DOA5LR PC: General Modding Discussion

bbb

Hi guys, do you know if with the recent tools of sharing object models there is a way to add the bandages on the full right arm of Ein's C4 over his KarateGi C2 and eventually even on the left arm too? I don't know how to use it at all, so I've neither idea of its potentiality.

View attachment 12520 View attachment 12519

there would be a problem with the dangling part of the bandage because the animation wouldn't exist for it in the other costume, but you can transfer the none dangling parts, by sacrificing something from the other costume though, unless you lucky with the uv placement, you can combine the 2 textures.

Kronin

Hi guys, I tried to use the software shared from the user C3S4RFC for makiing transparent the objects of the game:

You may use the tool TMCSUKE
DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMvfmLOQVzPMjFNcnB6TjB6LTg/view?usp=sharing
1. Change for object that you want to make transparent:
flg1: from 00 to 01;
ObjInfo1: From 02 to 08;
ObjInfo2: From 00 to 01;
View attachment 13239
2. Save
3. Now you can modify the texture using Photoshop and add a alpha channel to define transparency:
Black Color: Totally transparent.
Gray Color: semi transparent (depending level of gray)
White Color: Not transparent
4. Save texture as DXT5
4. Interchange the texture using Texture Tool

My purpose was, if possible, try to create an unmasked version of Hayabusa's C1 costume.

1) For doing so first of all I assured myself that the actual datas of Hayabusa' skin were already included inside his C1, thing that actually it's so (and I'm very sure the same is valid for the animations of the face as the mouth's movements, considering that we can already see them in the standard masked version):

Ryu\'s face.png

2) Then I followd the instructions editing the values of my interested object (the low part of the mask aka "WGTface_3") and applying the Vlack color to the alpha channel of that texture.

EDITS.png

3) Sadly the final outcome in game appeared to be a completely transparent portion of the low portion of the face:

Ryu in game.jpg

Also, strangely enough the low portion of the head - and so not only the mask - appear completely transparent from the front including its back (of the head); however if with the camera I look directly to it, the behind of the head appear visible as it should be in my intentions:

Ryu in game 2.jpg

Do you know if what I wanted get is possible and eventually what I still need to do? An help would be appreciated =)

bbb

Hi guys, I tried to use the software shared from the user C3S4RFC for makiing transparent the objects of the game:

My purpose was, if possible, try to create an unmasked version of Hayabusa's C1 costume.

1) For doing so first of all I assured myself that the actual datas of Hayabusa' skin were already included inside his C1, thing that actually it's so (and I'm very sure the same is valid for the animations of the face as the mouth's movements, considering that we can already see them in the standard masked version):

View attachment 13249

2) Then I followd the instructions editing the values of my interested object (the low part of the mask aka "WGTface_3") and applying the Vlack color to the alpha channel of that texture.

View attachment 13247

3) Sadly the final outcome in game appeared to be a completely transparent portion of the low portion of the face:

View attachment 13250

Also, strangely enough the low portion of the head - and so not only the mask - appear completely transparent from the front including its back (of the head); however if with the camera I look directly to it, the behind of the head appear visible as it should be in my intentions:

View attachment 13251

Do you know if what I wanted get is possible and eventually what I still need to do? An help would be appreciated =)

that's normal because of backface culling. you can only see one side of the polygon, so that's why you can see the back of the head, but not the front. to fix the head, you will have to delete the face with the tmc polygon tool, and extract the full face from his legacy costume, and inject it into his c1 with polygon insert tool.

Kronin

Sorry for the silly question but after so much time I forgot how to revert the changes done through ink-reshuffle. What I needed to do for it? If I try to delete/move the files inside the "mods" folder, the datas are not loaded at all (as for example the original hairstyles that I swapeed).

bbb

Sorry for the silly question but after so much time I forgot how to revert the changes done through ink-reshuffle. What I needed to do for it? If I try to delete/move the files inside the "mods" folder, the datas are not loaded at all (as for example the original hairstyles that I swapeed).

open mod.config in notepad and delete the line of text that has the files you don't want anymore

The Enforcer

Soooooo.... I finally started working with lnk_reshuffle. I'm still on 1.02, I noticed that it wasn't confirmed if that version worked or not.

I copied the d8input.dll for 1.02, made a folder called mods, swapped a hair tmc/tmcl and then quit the app. I didn't see any form of mod.config file and nothing changed in game either.

Any steps that I'm missing?

Kronin

Soooooo.... I finally started working with lnk_reshuffle. I'm still on 1.02, I noticed that it wasn't confirmed if that version worked or not.

I copied the d8input.dll for 1.02, made a folder called mods, swapped a hair tmc/tmcl and then quit the app. I didn't see any form of mod.config file and nothing changed in game either.

Any steps that I'm missing?

Try to copy/move the main folder of the game directly under your main directory of the HD (as the "/C:") and so not under program files or similar: in the past I got your same problem and the solution was simply this one.

The Enforcer

Try to copy/move the main folder of the game directly under your main directory of the HD (as the "/C:") and so not under program files or similar: in the past I got your same problem and the solution was simply this one.

That did the trick!! Thanks :D I bet windows was requiring admin access beyond the scene for anything in the Program Files folder. Could have had something to do with my challenges getting the 1.02A working as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD