DOA5LR PC: General Modding Discussion

immi

anybody interested in messing with the sound files? :)
tool is still a bit rough, but it works (mostly :p)
DoA SoundSwap v1
- download,unzip, start via .bat file, select DoA directory, wait a bit while it is loading
- on the left you will see all the sound files, choose one and in the right list you will see all sound samples contained in the file
- then you can extract/swap those individual samples. (only those which are in KOVS format. you will also find another format sometimes,but i don't know how that one works. (yet ..)

i haven't yet figured how the 'loop' parameter works. i assume it is the position where the sample restarts after reaching the end, so it runs continously. at least that's my interpretation of the japanese description(繰り返し位置 ??)
but is that value just a byte offset into the sound data? a value in ms?
how do you seek inside a ogg vorbis file? i really don't know much about audio stuff.

the files in DATA2/* are just the sound for the story cut scenes, so mostly uninteresting (unless you want to turn the terrific story into an audiobook :p)
the music seems to be mainly in: DATA/IZE@G@MB]NF0C20C7Q7]C61S{FD
if anybody wants to go through all the other files, take notes whats in there and post it here - that would be great :)

@The Enforcer
yes, that sounds like you have the right place for the E0 flag. but iirc the size next to the flag is not used if the file is encrypted. there is another table which has the size and the crc value for each encrypted file. you need to change the size there.
i think ...
but let me check again, i haven't look at that a while ...

curios that the game didn't even launch? If i messed something up with that stuff it would usually just crash/get stuck at the character select screen

The Enforcer

yes, that sounds like you have the right place for the E0 flag. but iirc the size next to the flag is not used if the file is encrypted. there is another table which has the size and the crc value for each encrypted file. you need to change the size there.
i think ...

curios that the game didn't even launch? If i messed something up with that stuff it would usually just crash/get stuck at the character select screen

That's what I would expect to happen as well, but something seems different about the PC vs the 360. the exe does still have all the references to the tmc/tmcl containers just as the default.xex did for the xbox. To switch these it required updating the xex and the .lnk file. I'll have to try switching to uncompressed in the mean time.

immi

did you try this with the cracked exe? modifying the original exe won't work, as there it runs some code to check that the exe wasn't modified.

btw what I said was correct
if you are look at the .exe from version 1.02, the table with size,flag starts at @0xc4d268, the table with size,crc starts @0xc3aa50

The Enforcer

Correct, I'm not using the original.

Ok, so I don't recognize anything in the crc address that you mentioned, so I must be changing something else. What should I be looking for? The values I changed where well into the flag section...

bbb

@immi

Thanks for the new tool :) I might give it a try one day swapping out honoka's voice with a different one. don't really like her voice.

LarsMasters

( ( i wish there's another way to modify the in-game battle voice. :) we will see if v2 can import a modified sound soon

Last edited:

john smith

anybody interested in messing with the sound files? :)
tool is still a bit rough, but it works (mostly :p)
DoA SoundSwap v1
- download,unzip, start via .bat file, select DoA directory, wait a bit while it is loading
- on the left you will see all the sound files, choose one and in the right list you will see all sound samples contained in the file
- then you can extract/swap those individual samples. (only those which are in KOVS format. you will also find another format sometimes,but i don't know how that one works. (yet ..)

i haven't yet figured how the 'loop' parameter works. i assume it is the position where the sample restarts after reaching the end, so it runs continously. at least that's my interpretation of the japanese description(繰り返し位置 ??)
but is that value just a byte offset into the sound data? a value in ms?
how do you seek inside a ogg vorbis file? i really don't know much about audio stuff.

the files in DATA2/* are just the sound for the story cut scenes, so mostly uninteresting (unless you want to turn the terrific story into an audiobook :p)
the music seems to be mainly in: DATA/IZE@G@MB]NF0C20C7Q7]C61S{FD
if anybody wants to go through all the other files, take notes whats in there and post it here - that would be great :)

@The Enforcer
i think ...

so where are the grunts and moans stored, I went through the files and it's just the fight intro/outros, tag intro/outros, lose pose speech and system voices, in English and in Japanese

immi

so where are the grunts and moans stored, I went through the files and it's just the fight intro/outros, tag intro/outros, lose pose speech and system voices, in English and in Japanese
no idea, but as I said, there are some additional sound files in there. But i don't know how to extract them

bbb

@LSC

in the hair, the first part of objinfo hade 08 and 02, and in GeoDecl, 2 spaces below the 01 that adds the transparency, the hair has 00 instead of 01. changing those, the skin can now be seen, but the clothes look as if its behind her.

zGWgTwl.jpg

well at least I'm making improvements :D

The Enforcer

@bbb I remember running into this as well a while back. I think both values need to be set to 01 in order to resolve this in the ObjInfo... If you already have the 08 set in the object. I'll have to dig through my notes if that doesn't work for you.

Last edited:

bbb

@bbb I remember running into this as well a while back. I think both values need to be set to 01 in order to resolve this in the ObjInfo... If you already have the 08 set in the object. I'll have to dig through my notes if that doesn't work for you.

both skin and the gown had 01 by default and skin was completely invisible where the gown overlapped.

@immi

will there be an update for lnk_reshuffle to be compatible with 1.02A? I want to use the new dlc costumes, but I don't want to give up lnk_reshuffle.

immi

will there be an update for lnk_reshuffle to be compatible with 1.02A? I want to use the new dlc costumes, but I don't want to give up lnk_reshuffle.
extract the dlc and make one for 1.02? :)
//edit: uh, forgot about the new hair, those won't work with 1.02 unfortunately.

i don't know about 1.02A. Unlike the original version there is no cracked exe easily available. which would make the tool rather useless for most people. i could remove the steam protection myself and distribute the crack together with the tool, but i don't think I can even post that here or on other boards.
I feel that if the barriers(=finding the right tools in some dark places in the web) to start modding are too high, at some point there is really no point in doing it.
I had hoped there would be a way to make this work with the steam-protected exe, but so far I could never really gather the motivation to dig into that.

updating lnk_shuffle itself is easy. Just need to change three numbers in the script i think. I can post those if anybody is interested in pursuing this.

Last edited:

The Enforcer

@bbb there's two values in each object group that need to be 01 I'll have to find my old references this weekend then. Hard to explain without an image or source.

The Enforcer

@bbb Sorry it took me a couple days to get it. I may not have the right group since I don't have 360 stuff on this machine, but the group for the bikini should match this pattern in the ObjInfo. Both items in the same group need the 01, let me know if this helps or not.

KasumiTransparencyExample.jpg

bbb

@bbb Sorry it took me a couple days to get it. I may not have the right group since I don't have 360 stuff on this machine, but the group for the bikini should match this pattern in the ObjInfo. Both items in the same group need the 01, let me know if this helps or not.

View attachment 12122

No worries :) Thanks for the tip, however didn't seem to make a change though :/

The Enforcer

@bbb

Try this instead.

Alpha152TransparencyFix.jpg

The two locations have to deal with layer ordering or flipping of some kind. In most circumstances when I want to add transparency, I usually have both set to 01. In this case since you have a transparent body underneath them, it would seem that have a different configuration works better. There is still a hitch since any mesh in the foreground still looks soft or clear when in front of the body, so the next thing to check would possibly be to lighten/darken the alpha layer in the texture to see if that yields any different results. I've noticed that there is also another value that varies among costumes related to transparency. Kasumi's intimate costume had a different value than some others for her top. I think they value may have affected the intensity or perhaps the color it expected to set to transparent. I'll have to look into that some more.

bbb

@bbb

Try this instead.

View attachment 12303

The two locations have to deal with layer ordering or flipping of some kind. In most circumstances when I want to add transparency, I usually have both set to 01. In this case since you have a transparent body underneath them, it would seem that have a different configuration works better. There is still a hitch since any mesh in the foreground still looks soft or clear when in front of the body, so the next thing to check would possibly be to lighten/darken the alpha layer in the texture to see if that yields any different results. I've noticed that there is also another value that varies among costumes related to transparency. Kasumi's intimate costume had a different value than some others for her top. I think they value may have affected the intensity or perhaps the color it expected to set to transparent. I'll have to look into that some more.

Thanks, I gave it a try and noticed some improvement. the pattern around the edges of the gown now appears in front of the skin, but the gown itself still appears behind the skin.

0RGpTqo.jpg

also when zooming out, the edge of the gown starts to fade away

QmVesfj.png

Kronin

Hi guys, do you know if with the recent tools of sharing object models there is a way to add the bandages on the full right arm of Ein's C4 over his KarateGi C2 and eventually even on the left arm too? I don't know how to use it at all, so I've neither idea of its potentiality.

latest.jpg latest1.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD