Online multiplayer is a complete disappointment

Scott

Online is a series of who can spam safe strings fastest for me. I can literally call every move people are going to press but can't hold them. It seems every move leaves people at plus frames on block now as well.

Jeremy

If your WiFi is running at N speeds then I doubt you will have lag issues. If your running at G I can understand.

If your WiFi is running at N speeds then I doubt you will have lag issues. If your running at G I can understand.
I still say that running WiFi for fighting games is a serious risk only because a wired connection is stable while no matter how good Wifi is it's not as stable.
If you can't use a hardwire for you system and WiFi is the only option then that kinda sucks, but if you have the option forget Wifi and sick with wired connections.

MCDOA

I guess I will at least try wired, just to be sure, but I need a router for that.
My modem is in another room, and the 360 cable is way too short.

Onslaught X

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with this. People either seem to have no problems at all or unplayable lag. :S

TheTHCGamer

There doesn't seem to be any middle ground with this. People either seem to have no problems at all or unplayable lag. :S
Well im personally in that middle ground ive played a good majority of smooth online matches and ive also had my fair share of laggy matches. The ones that drive me nuts are the matches that have noticeable lag spikes or lag in general in the middle of matches. VF5FS netcode this is not but for the most part the online (for me) anyway is very playable.

I really do hope the netcode is the priority right now for TN though. Fighting games are heavily based on frame rate and timing so a solid netcode is crucial.

Onslaught X

Well im personally in that middle ground ive played a good majority of smooth online matches and ive also had my fair share of laggy matches. The ones that drive me nuts are the matches that have noticeable lag spikes or lag in general in the middle of matches. VF5FS netcode this is not but for the most part the online (for me) anyway is very playable.

I really do hope the netcode is the priority right now for TN though. Fighting games are heavily based on frame rate and timing so a solid netcode is crucial.
I mean yeah, I've had partial lag every once in a blue moon as well. But I think it'd be impossible for developers to eradicate the entire possibility if lag coming up in ANY game.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I think this game in particular wasn't coded to play on WiF well. As long as people try to play it using Wifi people will still have issues. We've seen it here where people switch from WiFi to hard wired and it has made a serious difference.
I wish Team Ninja would come out and talk about this, because it seems clear to me that WiFi is the real issue for this game's netcode problem.

TheTHCGamer

I mean yeah, I've had partial lag every once in a blue moon as well. But I think it'd be impossible for developers to eradicate the entire possibility if lag coming up in ANY game.
Of course its impossible to eradicate lag entirely but that doesnt mean you can have a game still play amazing online case in point VF5FS. Major glitches need to be fixed but the next priority in my opinion should be trying to improve the netcode especially with all the people who unfortunately play wireless.

Console gamers these days expect a smooth online experience and if you want sales to stay steady you have to deliver. Once again this game is very playable for the most part online but it could/should be better.

monster637

Online is a series of who can spam safe strings fastest for me. I can literally call every move people are going to press but can't hold them. It seems every move leaves people at plus frames on block now as well.
Its ruff aint it, thought i was just tripping , figuring should be a easy grab...grab range needs to be Pumped up a bit for alot of the non grappling cast

daman077c

Most actually leave you at minus frames (Most leave you at -4 to -7), it's just everyone bar the grapplers don't have 4 frame throws to punish. In DOA 4 a lot of stuff was much more unsafe, but it led to attacking from a disadvantage.

MCDOA

So what exactly would I need?
My modem only has one ethernet cable connection, and my wired laptop connection is plugged in there. My pc is using wireless. I still have the ethernet cable from my 360. So if I buy a router, what would go where exactly?

The 360 cable would go from the 360 to the router, and then I'm lost :p

TheTHCGamer

Its pretty self explanatory when you buy the router and it tells you where to plug in the ethernet cable on the back of the router. For example my linksys has like 5 ports in the back of the router one of the ports is for the modem cable and from there you plug an ethernet cable from one of the open slots of the router directly to your 360.

So yes your correct the 360 cable would go plug right into the router. Thing with a router though is you have to open your ports to get the best experience and for the 360 its very easy. I can explain it to you if you pick up a router and need any help opening your ports for your 360.

MCDOA

Its pretty self explanatory when you buy the router and it tells you where to plug in the ethernet cable on the back of the router. For example my linksys has like 5 ports in the back of the router one of the ports is for the modem cable and from there you plug an ethernet cable from one of the open slots of the router directly to your 360.

So yes your correct the 360 cable would go plug right into the router. Thing with a router though is you have to open your ports to get the best experience and for the 360 its very easy. I can explain it to you if you pick up a router and need any help opening your ports for your 360.

Thank you.

The thing I don't understand though is, that if I plug the ethernet cable from my modem in my router, won't I lose my internet connection? Since my modem won't have any cables in it. Or am I just too stupid (very possible) to understand this?

Jeremy

MCDOA>

Your modem will have TWO cables connected to it-- like an input / output situation.
-Internet from outside connects to modem (coaxial cable probably)
-Then to share that Internet connection you connect your modem to the routers Internet port

Modem plugs into INTERNET/WAN port of router. (This gives all other ports on router access to Internet)

Connect other devices into other ports or have them connect via wireless for network access to the Internet and each other.

The "opening ports" that THCGamer is referring to is called QoS (Quality of Service). It allows you to prioritize the network traffic on your router. It is slightly more advance but pretty straight forward once you know how to login to your routers web interface. But unfortunately I don't have the time to explain all that right now. Long story short-- type the ip address of your router/default gateway and you should be able to find the setting there. A lot of the time its not even necessary unless you have multiple applications using your router at the same time. For one application it doesn't make a difference.

TheTHCGamer

Thank you.

The thing I don't understand though is, that if I plug the ethernet cable from my modem in my router, won't I lose my internet connection? Since my modem won't have any cables in it. Or am I just too stupid (very possible) to understand this?
Your not stupid its the fact that this is new to you so its going to be a bit learning process. Ill put it simply the modem is your internet and router is a way to have more control over it. Its very simple since most routers come packaged with instructions that easily explain the steps for you.

Also as i stated if you do need to open your ports for your 360 its fairly easy and playing on a wired connection for fighting games is always best. You see its easier to hide lag for example in a FPS compared to a fighting game. Fighting games run heavily on frame rate and timing so not having a solid connection will give you noticeable lag.

AngryWorm

Online has been terrible for me today. It's honestly starting to cost me rounds and in some cases entire matches. It's not very fun, at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD