when they see how annoying it is to have a speed of 11/15/15.

I've used Rachel and Bass, so that won't be an issue for me

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The change in the middle ⇒ upper attributes: K in dance Hiten.
Change is done of hit: H + K in dance Hiten.
Fixed a bug that put out by H + P + K appeal of some technology.
66K: even though it is not a critical burst technology, Fixed a bug which the effect of the critical burst technology is displayed.
Change to "Yes track" as well as other characters tracking performance: K in got up.
A problem was fixed that stumbled to the same counter hit normal hit: K in got up.

(hardly) Translated "Woman Tengu" 1.08 patch notes...

FatalxInnocence

Well, speed isn't everything in my eyes. It helps, but at the sacrifice of what? I'd rather have her damage than have her be faster. Can't have everything I suppose. What is the speed of that "hon" ( or whatever she says when she does that move, the one where she slaps them in the face with the fan- that I'm guessing is a high? )

FatalxInnocence

P is i14.

That may be the slowest neutral punch in the history of fighting games. Bahahahaha. I wonder why they made her neutral punch slower than her input attacks. Does any other character have that? I assumed 'P' was the fastest attack with every character. Clearly, I was wrong.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
That may be the slowest neutral punch in the history of fighting games. Bahahahaha. I wonder why they made her neutral punch slower than her input attacks. Does any other character have that? I assumed 'P' was the fastest attack with every character. Clearly, I was wrong.

P was i15 in DOA4 and DOAD.

P was i17 in DOA2, making K (i15), 8K (i12 then), and 7K (i14 then) all faster than his jab in that game (the current P+K wasn't in DOA2).

Also, Bass' P is i13, making his i12 P+K his fastest attack.

And I think Brad Wong's P is i12.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD