PC: Community Mod Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

navmesh

Noob question : i'm trying to swap costume from kasumi to kokoro, and i'm stuck to the famous neck hole problem.

is there any tutorial link i missed that could help me to get rid of it ?
Hi jjinkou2 , Here 's Harry Palmer 's tutorial , exactly what you are asking :
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53532-doa5lr-harry-palmers-tools-and-tips/?page=1
("Neck Connecting Tutorial" part)
The body type of Kasumi and Kokoro are different, so you need resizing the body mesh and patch the skeleton too ("Skeleton Patcher Tutorial" part)

Last edited:

KasumiLove

I read his tutorial but I don't understand how he does to fit the vertex. To do neck connection I cut a neck from a character to fit with the body. Harry's method may be better but i don't understand his tutorial so...

navmesh

@KasumiLove : the part take most time with me is resizing the body ,here is what i do in blender :

for example you want to adapt the body of character A to the head of character B
to fit the vertices , after importing A's body (obj) , you continue import B 's body (obj) (be sure to check keep vertex order when import and exporting)

Vertices editing in blender
i change the body to the approximate size in vertical and Horizontal, then put it in position
then i edit the neck vertices :
turn on "snap during transform"
mode "vertex" and "closest"
disable "snap on to itself"
then i move each neck vertex of A near B ,it will snap automatically
I only edit the most top 2 rows of neck
you can use mask modifier to hide part what you don't want to see of object B , it is very useful with me

Other parts :
use vertex data matcher to match position and normal (weight if needed) (i do it with neck vertices only )
replace texture and mtrlcol (harry's tool)
use skeleton patcher and test
the mesh may distored more in animation when patching from different skeleton (just my experience) , so you may want to rig the bone by using doutoku 's tmcmesh plugin for blender
sorry for bad english

Last edited:

immi

with a slight delay I finally finished the new version

lnk_reshuffle v4

what's new:
  • updated to work with all versions
  • likewise rewritten & updated mod loader (dinput8.dll). "One dll to rule them all", should work on all versions.
  • there is now a 'revert' button to undo swaps (note: this also deletes the swapped file from the mod/ directory)
  • reads out and displays the actual slot & costume composition
    ! costume composition for DLC files might be wrong as that gets overwritten by the bcm files which lnk_reshuffle doesn't parse
  • likewise reads out and displays stage assets (*still incomplete*)
  • allows to change costume composition (ie which files used for tmc/tmcl/--p/... etc), including the ability to extend & customize the HairStyle/Details options (limited to 8 per costume though)
    ! these changes are only possible for costumes from the base game. You still need to use DlcTool to make your custom DLC costumes
    ! it is possible to assign different --p files (thumbnails) to non-dlc costumes, however that will only work with unlocked DLC_* or DLCU_* costumes.
    The thumbnails of the COS_* costumes seem to ignore the --p file for mysterious reasons.
  • possibility to change/extend the hair & face slot list used for DLC content
  • added basic parsing of all installed DLC packages, meaning they will be displayed and data can be extracted from them.
    ! However it is not possible to swap/replace or otherwise modify DLC content.(you still need DlcTool for that)
  • probably also features new and exciting bugs

//edit
regarding updating from the old version
to point out the obvious: you need to copy the new dinput8.dll into your DOA5 game folder and replace the old version. :)
The new one is compatible with the old one and should work with your previous mod.config
On your first launch lnk_reshuffle v4 will convert the mod.config to the new format (it makes a backup beforehand).
In theory that should all work without a problem.
The only thing to watch out for is that tricks like that won't work any longer for a character after you changed the number of the hair/face slots for dlcs.

Don't be surprised when you don't find a button to actually bring new files into game (instead of replacing existing ones).
There isn't one. We still can't do that. What we can do is finding some content that the game doesn't actually uses and modify that for our purpose.

So let's say you want to add a new Hairstyle(hair.tmc,hair.tmcl) for character X:
  • First you go to the AssetBrowser tab, select 'obsolete' from the filter drop down menu. These 700-ish files listed there are unused by the game (as far as I understand things), and therefore safe for us to use. (while I haven't tested all of them, I haven't seen any problems yet with the ones I used)
  • just select one random file from the list, go to the right side and click 'pick file' to select your hair.tmc file.
  • important: now before you click swap, click on the dropdown box next to 'Typ' and select 'tmc hair'. Then click swap to perform the exchange.
  • select another file from the list, and do the same for the hair.tmcl file (this time select the type 'tmcl hair' obviously)
  • now the new files are available in the game, we can actually assign them to a costume/character
  • go to the costume browser, select character X, go to the DLC slots tab and click on the + to add a hair slot.
    Then scroll down to the newly added hair option, select the empty line and hit the set button. This brings up a list of all possible hair TMC files in the game.
    Select the one you just added and click confirm. repeat with the next line and the hair.tmcl file.
    (you can type the name of the file in the entry at the top to narrow down the list. Or change the filter to 'swapped')

Now you can use that new hair slot when making your DLC packages with DlcTool. If you want to add the hair to the base costumes you can do that in the 'HairStyles' list in the 'Costumes' tab. Don't try and change any of the DLC costumes (blue) here. That won't work.
The same process can be used to add new faces, thumbnails or h,hl files to the games (just remember to change to file typ accordingly when swapping)

random thought: it occured to me that the tools name doesn't make any sense anymore since it doesn't actually changes any lnk files ..
hmm, oh well. no need to make sense all the time :p

Last edited:

mralex

with a slight delay I finally finished the new version

lnk_reshuffle v4

what's new:
  • updated to work with all versions
  • likewise rewritten & updated mod loader (dinput8.dll). "One dll to rule them all", should work on all versions.
  • there is now a 'revert' button to undo swaps (note: this also deletes the swapped file from the mod/ directory)
  • reads out and displays the actual slot & costume composition
    ! costume composition for DLC files might be wrong as that gets overwritten by the bcm files which lnk_reshuffle doesn't parse
  • likewise reads out and displays stage assets (*still incomplete*)
  • allows to change costume composition (ie which files used for tmc/tmcl/--p/... etc), including the ability to extend & customize the HairStyle/Details options (limited to 8 per costume though)
    ! these changes are only possible for costumes from the base game. You still need to use DlcTool to make your custom DLC costumes
    ! it is possible to assign different --p files (thumbnails) to non-dlc costumes, however that will only work with unlocked DLC_* or DLCU_* costumes.
    The thumbnails of the COS_* costumes seem to ignore the --p file for mysterious reasons.
  • possibility to change/extend the hair & face slot list used for DLC content
  • added basic parsing of all installed DLC packages, meaning they will be displayed and data can be extracted from them.
    ! However it is not possible to swap/replace or otherwise modify DLC content.(you still need DlcTool for that)
  • probably also features new and exciting bugs
Don't be surprised when you don't find a button to actually bring new files into game (instead of replacing existing ones).
There isn't one. We still can't do that. What we can do is finding some content that the game doesn't actually uses and modify that for our purpose.

So let's say you want to add a new Hairstyle(hair.tmc,hair.tmcl) for character X:
  • First you go to the AssetBrowser tab, select 'obsolete' from the filter drop down menu. These 700-ish files listed there are unused by the game (as far as I understand things), and therefore safe for us to use. (while I haven't tested all of them, I haven't seen any problems yet with the ones I used)
  • just select one random file from the list, go to the right side and click 'pick file' to select your hair.tmc file.
  • important: now before you click swap, click on the dropdown box next to 'Typ' and select 'tmc hair'. Then click swap to perform the exchange.
  • select another file from the list, and do the same for the hair.tmcl file (this time select the type 'tmcl hair' obviously)
  • now the new files are available in the game, we can actually assign them to a costume/character
  • go to the costume browser, select character X, go to the DLC slots tab and click on the + to add a hair slot.
    Then scroll down to the newly added hair option, select the empty line and hit the set button. This brings up a list of all possible hair TMC files in the game.
    Select the one you just added and click confirm. repeat with the next line and the hair.tmcl file.
    (you can type the name of the file in the entry at the top to narrow down the list. Or change the filter to 'swapped')

Now you can use that new hair slot when making your DLC packages with DlcTool. If you want to add the hair to the base costumes you can do that in the 'HairStyles' list in the 'Costumes' tab. Don't try and change any of the DLC costumes (blue) here. That won't work.
The same process can be used to add new faces, thumbnails or h,hl files to the games (just remember to change to file typ accordingly when swapping)

random thought: it occured to me that the tools name doesn't make any sense anymore since it doesn't actually changes any lnk files ..
hmm, oh well. no need to make sense all the time :p

So with that final ver. We can put new hairs like skyrim hairstyles? And put the senran kagura hairs into the DOA5 original hairstyles?

CherryBlossomsNinja

All this "ultimate" costumes from Schoolgirl Strikers DLC are stupid, but Phase 4's one. I feel bad because the PC didn't receive the school uniforms. The Momiji's "ultimate" costume is horrible, not only the helmet.

Last edited:

mralex

All this "ultimate" costumes from Schoolgirl Strikers DLC is stupid, but Phase 4's one. I feel bad because the PC didn't receive the school uniforms. The Momiji's "ultimate" costume is horrible, not only the helmet.

Part of the school pack would be made with the honoka school outfit :)

immi

Raidou will have all his faces back !

Do we need to back up the save to use ink reshuffle v4 or just change the dll file ?
it _should_ work by just updating the dll and using the new lnk reshuffle. The dll is in everyway compatible to the old one, so it also works with your old existing mod.config. When you first start lnk_reshuffle v4 it will convert your mod.config to a new format (it makes a backup first, so you can always go back if things don't work)
That new format allows you to do all the new stuff.
There is one slight problem you want to watch out for:
If you have a DLC that uses the Hair/FaceSwap trick to get the hair/face of another character(by setting the slot to a number higher than the characters own faces/hairs), that won't work anymore after you extended the slot list via lnk_reshuffle.

Because the wings would limit so much the players's sight during the game.
exactly , the whole (gameplay) point of DOAX is to marvel at all the exposed flesh from all possible directions. There is really no use for her wings, which just hide her wonderful backside :p
character and consistency are really irrelevant at this point :/

KasumiLove

it _should_ work by just updating the dll and using the new lnk reshuffle. The dll is in everyway compatible to the old one, so it also works with your old existing mod.config. When you first start lnk_reshuffle v4 it will convert your mod.config to a new format (it makes a backup first, so you can always go back if things don't work)
That new format allows you to do all the new stuff.
There is one slight problem you want to watch out for:
If you have a DLC that uses the Hair/FaceSwap trick to get the hair/face of another character(by setting the slot to a number higher than the characters own faces/hairs), that won't work anymore after you extended the slot list via lnk_reshuffle.

exactly , the whole (gameplay) point of DOAX is to marvel at all the exposed flesh from all possible directions. There is really no use for her wings, which just hide her wonderful backside :p
character and consistency are really irrelevant at this point :/

So I can't use hayabusa's face free slot or Bayman helmet ? But I suppose we don't need them anymore. Thank you for your great work by the way :)

I m making these costumes for respectively Hitomi and Kasumi. I would prefer long sleeves for Kasumi but I don't know how to do that. I'm not sure about the colors either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD