New "MarieG" costumes, i make a "adult" face for her

inspired by a model i do a new marie :D

big_marie_by_lordlkkamikaze-d9fbpdy.jpg
2.png
1.png

Last edited:

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
I hesitated longly to make this comment but after all I don't care, anyone is free to give his opinion so I want to share my feeling regarding Huchi, this comment is for you Huchi and if the community is asking why I don't just pm him you should know Huchi is not the kind of person to read / answer his private message.

First of all, I admit you are good on import and I used a lot of your mods but the true fact is you have no respect regarding the others modders that make me change my mind about you now.

Many times you made the same import of others modders, not only myself and it's really annoying and frustrating to see you made the same thing as others, there are so many others models to import it's a non-respect from others modders to do the same work.
Not everyone have your skills for import that's true but we are working hard on our work too and seeing a "copy" of our hard work is very frustrating.

It's not the first time it happen and I am not the only one.

I know you are workshipped here and people will just defend you without try to understand my point of view but I don't care I want to share my feelings and I think some others modders don't dare to make a comment about that just because they are afraid of their reputation or because the community don't care of your opinion and non-modder will not understand this feelings.

Now I am leaving, to the wise.

Last edited:

Vex

Lola me thinks you're angry far too much. As maximum - u could ask huchi to refer some other modder's imorted elements. That's all.
Unlikely u will do models for TN for payment, Also unlikely u could sell them. :D
Ofc it's not pleasant if someone is copiing you, but you can just simply tell that, without histery.
A simple user(me) barely sees plagiarism, and a simple player doesn't cares about mods' authors at all.

Giri

Well,maybe the point is about respect.example like...i've spent a lot of time making this mod,but then a modder made a mod,different but using a same model. Makes u think like..'man,if somebody gonna make this mod aswell, i wont make it'

Well,maybe thats what lola thinks

huchi001

my english is too poor.
simply one screenshot look.

DEV.jpg

bayonetta is my old and most difficult works. it's hair animation is too complex and difficult.
without tmc object tool and bone tool , and abs transform , this mod is not complete forever.

Saafrats

I hesitated longly to make this comment but after all I don't care, anyone is free to give his opinion so I want to share my feeling regarding Huchi, this comment his for you Huchi and if the community is asking why I don't just pm him you should know Huchi is not the kind of person to read / answer his private message.

First of all, I admit you are good on import and I used a lot of your mods but the true fact is you have no respect regarding the others modders that make me change my mind about you now.

Many times you made the same import of others modders, not only myself and it's really annoying and frustrating to see you made the same thing as others, there are so many others models to import it's a non-respect from others modders to do the same work.
Not everyone have your skills for import that's true but we are working hard on our work too and seeing a "copy" of our hard work is very frustrating.

I know you are workshipped here and people will just defend you without try to understand my point of view but I don't care I want to share my feelings and I think some others modders don't dare to make a comment about that just because they are afraid of their reputation or because the community don't care of your opinion and non-modder will not understand this feelings.

Lola is not being angry or "hysterical" as many here may think, she's just upset about something very simple: respect for the work done by others. It's not so difficult to understand, as I understand that I'm not allowed to show nudity here, very simple.
No matter if you were working on a mod long before someone else, if someone else released the mod (or just show some screenshots) before you, it's sad, but there is nothing to do. Believe me, It happened before with certain outfit I was making for Honoka, and some other mods. I had completely abandoned some projects after seeing that someone else was showing progress.
Lola has been also secretly working on many other mods too, like the sailor moon suits imports. She decided to abandon the project because she saw someone else was doingthe same. That's called respect, and I'm glad she knows about that.
Well, I must say that I recently made a port for Honoka, which I swear, I didn't know it has been done before (for nyotengu), until my friend gatto tom told me about it by PM. I feel sorry for having not informed about it before, and I apologize if I offended the original author. I'm not going to release that mod.
I absolutely know that my opinion doesn't matter at all here. I just wanted to show my support to Lola.

mralex

Very good!!! You did incredible good editing MrAlex!
Her neck seems a little wide or too short.
Also, can her face be more like Kasumi or Kokoro? (less kidish)

I fixed the neck problem, i have to use marie's face since if i put the marie texture into kasumi, looks more kasumi than marie :/
as you can see the differences are not too much, but the modified face looks better with the new body
Screenshot6640.jpg

Vex

Anyway don't dismoral each other. Mods - thing that increase games' life and you all - our best! <3

KasumiLove

Lola is not being angry or "hysterical" as many here may think, she's just upset about something very simple: respect for the work done by others. It's not so difficult to understand, as I understand that I'm not allowed to show nudity here, very simple.
No matter if you were working on a mod long before someone else, if someone else released the mod (or just show some screenshots) before you, it's sad, but there is nothing to do. Believe me, It happened before with certain outfit I was making for Honoka, and some other mods. I had completely abandoned some projects after seeing that someone else was showing progress.
Lola has been also secretly working on many other mods too, like the sailor moon suits imports. She decided to abandon the project because she saw someone else was doingthe same. That's called respect, and I'm glad she knows about that.
Well, I must say that I recently made a port for Honoka, which I swear, I didn't know it has been done before (for nyotengu), until my friend gatto tom told me about it by PM. I feel sorry for having not informed about it before, and I apologize if I offended the original author. I'm not going to release that mod.
I absolutely know that my opinion doesn't matter at all here. I just wanted to show my support to Lola.

Which was the mod you are talking about ?

I know huchi001 didn't copy on purpose. He's just making so many mods that he forget to release them. So when someone release a mod he already did he just remember and also release it.

And anyway everyone is free to release their creations because that's not exactly the same. We can play with 2 versions in our game.

For example huchi made Poison mod for Rachel and segadordelinks made it for Tina. Since that's not the same character people will choose their character's preference.

And i believe that porting is not really copying.

Porting is nice but the risk is that someone will eventually do the same thing than you.

If you make original costumes and someone copy it's another matter.

OrochiBuffy

Here my opinion.

First of all I am kind of person that try to improve modders' works as much as I can, by doing per example details based on their original mods.

I do the same when I transfer "old" umod files to dlc system.

I always try to respect creator's work, each time I post something I give them credits (like for @coopermon , @bbb , @KasumiLove, etc.)

If modders post their work in progress screenshots, I try as much as I can to press the like button to support them

I don't consider myself as a copier that way. Moreover I do also my own mods and try to request some good ideas to do (like I did when I ask here for Bayonetta a few weeks ago).

Anyone are free to create mods, porting models, etc. So sometimes many people got same projects (good examples : blackcat, supergirl, etc.)

So in the case of @LolaGMODS & @huchi001, I think people should just calm down, cause that just a video game at base, even if I can understand Lola's reaction. But I don't think there should be competition between modders.

Mode Pacificator ON : So maybe just try to let people continue their advanced works until the end of project before posting too much closed works withtout having consulting them before. Communication is important to prevent bad accusations like stolen mods.

My Marie Pack is currently 92% done, I have updated my post a little on page 185

Zentsuken

Which was the mod you are talking about ?

I know huchi001 didn't copy on purpose. He's just making so many mods that he forget to release them. So when someone release a mod he already did he just remember and also release it.

And anyway everyone is free to release their creations because that's not exactly the same. We can play with 2 versions in our game.

For example huchi made Poison mod for Rachel and segadordelinks made it for Tina. Since that's not the same character people will choose their character's preference.

And i believe that porting is not really copying.

Porting is nice but the risk is that someone will eventually do the same thing than you.

If you make original costumes and someone copy it's another matter.

KasumiLove summed it up perfectly, and I completely agree. I worked on a few mods for MK9 and since we didn't have the liberty to add custom meshes, sometimes what one of us made would mirror what another modder was working on, we didn't have as many options as the DOA community has... Often times it felt like some of the more talented modders tackled down several mods before some of us (like me for example) could get done fixing just one of our skins.

However personally, I feel no amount of work can ever go to waste because each modder has different visions for their work. As a result each modder's work will not be identical to each other. I think if you love what you are doing, continue doing it regardless if someone beats you on release something. It's not really a race IMO. At least in my case, I ended up doing a collaboration and we helped each other out to improve our mods.

There are many talented modders in the DOA scene, so as time goes on it's going to be impossible not to step on someones toes and release something that perhaps another person was also working on. But again, I don't really see this as a bad thing because no ones work is identical and everyone pays attention to different kinds of details. If anything, it just makes for a wider variety of skins people will enjoy.

Just like huchi's work, I think your work is amazing Lola, it would suck to see your efforts go to waste, I feel you should continue working on your unreleased mods, but thats just me :). We all have different opinions on this, and this is personally mine. So I do hope no one takes it the wrong way, just throwing my input here.

silverman169

Hi Huchi001, just wondering if there is progress on the Resident Evil Jill and Claire mods? Thanks and amazing work as always!

The Enforcer

Been outta the game for while, so I'm revisiting some ideas I wanted to finish. Primarily, I wanted to figure out how to use the Details to toggle actual mesh pieces. It would seem that have several failed attempts the concept has limitations and it would suggest why Team Ninja themselves toggle items using the Hair option. I tried using the Detail to allow for slight variations to the same mesh by toggling which item was visible, but by making one invisible by texture, it was still present and caused tearing or shadow artifacts conflicting with remaining items. So I've abandoned the idea for now, at least until solves how to add complete Geometry/Node objects.

Finished at least a working Classic Rachel Fiend Slayer with optional hammer & mask. I had hoped to make the torso variable to use current and classic style, but that was the part that had to get scrapped. Also included a couple of palette swaps in case anyone wants to save some costume slots. May have been done before, but not sure.

I've only included the costume & detail files. Given how many mods there are and with constant DLC changes to the game, I figure people know how to add them and have their own configurations by now. Enjoy!

RachelFiendSlayerSample.png

AyanePaletteSample.png

Rachel
(A: Hammer, B: Hammer/Mask, No Earrings/Headband, C: Mask Only)

Ayane

Lisa

bbb

I hesitated longly to make this comment but after all I don't care, anyone is free to give his opinion so I want to share my feeling regarding Huchi, this comment is for you Huchi and if the community is asking why I don't just pm him you should know Huchi is not the kind of person to read / answer his private message.

I guess I'll give my opinion on this matter.

I personally don't mind if someone makes a mod based on one of my mods or ideas. I have always said anyone is free to use mods or parts of mine as they wish. I do not mod for any glory, I simply mod for fun and try to improve a game that me and others can enjoy.

If someone wants to remake my mod and make it better, why would I be upset? I made the mod because it was fun to make and I wanted it, now if someone made a better version of it, that would be good, I would get a better mod that I wanted. I even encourage people to do this as I even made reference files for both my gothic character and miyako for others to make them easier. I also asked harry palmer to include miyakos skin mtlcol in his skin replacer even though I knew how to easily do it by hex, but having it in his tool would make it easier for others.

Ive already had this happened to me already. kasumilove made a punk hitomi that was similiar to one of my gothic mods, and I simply thought the coincidence was funny, was not upset about it in anyway. many others have made re textures of my work, or reused parts, and always encourage them to do so, I don't mind.

also, my most popular mod being the tropical sailor kasumi, was re-released by you bundled together with a recolour without any credit given. I had not said anything as I do not personally care (although I always respect others work and always give credit to them if I used anything, or mention if I was inspired by it, I just don't care if others give it to me or not). also, I didn't want to bring up this year old fiasco that happened, but seeing how its related, everyone here knows me as the person who rips off nyotengu's wings as soon as the dlc is released, and you had wingless tengu pack up for **** as your own on your old deviant art account you used to try and **** mods on. I had not said anything, as I do not care for the credit or the glory.

so hypocrisy aside, it isn't fair to claim a monopoly over mod ideas, people are free to mod as they wish. if they used parts of your mods without permission or credit is one thing, but if they made there own version entirely, they should be free to do so without any need of permission. especially if its a port of a game character, none of us designed that character, none of us own it, none of us should try to own it.

I apologize if I upset you by this, it is not my intent. I am simply stating my opinion on this matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD