Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jackie Chan Fan

There is offgamers.com

I haven't tried this personally because my local credit card back then works on PSN HK. But I have friends who recommended that site.

otnesse

My brain still cant fathom they even made a DOAX without Tina.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around with why they even bothered to make a DOAX game that was utterly constrained. For goodness sakes, DOA5LR allowed for over 36 characters for the PS4 version, about four times as many characters as in DOAX3, and certainly more than enough to allow all fifteen girls in (barring guests from series outside DOA or NG and/or the Kasumi clones, obviously), not to mention doing a stupid wallpaper poll to decide who gets in.

Dr PaC

I'm still trying to wrap my head around with why they even bothered to make a DOAX game that was utterly constrained. For goodness sakes, DOA5LR allowed for over 36 characters for the PS4 version, about four times as many characters as in DOAX3, and certainly more than enough to allow all fifteen girls in (barring guests from series outside DOA or NG and/or the Kasumi clones, obviously), not to mention doing a stupid wallpaper poll to decide who gets in.
Maybe they had limited assets or something, I dont know. I dont know how or why they couldnt add the legacy girls. I just know there's not nearly as many things to do in these new DOAX games as there used to be in DOAX2. But at least VV seems to making a good profit, which will help the franchise overall, but to me at least, the release was disappointing

otnesse

Maybe they had limited assets or something, I dont know. I dont know how or why they couldnt add the legacy girls. I just know there's not nearly as many things to do in these new DOAX games as there used to be in DOAX2. But at least VV seems to making a good profit, which will help the franchise overall, but to me at least, the release was disappointing

Even that didn't make much sense, since DOA5LR also had limited assets, yet still added in stuff without cutting anything or anyone out.

Xerampelinae

There is a one word answer for that. Money. DOAX2 had 9 girls. The coding is a bare bones version of DOAX2. They couldn’t afford to code in more slots and render out more girls, hence the vote for those 9 slots. 3 is a LOW effort game. They would have added more if they’d gotten revenue from DLC but they made such a shitty price point for the DLC that they killed the game. DOA5 May have had the budget for more characters, but that doesn’t mean DOAX3 did. And it shows. I still like the game, but it shows

otnesse

There is a one word answer for that. Money. DOAX2 had 9 girls. The coding is a bare bones version of DOAX2. They couldn’t afford to code in more slots and render out more girls, hence the vote for those 9 slots. 3 is a LOW effort game. They would have added more if they’d gotten revenue from DLC but they made such a shitty price point for the DLC that they killed the game. DOA5 May have had the budget for more characters, but that doesn’t mean DOAX3 did. And it shows. I still like the game, but it shows

Yeah, I don't really buy that, mostly because DOA5LR took just as much time in development as DOAX3 (and if anything, DOAX3 was arguably had more development time than DOA5LR due to it being trademarked about a year before DOA5LR was even announced).

Dr PaC

Yeah, I don't really buy that, mostly because DOA5LR took just as much time in development as DOAX3 (and if anything, DOAX3 was arguably had more development time than DOA5LR due to it being trademarked about a year before DOA5LR was even announced).
Maybe it was a cashgrab till it was re-purposed as a gatcha game in VV?

Xerampelinae

Just because one game has X development time and budget doesn’t mean another game in the company gets the same. That’s not how budgets are allocated. Development time also does not equate a certain amount of budget. What they wanted with Fortune was Venus Vacation. They wanted a title with a mobile structure and cash flow. It did not work out that way.

DOA as a fighting game is a marquee title for KT. They give it far more money than a niche side game. As much as we may LIKE DOAX, it’s still a side niche game. I think if you don’t see that, Scarlet is going to be extra disappointing. I have ZERO expectations of it. I was hyped for Fortune, and look what happened there. I’ll still get Scarlet day 1 on probably both systems but this time I don’t expect anything from them and I’m happier for it.

Dr PaC

Just because one game has X development time and budget doesn’t mean another game in the company gets the same. That’s not how budgets are allocated. Development time also does not equate a certain amount of budget. What they wanted with Fortune was Venus Vacation. They wanted a title with a mobile structure and cash flow. It did not work out that way.

DOA as a fighting game is a marquee title for KT. They give it far more money than a niche side game. As much as we may LIKE DOAX, it’s still a side niche game. I think if you don’t see that, Scarlet is going to be extra disappointing. I have ZERO expectations of it. I was hyped for Fortune, and look what happened there. I’ll still get Scarlet day 1 on probably both systems but this time I don’t expect anything from them and I’m happier for it.
True. Well, Nyotengu took Tina's place in my life as Waifu so as long as she's in it, Im good

otnesse

Yeah, I'm still doubtful about that. Let's not forget, MGSV had at a bare minimum three years of development, five if we take Kojima's statement of starting development immediately after Peace Walker's release at face value, and it came out with a very incomplete game upon release, and that was despite him having more than enough time and certainly more than a large enough budget (it's even indicated such was the reason he ended up fired by Konami). I'm pretty sure DOAX3 would have gotten enough of a budget to allow fifteen girls in, especially when the PS4 alone could handle four times as many girls as proven by DOA5LR. Heck, DOA5LR wasn't even a mainline fighting game, it was an expansion pack.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I have the translations for some of DOAX: VV menus, but it doesn't cover everything. Whenever I get into purchasing something I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I have a lot of questions. Why can't I get even opponents in volleyball and lose every time? How do I purchase one of the new girls to use.

I might just keep playing X3 and wait for Scarlet to release.

Jackie Chan Fan

No info yet. It looks like new info comes every 2 weeks. So we had Leifang news last week. Maybe we'll hear something new next week.

Maybe swimsuits like Peace, Illusion, and Bamboo Shoots will still be DLC if not built into the game. We may or may not get another Senran Kagura collab.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD