Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

I wonder if Tina would have a chance to appear. Probably not though I wish Lisa would appear as well.Sadly Lisa is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Japanese audience :(

Tina will appear. Even in Japan, she's pretty popular, as evidenced by the merchandise that sold of her as well as her near-perfect attendance record in DLC outfits and, heck, that she's only below Leifang regarding the cut girls. I'd be more concerned about Lisa and Christie potentially not appearing than Tina (and quite frankly, I'm pretty sure even they will appear as well. Technically, they shouldn't have even bothered including Leifang if they were going to go by poll results, and in fact, that's exactly what Hayashi indicated earlier.).

EDIT: Somewhat related, but we've got some very bad news relating to DOA6: Shimbori got into an interview with Gamespot and... well, remember his getting rid of the Soft Engine and toning down Kasumi and Helena and how that caused controversy? Well, let's just say he may have made the storm he caused there even WORSE with some of his recent remarks, such as implying that girls who possess big breasts are inhuman and that was part of the reason they reduced the breast size. That's... ugh, let's face it, regardless of what one might think of the fanservice, you have to admit that denouncing the girls as inhuman just because they're well-endowed is just uncalled for. You can read it here: https://archive.is/wYmpM Now I'm DEFINITELY afraid of what they're gonna do to Tina, Ayane, and Honoka in DOA6 [possibly also Rachel, if she gets in].

EDIT 2: BTW, does anyone have Episode 5 yet? I've already done basic transcriptions for Episodes 3 and 4 via hardseppo.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Tina will appear. Even in Japan, she's pretty popular, as evidenced by the merchandise that sold of her as well as her near-perfect attendance record in DLC outfits and, heck, that she's only below Leifang regarding the cut girls. I'd be more concerned about Lisa and Christie potentially not appearing than Tina (and quite frankly, I'm pretty sure even they will appear as well. Technically, they shouldn't have even bothered including Leifang if they were going to go by poll results, and in fact, that's exactly what Hayashi indicated earlier.).

EDIT: Somewhat related, but we've got some very bad news relating to DOA6: Shimbori got into an interview with Gamespot and... well, remember his getting rid of the Soft Engine and toning down Kasumi and Helena and how that caused controversy? Well, let's just say he may have made the storm he caused there even WORSE with some of his recent remarks, such as implying that girls who possess big breasts are inhuman and that was part of the reason they reduced the breast size. That's... ugh, let's face it, regardless of what one might think of the fanservice, you have to admit that denouncing the girls as inhuman just because they're well-endowed is just uncalled for. You can read it here: https://archive.is/wYmpM Now I'm DEFINITELY afraid of what they're gonna do to Tina, Ayane, and Honoka in DOA6 [possibly also Rachel, if she gets in].

EDIT 2: BTW, does anyone have Episode 5 yet? I've already done basic transcriptions for Episodes 3 and 4 via hardseppo.

He never said inhuman once in this interview.

otnesse

He never said inhuman once in this interview.

He did say, and I quote, "The boobs are smaller as opposed to before because we wanted the girls to appear more human." How exactly does that NOT say that well-endowed women are inhuman (I mean, besides literally using the term regarding exact words)? Now, if it was "we wanted the girls to appear more normal" or "we wanted the girls to appear more realistic" or something like that, it would be, while still bad, at least somewhat forgivable and salvageable, but he literally said that he made the girls breasts smaller to make them look more human, which likewise implies that girls who actually are well-endowed are less human, or inhuman in other words. It's called reading between the lines and knowing the inherent meaning behind the words. And believe me, I'd be outraged at this if the subject reversed and they made the boobs bigger than before for the exact same reason, because it deals with dehumanizing people of certain physical traits, which is NEVER acceptable (and it actually comes across as extremely sexist and non-inclusive if you really think about it. Even the commentators on GameSpot objected to that and noted exactly that.).

In any case, I only brought this bit up as a side element to the thing to keep people informed. This is strictly about Dead or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation and/or Xtreme 3, and my original post was intended to be more about the current event episode as well as the likelihood of their bringing Tina in in October (it's 50/50 between her or an OC, and I'm certainly hoping for them to bring in Tina.), so let's get back to that before we end up opening a whole new can of worms (and I fear I may have opened it slightly by even bringing it up).

Last edited:

otnesse

Okay, just to make sure I keep at least PART of this post on topic, I managed to get the basic transcriptions of Episodes 3, 4, and 5 done. On a side note, not counting be friendly gravures or instances where they're paired against each other in the games, I think this is the first time Kasumi, Ayane, and Leifang have EVER directly interacted with each other in-story. Of course, I'm still going to need to do a more in-depth translation (ie, actually translate the dialogue rather than recording who says what). Also, each of the episodes are split into two scenes. Episodes 3 and 4 have Kasumi, as well as Ayane and Helena, conversing both times with Leifang, while Hitomi only appears in the first part of Episode 5, while in the second part, it's implied that Leifang's talking with the Owner. I do know that Leifang briefly takes offense to something Helena said in the first part, though, and Leifang mentions something that got Hitomi a bit embarrassed for some reason, not entirely sure what, though (and I probably won't find out until at LEAST November, if not January or February [preferably before the Valentine's Event, since I'll probably be busy during that time getting translations for Tamaki, Luna, and possibly Tina and/or Mila.], since I plan on doing full translations of the Event Episodes at that time after taking care of the Birthday episodes of at least the first ten characters plus Luna and Tamaki, possibly also Tina's birthday episode if it comes down to it should she come out.). Regarding the likelihood of Tina coming out, like I said, it's pretty much 50/50 regarding whether Tina is released in October, or another OC. I'm personally hoping for Tina to come out, mostly because, like I said, Team Ninja really needs to redeem itself of its stupidity regarding that wallpaper poll.

They aren't talking about the female having big boobs, it's easy to take things out of context... the way they move around is what is inhuman. It's like you're thinking, what direction can I take this into that gives me what I want without sounding like a complete pervert.

Congrats on being what's wrong with America today.

Didn't I just say we were going to go back to discussing Xtreme Venus Vacation? You want to have a discussion with me on this subject, PM me instead. And in any case, if you actually READ the quote, the immediate sentences before it literally dealt with big boobs and physical appearances, NOT how they moved about. Maybe I'll post the full quote, so that THIS time, you actually READ it.

At E3 2018, the only female characters available were Kasumi and Helena. I immediately gravitated towards the former, who's been the primary protagonist for the franchise since the original 1996 game. Kasumi's facial structure looks a lot older in Dead or Alive 6, and her new body model is a physically fit teen and not the oversexed supermodel child it's been in the past. "The boobs are smaller as opposed to before because we wanted the girls to appear more human. We don't want to reshape them smaller or larger just on a whim," Shimbori said.

Nowhere in that specific paragraph in the original article does either the author OR Shimbori EVER talk about how the characters moved. It instead literally talked about her physical attributes, describing her previous appearances as being more of an "oversexed supermodel child" (she's not a child back then BTW, she if anything was closer to a late teenager, being a 17 year old at that time), while her current body model in the game is now more of a "physically fit teen." And THEN it gets into Shimbori's quote. They're literally talking about her physical appearance, not to mention Shimbori literally uses the word boobs in the beginning of his statement.

Now, that being said, they DO talk about unnatural movement later into the article and making it more natural, with the reduction of jiggle physics to such an extent that they barely even exist (which is also a problem since it makes the girls look like they have silicon implants, which if anything makes them look worse, not better, and certainly not more natural, but that's neither here nor there.).

And just for the record, personally, I could care less about boob sizes myself, as I only am in the game for the story. However, I also know that they're radically altering a large part of what made DOA the game it is (pretty much its main selling point IS the body, in other words. Otherwise, it's barely much of a fighting game), and I also think what they're doing is just going to harm the franchise, make it Dead on Arrival. Heck, even the fighting mechanics they're promising are not looking impressive from the description.

otnesse

@otnesse there is already a quite long and stressful thread about that article, no need to bring it here.

Fine by me, wasn't sure if it was brought up, so I did it here just in case.

Like I said, it was meant to be a side topic anyway, with the actual main part of my post being related to the chances of Tina appearing as well as info about the second half of the Star event.

Welcome back, the topic hasn't been the same without you. I take it your computer problems have been resolved? Neffyarious told me you needed to get a new computer.
Not quite, internet issues but everything should be back to normal soon. I had help from a friend to record these. But thanks for the concern. For next event it should all be good on my end. It's nice to see people actually miss you/enjoy your posts. Thanks!

Last edited:

otnesse

Not quite, internet issues but everything should be back to normal soon. I had help from a friend to record these. But thanks for the concern. For next event it should all be good on my end. It's nice to see people actually miss you/enjoy your posts. Thanks!

Yeah, I heard hardseppo helped you out there. That definitely helped me regarding the transcriptions of the episodes themselves (well, the basic transcriptions anyway).

hardseppo

Luna Photo-Mode Session 01 (Inaba SSR) with lotions and fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33433517

Hitomi Photo-Mode Session 01 (Pistachio SSR) with lotions and fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33433682

Tamaki Photo-Mode Session 02 (Nkutiruka SSR) with lotions and fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33433809

Kasumi Photo-Mode Session 01 (Nemophila SSR) with lotions and fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33444215

Nyotengu Photo-Mode Session 02 (Kimon SSR) with lotions and fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33450740

Hitomi Photo-Mode Session 02 (Ribura SSR) with lotions and fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33450957

Leifang Photo-Mode Session 01 (Innocence Grace SR) with fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33510899

Leifang Photo-Mode Session 02 (Gorgeous 5-Color SSR) with fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33520716

Honoka Gravure Panel (Delphinium SSR) with lotions
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33518105

Tamaki Gravure Panel (Daddy Dress SR) with lotions
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33524043

Honoka Photo-Mode Session 02 (Daiquiri) with lotions and fan
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33526585

Last edited:

JJdude

You know, I'm surprised there wasn't a Hot Spring scenero in Venus Vacation. Thought they would do so since it's DMM. More freedom than the console version. I guess that's what Dynasty Warriors All stars was partly for.

otnesse

You know, I'm surprised there wasn't a Hot Spring scenero in Venus Vacation. Thought they would do so since it's DMM. More freedom than the console version. I guess that's what Dynasty Warriors All stars was partly for.

You've got a point there. Then again... other than maybe the butt, we don't actually see much of the girls, and that's despite their adding in a shower or Ayane's massage (and maybe Marie Rose somehow being topless on the beach at the very least in one of the later episodes, and certainly Honoka accidentally losing her top in her first episode).

JJdude

You've got a point there. Then again... other than maybe the butt, we don't actually see much of the girls, and that's despite their adding in a shower or Ayane's massage (and maybe Marie Rose somehow being topless on the beach at the very least in one of the later episodes, and certainly Honoka accidentally losing her top in her first episode).
Lol knowing Team Ninja it would be a pre rendered scene where the steam would be so thick in certain areas. That, or they will just be wearing Bath towels while sitting in the water.Probably the latter considering they had an ssr towels a month ago.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Apparently Nyo was added to that Xtreme Sense game or whatever it was called XD

Screenshot_2018-07-17-23-26-04.png

5b4eaa6d16ef1.jpg

Isn't this the game where you can smell them or something?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD