PC Modding tutorials

bbb

Thanks for your answer. :D

I didn't understand what you mean (because of my bad English maybe and Translator didn't help in this time), but I want to remove the shadow of some mods because the shadow is bug in these costumes and it disrupts the view, so i set them to 2???

you have to set the specific mesh to 2. if you put everything 2, there will be no shadows in the costume

CherryBlossomsNinja

Do I need to set them to 2 in all "object name"?

OTHER QUESTION: Everytime I click in "confirm" after swap or import file in lnk_reshuffle nothing happen. I'm newbie about this program, so what did I err?

Last edited:

bbb

Do I need to set them to 2 in all "object name"?

OTHER QUESTION: Everytime I click in "confirm" after swap or import file in lnk_reshuffle nothing happen. I'm newbie about this program, so what did I err?

only for the specific mesh

did you copy the dll file in lnk shuffle to the game folder?

CherryBlossomsNinja

only for the specific mesh

did you copy the dll file in lnk shuffle to the game folder?
I put now, but after I click in "assign hair" to add the hair finally what do I do? I close the program? I did it, but it doesn't work. :(
I want to add Leifang's panda ribbon in some costumes, mas it's no use. When I try confirm the swap in "swap", the little window doesn't disappear too.

bbb

I put now, but after I click in "assign hair" to add the hair finally what do I do? I close the program? I did it, but it doesn't work. :(
I want to add Leifang's panda ribbon in some costumes, mas it's no use. When I try confirm the swap in "swap", the little window doesn't disappear too.
are you assigning it to a default costume or a dlc costume? assigning hair to dlc costumes can only be done with dlc tool. lnk reshuffle only allows assigning hair to default costumes.

immi

just a few ideas

is your DOA installed into C:\Program Files by any chance ? Since normal users don't have write acces there, this will lead to problems ...

check lnk_reshuffle.log in the lnk_reshuffle folder for any errors.

CherryBlossomsNinja

just a few ideas

is your DOA installed into C:\Program Files by any chance ? Since normal users don't have write acces there, this will lead to problems ...

check lnk_reshuffle.log in the lnk_reshuffle folder for any errors.
I changed permissions of the folder in C unity, but it's no use too. I must to give up.

After I changed these permissions, I tried again to add panda ribbon in Leifang's default costume. After this, I opened the lnk_reshuffle.log e its last words are:

updating mod.config ...
updating mod.config ...
updating mod.config ...

Even so, the panda ribbon wasn't added in the game. ú_ù

immi

I changed permissions of the folder in C unity, but it's no use too. I must to give up.

After I changed these permissions, I tried again to add panda ribbon in Leifang's default costume. After this, I opened the lnk_reshuffle.log e its last words are:

updating mod.config ...
updating mod.config ...
updating mod.config ...
so it seems permissions are not the problem
hmm, weird. Don't know why else the "swap" window wouldn't disappear after clicking on confirm

just to be sure there are are no misunderstandings, i'll just quote this again

howto add a hair
-go to the character that should get the hair, change to the DLC slots tab, click the + next to HairSlots, then right click on the new entry and select import
like this
xEIShSp.jpg

- in the import dialog click on the first 'pick' button and select the the TMC file of the hair (the TMCL file name should be filled in automatically)

- i recommend renaming the file to something more memorable, if the files comes as something like HAIR_001.
rg9SYZK.jpg

- then either
a) - right click on the new entry and select "add to costumes" which will add the hair to all the characters costume (if possible)
0uyrG79.jpg

b) - go back to the Costume tab and add the hair manually to individual costumes by adding a new hair style (click + button), then right click on the new hair entry and 'select assign' hair and choose the new hair from the list
3LVyEyC.jpg
mmj0is3.jpg

CherryBlossomsNinja

so it seems permissions are not the problem
hmm, weird. Don't know why else the "swap" window wouldn't disappear after clicking on confirm

just to be sure there are are no misunderstandings, i'll just quote this again

howto add a hair
-go to the character that should get the hair, change to the DLC slots tab, click the + next to HairSlots, then right click on the new entry and select import
like this
xEIShSp.jpg

- in the import dialog click on the first 'pick' button and select the the TMC file of the hair (the TMCL file name should be filled in automatically)

- i recommend renaming the file to something more memorable, if the files comes as something like HAIR_001.
rg9SYZK.jpg

- then either
a) - right click on the new entry and select "add to costumes" which will add the hair to all the characters costume (if possible)
0uyrG79.jpg

b) - go back to the Costume tab and add the hair manually to individual costumes by adding a new hair style (click + button), then right click on the new hair entry and 'select assign' hair and choose the new hair from the list
3LVyEyC.jpg
mmj0is3.jpg
I tried to add panda ribbon in some default costumes after while I read this tutorial.

After I changed the permissions the little windows disappeared when I clicked "confirm" in this time, but becase of some why the game didn't recognize my configurations in the lnk_reshuffle.

I have an idea. Can you give me your lnk_reshuffle.log? I change the words and the folder address. I just to know why what there's in the lnk_reshuffle.log after I add panda ribbon of Leifang in some costumes.

Can you add this ribbon in red and white bikini (C18), cheerleader (C20) and tennis player (C25) costumes and the ponytails and braid of Kasumi in Warriors Orochi costume, please? Then you give me your lnk_reshuffle.log. I just see this option.

EDIT:
Forget all. I have solved the problem, but I have other one. D: Lnk_reshuffle and Autolink have a namesake archive (DInput8.dll) which must to be in the game folder to the options work, but nobody can have more of one file with the same name each other. What do I do for I keeping using the two softwares without remove a DInput8.dll from the game folder?

EDIT 2:
Forget all again. HAHAHAH. I have solved all the problems. Thanks for your attention, pal.

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Is it possible to swap models?

Example:

Hayabusa's black falcon outfit - completely replace that model from a different model ripped from another game? If yes, is there a tutorial for that?

Thanks

bbb

Is it possible to swap models?

Example:

Hayabusa's black falcon outfit - completely replace that model from a different model ripped from another game? If yes, is there a tutorial for that?

Thanks

yes its possible. you will require blender 2.75A to do so and you will also need these plugins for blender.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod
you will need to import an an existing doa tmc and an obj of the ripped model. you will then have to adjust the model to the right proportions and do a weight transfer. here is a little explanation on weight transfer

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-community-mod-resources.5565/page-46

then you need to export the custom mesh as tmcmesh, and swap it into the tmc you used to transfer weights from using the tmc polygon insert tool from the same link as the blender tools.

Converting body TMC into hair TMC guide

First, you can simply put the body TMC file into hair TMC slot to make it work.
But there are 3 main issues.
- infinite loading problem
- Relocating hair object
- Hair collision

Loading problem can be fixed by reducing file size. I don't know the exact limit, but just try to delete or replace some non hair textures.
And the hair objects will not be placed in a right place if you just use them without any modification.
And for the collision problem, one thing you should know about the hair collision is, it was working fine from the first time, and it's hard to be broken.
So the hair collision problem looks like happening when you moved only visible hair objects.
But it's actually problem of mismatched location between visible object and inner bone.

https://mega.nz/#F!j0U1BS4J!69EXZhuRi5B_YQhHBymvJQ

First, you need a converted hair object to do this easily.
I'll use 'MarieHat.HAIR.TMC' file here.
You can use this for any kind of characters for converting.

1.jpg

I'm going to convert this costume into hair TMC
It's "MARIE_DLCU_029.TMC".
First I'm going to delete every non hair objects.

2.jpg

I used TMC Object Tool for deleting.

3.jpg

Things aren't deleted enough, so I cleaned it up with using TMC Polygon Tool.
I wrote a tutorial for deleting vertices in an easy way.
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/59983-doa5lr-body-mesh-editing-tips/
You can check it here.

And now it's time to relocate bones and hair objects into right position.

4.jpg

Using TMC Bone Tool like this, you can adjust bone location into right position.
I loaded MARIE_DLCU_029.TMC (I was editing) on first slot, and MarieHat.HAIR.TMC(ready-made) on second slot.
Care for the underlined elements. You will not going to need all collision settings except for 'WGT_hair'.

Click Save.

5.jpg

The previous process will usually move main hair object into right position with inner bones.
But some miscellaneous objects may stay in their position like this. so they need to be fixed.

6.jpg

There is a way to calculate exact distance to move them, but I'll skip that part.
Anyway, I moved them and exported them all as .OBJ file.

7.jpg

You don't need to do it in this way, but I think this is easiest way to do.
I just opened TMC and OBJ file. and clicked 'APPLY'.
And the moved location has been applied to TMC file.

https://mega.nz/#F!C08QiTTa!uzYUg-QMXfPRVBDgw7b56g
You can download this tool from here in 'Harry Palmer Tools.7z'
(But sometimes this tool doesn't work if you 'delete object slots' or 'change vGroup settings' in TMC Object Tool.
Remember I deleted only vertices, not the slots on Step 2.)
I made this tool for posing characters, but it's good for simply moving objects. (supports moving vertex, too) Just don't check 'fix' when you doing it.

8.jpg

And it's done.
If there's some weird shadow problem, try to delete unused object 'slots' in TMC Object Tool.
ss.jpg

Last edited:

CeLioCiBR

Hey guys, sorry about the noob question but.. why there's no video tutorial on how to mod in doa 5? unfortunately my language is brazilian and.. well.... my english is very bad so i have difficulty in learn how to do x or y...
i know how to swap things in lnk reshuffle and add Dlc with DLC Tool but... that's it.. (my QI is very low so.... :( )
maybe most of you guys have learned all that stuff with just a few english words but i can't do that..
So i am asking for anyone to make some tutorials in videos for a more easy undertand... or something like that?
like The basics and later a more advanced..
sorry again for all the trouble but.. i want to make mods too... ^^

lovislikefire

Hello.
Would someone please make a hair recolor tutorial?
How to extract the textures and what files need to be recolored and can one recolor black hair to a light color?
Extracting files for one single character failed with uMod for me.

Thanks.

bbb

Hello.
Would someone please make a hair recolor tutorial?
How to extract the textures and what files need to be recolored and can one recolor black hair to a light color?
Extracting files for one single character failed with uMod for me.

Thanks.

never use uMod

@Sensaiga made a hair tutorial

There's a lot of tricks in hair re-texturing, Im not a pro, I just try to do my best. Here's a simple tutorial on how I do it.

Tutorial 1: Painting

Lets take Momiji's hair for example. We'll color it red without loosing its texture and gloss.

1. Using the Texture Tool, extract all the hair textures needed (the actual hair textures containing the color, black in this case), ignore the others. We only need two in Momiji's case.
qrgCwmM.png

2. Open the extracted dds files in photoshop (needs dds plugin if you dont have it yet, I used NVDIA dds plugin) and select the Brush tool and set the Mode to Color, pick a color then paint the hair.
C2uhMNC.png

And that's it, you're done!

Im just kidding. Although it looks good now it's not its best yet and we dont want that, do we?

3. Change Mode to Overlay and set Opacity to 50% or lower, depending on the color you are using, results will vary (you are welcome to experiment on this) and paint until you get your desired color. In this case I brushed it three times (changes are not too visible in this color but it will pay off when you see it in-game).
R7SPxbB.png

4. Save the dds file as DXT5 ARBG 8bpp interpolated alpha. (Check the type in Texture Tool, some(few in fact) have DXT1 hair texture, if so then save it as DXT1 instead of DXT5)
Ihecnqp.png

5. Swap the corresponding texture with Texture Tool
Y6eeMQh.png

6. Do steps 2-5 on the other textures as well (Momiji has only one more so it's easy, others will have more texture files, you just need to be patient)
Additional note: Some characters have textures for wet hair. Notice that some textures have duplicates but one is a little bit darker than the other, those are the ones for wet texture. Just do the steps above and darken it a little as final touch.

Use lnk_reshuffle to swap/add the new hair.
You can use Noesis to get a preview but it wont show you the full effect. Let's see how it looks in-game
H8rNNcX.png

iWlxxEj.png

Other tips:
* If you dont want hair to be glossy just paint it in Normal mode LOL.
* If you want to copy the hair color of another character, just get the hair texture of that character and paste it on your target character's hair textures. This will give the effect of having the exact color of the character's hair but with more lines/strands in the hair texture. Note that you will not always get a clean result with this method so you might still need to apply the steps above, or use the stamp tool to modify it.
* If you want to put highlights on the hair or have different colors, it's best to have Noesis so you can view if you are coloring the right parts of the hair that you wanted.
* This method is also applicable to costumes.

And that's it. Have fun!

Tutorial 2: Matching Colors

There could be instances that a certain hair texture wont be painted so easily even if you follow Tutorial 1. This is particularly true to very light colored hairs (especially white) and trying to paint them with very dark colors. This part may allow you to get almost if not exactly the color you are trying to copy from another hair.

Let's take Christie's hair from Black Cat mod for example and turn it from white into dark red using another hair texture(I used this on my Alpha mod):

1. Using the Texture Tool, extract all the hair textures needed (Refer to Tutorial 1 Step 1)

2. Open the extracted dds files of the hair you want to change in photoshop
fwzVRlH.png

On the right, you can see that painting it will not give you the results easily and will give you a difficult time getting your target hair color.

3. Open your target hair file that you want to copy the color from.
wQxgoHq.png

4.Choose the crop tool and crop only the part that you want, specifically the part you want to match the color with. You only need a small part for this, click check and the image will be cropped. WARNING!: DO NOT SAVE ANY CHANGES on this target file if you're still gonna use it.
pFINPu2.png

5. Go back to the hair file to be modded. Go to Image>Adjustments>Match Color. Set Color Intensity to 1. This is important because with matching colors, some will result in color streaks/glitches if you dont decrease the intensity. 1 is always clean. Then, select the target hair file on Source and click ok.
pYKpMqN.png

Color matching isnt always perfect but it will give you the closest desired color. If you didnt get your desired color right after Step 5, just make a few adjustments, there's a lot of things you can experiment on.
p4OND0b.png

6. Save the dds file as DXT5 ARBG 8bpp interpolated alpha. (Check the type in Texture Tool, some(few in fact) have DXT1 hair texture, if so then save it as DXT1 instead of DXT5) then swap the corresponding texture with Texture Tool

Use lnk_reshuffle to swap/add the new hair.
This is the result from the steps above:
FMWwlvs.png

Reactions: Vex

lovislikefire

Thanks a lot for this tutorial. I'll be using it from now on.
One thing is left out though.
The tutorial says to extract the hair textures with Texture Tool.
That is only possible if you already have hair in tmc files.
Most tmc's are body only.
To get the hair and other textures from the characters in the game you need some other tool.
Both Lnk Reshuffle and uMod can do it for you.
Lnk Reshuffle is better since you can identify the hair tmc or face or costume you want to extract.
uMod extracts a LOT of files that you have no use for.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD