DOA5LR Online Beta Test for Steam, from 6/24 to 6/30.

Kronin

Just a thought I came up with ... does the arcade version actually offer a lobby feature too? Since I doubt it does, I rather have the feeling that TN is just going to be like "... we can't add lobby features because the game is based on the arcade version ... "

And they don't seem to put a lot of manpower to this game anymore in general.

This wouldn't make sense because the Arcade version offers just the basic offline support: the possibility to play against the AI or another offline player, no rank modes, no tag mode, no survival, no time attack, ecc...

Yes, the Steam version is based on the Arcade, but again integrated many elements from the console version, for this reason I don't think that this can be a reasonable excuse.

PS: By the way I actually think that even graphically the Steam version is an hybrid: for example in the Ends of the Earth stage maybe it's just me but I really think that they integrated the increased snow storm how happens in the PS4/Xbox One versions compared to the old generation; but again, the number of the penguins is still the same of the old gen.

Last edited:

Meddling-Monk

Anything with a 2 connection is still pretty much playable. 1 is always lag on one players end at the very least if not both. Slightly surprised that KT/TN don't implement something that checks prior if anyone has a 1 connection and cancels the online match automatically.

Kronin

Does anyone know the exact port numbers to open for Steam? Thanks!

I'm ignorant on this matter, so sorry if I'm saying wrong or useless things. If the ports are the same for everyone as I believe, when I go to my modem page I see these infos:
  • App Steam Client
    • Internal ports:
      • TCP:27020-27039; UDP:1200, 27000-27015
    • External ports:
      • TCP:27020-27039; UDP:1200, 27000-27015
  • App Steam Games
    • Internal ports:
      • TCP:27030-27039; UDP:1200, 27000-27015
    • External ports:
      • TCP:27030-27039; UDP:1200, 27000-27015
  • App Steam Server
    • Internal ports:
      • TCP:27015; UDP:27015, 27020
    • External ports:
      • TCP:27015; UDP:27015, 27020
I setted as IP of destination my IPv4 adress and activated all of them. Someone with a knowledge on the matter can confirm me that this was the correct proceeding to do for opening the ports and consequently the NAT? (I know that the game continue to list that the NAT is strict for a bug, but just for this reason I can't get a confirmation if I did the things right in a theoretical way).

Also another question, I read online tutorials that mention as creating from scratch and using a new Broadband connection, the NAT should appear automatically open or moderate. Someone can say me if is this right? People that used this method confirm the thing but I wasn't able to find the reason because this should happen.

Last edited:

FakeSypha

Very buggy online at the moment, and without lobby support.

And yet it is still the most playable version, by far. Amazing what losing those 7 frames of input delay will do to a games playability.
7 frames of input delay? Is that how laggy are PS3/360/XB1/PS4 versions? Really? If that's true, its worse than PS4 version of USFIV o_O

Randzz

I don't know if anyone has tried but the PC version can now use an Xb1 controller. Up until I tried it today the PC version would not recognize the LT & RT buttons on the Xb1 controller, now they are. Not sure if it's due to the beta patch or what.

I had 2 matches today using it, unfortunately the second match crashed the game midway through.

Almost positive they're going to release lobbies. They're probably just starting the test with Ranked for now.

Good news is 4-5 bars is incredibly good. Almost feels like offline.

My only gripe is not being able to turn off player's mics. Don't really care for chatter and background noise in a fight. Hopefully they'll give us an option for that as well.

I simply unplugged mine, I never use the freakin' thing anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Thanks Wah!

Also a general question to everyone...

I read that there are some restrictions on changing your name.

From what I remember the game doesn't let you continue saves if you have changed your name. Is that correct?

Saves are tied to a static profile name. So basically if you change your name you have a new save. If you change it back I believe it will find the old save.

I don't know if anyone has tried but the PC version can now use an Xb1 controller. Up until I tried it today the PC version would not recognize the LT & RT buttons on the Xb1 controller, now they are. Not sure if it's due to the beta patch or what.

I had 2 matches today using it, unfortunately the second match crashed the game midway through.

It was the patch before the beta patch.

WAZAAAAA

I played in my office and my office has TERRIBLE speed, 15.8 down .87 up (yeah, not a typo). It's the best speed that I can get in a 7th story office without paying 300 a month though.
Your "TERRIBLE" download speed is 2x the average of my entire country, lol. Same upload though.
Just saying, as a P2P game, DOA needs very little bandwidth to work properly. It's the latency that matters instead http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/rants/Latency.html

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Easy way to check if the NAT strict type is a bug is to turn on DMZ and see if it makes a difference. DMZ opens up ALL the ports of an ip so turn it back off if you try this method.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm just using my DS4 for PC using third party software.

AND ABOUT THAT...

I can actually get off things consistently on the PC version using the same controller that I can't get things consistently off with on the PS4.

Meaning there is a software problem in the way inputs are read on the PS4. Who'da thunk it?

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I'm just using my DS4 for PC using third party software.

AND ABOUT THAT...

I can actually get off things consistently on the PC version using the same controller that I can't get things consistently off with on the PS4.

Meaning there is a software problem in the way inputs are read on the PS4. Who'da thunk it?
lol

You do realize that EVERY PS4 controller that works properly out the box has an ARM processor and a Bluetooth radio in it shaking hands constantly with the system(this is why you have a switch on the BC stuff), because god forbid Sony doesn't make a dime from us using our old sticks/pads that have superior build quality and battery life.

Sorry for the mild thread derail but I am so sick of console manufacturers doing this sneaky shit to the things I love.

Brute

Standard Donor
This flickering background thing is getting crazy. It happens very frequently for me, and it's impossible to carry on with the match when it occurs.

Could it be related to having my graphics settings low? It seems like most others aren't encountering this as much as I am. Or if they are, they're being curiously quiet about it.

WAZAAAAA

This flickering background thing is getting crazy. It happens very frequently for me, and it's impossible to carry on with the match when it occurs.

Could it be related to having my graphics settings low? It seems like most others aren't encountering this as much as I am. Or if they are, they're being curiously quiet about it.
Make a video man

Kronin

I was able to play 4 matches yesterday (even if lagging) against the same oppnent but in 4 different stages (Zack Island, Aircraft Carrier, Temple of Dragon/Sakura and I can't remember the fourth one) but I never encountered your problem.

During that gaming session I was using low details me too with the exception of the anti aliasing:
  • Window Mode
  • 1024x768
  • Shadow Off
  • Anti Aliasing 4xSSAA

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Here are a couple examples of it occurring on Haunted Lorelei and Hot Zone.

Thanks to @Rikuto for helping me capture the footage.

I was running it windowed on 720p with Shadows and Anti-Aliasing set to "Off." Not sure about Rikuto's settings, but I'm sure you could ask him.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD