DOA5LR PC Specs - No New Stages

So yeah... if you want the Steam version of Last Round you've probably already heard about the specs, and you've probably also heard that the new stages Crimson and Danger Zone as well as the soft engine will be missing from the game. We're going to document this information on the front page because it is certainly important news for anyone interested in this PC port.

There is also a rumor floating around that the game will be delayed on PC again. That's not good... more information will arrive to us from Team NINJA next week.

Thanks to community member @Jyakotu for reporting the following PC Specs:

Minimum:

CPU: Core i7 870 or more
Memory: 2GB or more
Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
Display: The display capable of displaying at 1280 × 720 pixels
Video Card: VRAM1GB more, more DirecX9.0c
Sound board: Sound board that supports more than DirectX 9.0c

Recommended:

CPU: Core i7 2600 or more
Memory: More than 4GB
Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
Display: 1920 × 1080 pixels or more, True Color viewable display
Video Card: VRAM1.5GB more, more DirecX9.0c
Sound board: Sound board that supports more than DirectX 9.0c

Source

Anyway i'm pretty sick of that butthurt storm at Steam forums. "You must cancel pre-order, take a screenshot of refund and tweet it to TN" etc. They even demand pull off game from store. C'mon, guys, don't go so crazy with ur "we are THE PC GAMERS AND SHOULDNOT BE TREATED LIKE SCUM!!!1111" hysteria.

Team Ninja used the trailers with the new stages to advertise the game on Steam. They deserve all the hate they get right now. Especially if you keep in mind that the actively tried to get people to pre-order the game without giving any details about it. I mean, of course people are stupid for doing it in the first place, but what Team Ninja did is still false advertising.

Anyway i'm pretty sick of that butthurt storm at Steam forums. "You must cancel pre-order, take a screenshot of refund and tweet it to TN" etc. They even demand pull off game from store. C'mon, guys, don't go so crazy with ur "we are THE PC GAMERS AND SHOULDNOT BE TREATED LIKE SCUM!!!1111" hysteria.

They have every right to express their displeasure by treating the PC community like second class consumers. We paid the equivalent of the next-gen prices and expect to be given those features. I know it's taken overboard but at least explain your reasoning behind it. I'm hoping the complaints reach out to Koei and will patch sometime post-release

There's no such thing as 'PC bound.' Even the cheapest true gaming machine is near double the price of a PS4 or a bone. If you afford the former, you can definitely afford one of the latter.

Just buy a damn console and be done with it. PC gaming is dead, anyway, outside of indie rubbish and kickstarter. Every major AAA game on PC in the last year or so has been a half-arsed, broken mess. Two patches into DA:I and I couldn't even run the game anymore.
What do you think how much a gaming PC costs? You can get a decent one for 500EUR, or less if you recycle parts from an old maschine. I build mine for ~800 EUR 3 and a half years ago and have no money right now to 'just buy a console'. Plus a PC allows me to work and do various other stuff.

Team Ninja just fucked up bad on this release with everything they did. They should just write a book on "How to release for PC - the Team Ninja anti pattern", they'd probably earn more money with that than with their DoA port. I'll still be getting it since I love the DoA series and this is the only possibility for PC, but they deserve all the hate that they get for their botched release.

Sigh, So you know what, I have read through this entire post and I see alot of you talking about disappointment, and being furious and upset, talking about not supporting the game and swearing that you won't buy the game . . . .

But then EVERY one of you will buy the game anyway. TN and TK, just like every other publisher that sells crap to you, will say they are sorry, and apologize all day, but internally they will be saying "We got paid, let's go to VEGAS" (not really). But seriously they will be rewarded for releasing a late crappy game.

What burns me is that we keep letting them do it.

There - the dead horse has been beaten.

Speak for yourself, where i was considering buying it once i could afford a new computer (i'm working on a backup since the good one fried), i'm not considering it. Why buy it if it's what i already have on the PS3? Whats changing? Why buy the game again, when i'm having a hard time keeping interest thanks to the nerfing they're doing to everything? This game isn't fulfilling my needs, anymore (now i have a hole where i have a need, but nothing to fill it). I'm just coming here at this point to see if anything changes so that it can once again fulfill that need.

Well, they're promised a product, then the product looses features, but the price doesn't drop. If it wasn't for a "pre-release: some features are subject to change"-like clause, this would be considered illegal. In fact, i didn't look, since i didn't pre-order, so such a clause might not exist. At the very least, this is shoddy business. But we learned from Bethesda that they'll probably get away with it.

You know it speaks volumes when DOA5LR was once on Steam's Top Sellers and since the announcement of the features and system requirements, it fell off the face of the Earth.

Hope Koei Tecmo responds to this because they managed to waste money on development costs for the PC version. Wonder why they aren't willing to yet.

You know it speaks volumes when DOA5LR was once on Steam's Top Sellers and since the announcement of the features and system requirements, it fell off the face of the Earth.

Hope Koei Tecmo responds to this because they managed to waste money on development costs for the PC version. Wonder why they aren't willing to yet.

Because, it's alot easier to just pretend it never happened. Let's face it, there's no excuse. We can sit here and argue how it is or isn't important, but we all know that they know that they can't do like they did with the PS3. If they even try that argument, they run a few risks of severe backlash. On the other hand, i about half expect they're trying to avoid backlash over the ps3 version using this. If those stages came out on the PC version and people monitoring wait-state time (what windows users see as CPU percentages inverted), especially if someone has a way of monitoring GPU wait states (and i'm sure someone does), and it turns out they're not heavier than the stage with all the construction, even if the PS3 couldn't handle them, that kind of news would create backlash outside of the DoA community for clearly being dishonest. People would view purchases of other games by TK and TN as unsafe, especially given that DLC transfers are an issue. Why buy a game that's going to get a reiteration that's going to get more support, and you have to rebuy the DLC?

That's all just assuming that the stages actually aren't that intensive.

Oh, and i realized earlier that the PS3 and probably the PS4 does have a loophole that leads to piracy (3 systems per purchase). Moreover, alot of the systems are "hacked" at this point. The push to ps4/xbone probably has to do with that. Notice that the systems that got the stages are the ones that haven't been "broken" yet.

Call me egoistic, i just dont support that psychopaths trying to make Koei just remove it completely. I preordered it to play, of course i'm sad we dont get 2 stages and updated particles, but it's still like a dream that finally comes true (for some reasons i cant go and buy consoles with doa right now so currently its my only way) and then i see all that morons speaking "guys, better purchase MK X or DragonballZ". I dont f---king need ur mk or dragonwhat, screw ur anarchy attitude...

If you think 500EUR buys you a decent PC, your expectations are probably stuck somewhere in 2009/10.
I've checked a few configs, and you're right 500 EUR is a bit too little, but for 600 EUR you get a PC that is able to play new releases (while not on highest details it's not like you have to go ultra low either).

For DoA it should be able to play it all on Max settings, even with anti-aliasing. This game is just not that great when it comes to graphics. And I don't even see what the price of a modern PC has to do with the fact that TN just fucked up, period. A PC can do so much more than gaming. Not everyone needs or wants a console that he has to replace every few years with a new version. A PC is easier to upgrade and even if you don't touch it, you still can play games on it, albeit on lower settings. The statement "Just buy a console, if you had enough money to get a gaming PC you can afford a console" is just not true for everyone.

I've checked a few configs, and you're right 500 EUR is a bit too little, but for 600 EUR you get a PC that is able to play new releases (while not on highest details it's not like you have to go ultra low either).
If you can't play in Ultra at a min 1440p downsampled, you're wasting your time playing on a PC, unless you absolutely must have mouse & keyboard controls or mod support. Anything less and you could've been spent the money on a solid state drive for a PS4 and a tonne more games, and gained a lot more benefit from doing so. Almost no cheating on consoles, outside lag-switches. Infinitely more players in almost every genre. Longer term competition viable populations. Enough said, really. And keep in mind, this is coming from a PC gaming-biased player who's been gaming on one as a primary device since 1995-6.

Mizuki5.png

Oh, and 21:9. I play soooo many games in 21:9 on PC now, it's scary. Sony and Microsoft need to hurry the fuck up and support it on their consoles - it's amazing.

If you can't play in Ultra at a min 1440p downsampled, you're wasting your time playing on a PC, unless you absolutely must have mouse & keyboard controls or mod support. Anything less and you could've been spent the money on a solid state drive for a PS4 and a tonne more games, and gained a lot more benefit from doing so.
That might be true for you, but that's not the case for everyone. I wouldn't ever want to play certain types of games on consoles even if it's possible like FPS or RTS games. But even if you take those out (as u mentioned controls as one factor to stay on PC) there are a ton of games you can't get for consoles, from casual stuff to games like Hearth Stone, LoL, Counter Strike, Insurgency, Civilization etc. For me for example there are very few console titles I'd love to play (DoA being one of them), but a whole lot of PC stuff I wouldn't wanna miss. PC is definitely the right choice for some gamers, even if they don't have their graphics on maximum.

Almost no cheating on consoles, outside lag-switches. Infinitely more players in almost every genre. Longer term competition viable populations. Enough said, really. And keep in mind, this is coming from a PC gaming-biased player who's been gaming on one as a primary device since 1995-6.
Outside of cheating, this is not true. RTS, FPS and MOBAs are three HUGE genres where PC is just the better choice imho. You can add Point+Click adventures and Indie stuff to it, and all that is left for consoles are big AAA titles where you might have an advantage.

Once again though, all of this has literally nothing to do with Team Ninja fucking up their PC release. They could've done better but they didn't. Console vs PC is a choice thing, and if they want to support PC they should at least do it right.

Outside of cheating, this is not true. RTS, FPS and MOBAs are three HUGE genres where PC is just the better choice imho. You can add Point+Click adventures and Indie stuff to it, and all that is left for consoles are big AAA titles where you might have an advantage.
Expect big news this summer that may change your mind, re: MOBAs and RTS :p

In response to this message of a fan ( https://www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame/posts/662986847138737 ), the Facebook user Vlad H Nyarlathotep made what is in my opinion a very good post, a critique to the recent PC matter in a smart and reasonable way, this contrarily to other posts on social networks and on Steam that I read (I realize the rage but it's always necessary to use the right form for expressing a message, not only for courtesy but even in the interest of getting the right attention from the interlocutor).

I report here what her wrote and. if someone of you feel to agree with, I invite you at least to like its post:

"NO.

The problem with the release on PC, in my opinion, is much bigger than two stages less and a graphical improvement. It's about how the customer is being treated. The releases of Tecmo Koei have been subpar, on a platform that can do much better. The business practices of not doing something when notified about problems like the DLC data files not being available while the unlocks are is another. Then the rushed releases of the bug ridden PS4 and XBone versions are another. The lack of communication the PC community has been subjected to, the erroneous (or false) system requirements of the port are yet another bunch.

Those are all things that shouldn't have happened. Why even make a Facebook page for the game when there is no back and forth with them? It defies the very "social network" concept.

YES, DOA5LR is a damn great game, even on the outdated PS3.
YES, the developers have put a whole bunch of MONTHS in making this port.
YES, the thing can and most certainly will be patched sometime down the line.

But also...

YES, the business side of this company is very bad.
YES, as the PC version is comparatively incomplete and there has been no mention of a possible disparity correction.
YES, the sloppyness of the business on the consoles, full of mistakes, going from content not available (for the Nth time, Costume Catalog 14 and others), bugs on launch (the online capabilities of any console will not last forever) and the morgue-like silence towards complaints, again, from the business side, is really damaging for the reputation of this company.

Would I like to see this game on PC? Honestly, yes. Very much so. But I find it absurd that such a good game is being ported in this way when others, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Valkyria Chronicles, which are games that come from PS3 got treated much better.

In all honesty, do I fault the developers? Not exactly. They are employees and they don't choose when to release something. The business side, though... They set the deadlines. Even MGS: Ground Zeroes was released much later than the console versions. It was not rushed. This is. Developing for two platforms, PS4 and XBone must have been difficult enough. Developing for PC, on Steam at the same time must have been overkill. That's probably why the console versions were so bug ridden on release. And that's very likely the reason why the initial delay for the PC version had to occur.

They should push back the releaser of the game furthe and release it only and when they are ready to tackle the platform. Optimize the game properly, eliminate the bugs and fine tune everything. Play it smart. Make a good release.

I have loved the damn series since the days of the Playstation 1. I loved the old Tecmo games from the NES era. Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo World Wrestling and hell yes, I love the classic Ninja Gaiden. I have the Ninja Gaiden games on PS3 and preordered the vanilla DOA5 and have the PSN digital versions of NG3: Razor's Edge and DOA5: Ultimate, updated to Last Round. I'm not just a PC user. I have been a consumer through most of the company's history, so as such, I'm pretty pissed that things have deteriorated this much. As a fan, used to high standards of quality, I'm pretty damn depressed.

If people related to the business side or development side are reading this, fix this. This should be a release that marks a good point in the history of the company, not a bad note. This doesn't just affect PC users. In the last years, the PC market has grown and now console and PC overlaps more than it used to. It's not just the PC community that is getting shafted. The bad rep damage you get extends to the console users as well.

As I've said before, I am at the moment a lost customer. Among many others. Gaining trust from a potential customer is difficult. Losing it is easy. Regaining it is way harder than getting it in the first place. As a console user, my trust was lost. As a PC user, my trust wasn't earned.

603864_1122266164466969_3239737362386270891_n.jpg
"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1122266164466969&set=p.1122266164466969&type=1&permPage=1

Like many other people and myself have been speculating since they announced the PC version, I was guessing it was going to be a port of the arcade version so maybe that's why its missing a ton of next gen features and like someone pointed out on the steam forums, the big hint is no achievements.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD