DOA5LR PC-version information collection

The game has been released!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KeyBindings for the PC version (and warning regarding changes of your steam community ID):
Ls1OkAq.png
Source: Handbook for Steam Vers. of DoA5LR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source (in English language):
Official Team Ninja US site

Steam User FAQ (link)

Release date: 30. March

Netcode/Online Play: a 3 Month delay AFTER the release (the changed release date didn't impact this)

Spec Requirements:
Minimum:
  • Processor:Core i7 870 over (this one should be equivalent to an i5-2500k and I still think it'll very likely work with lower cores. They can't have optimized THAT BAD!)
  • Memory:2 GB RAM
  • Graphics:1280×720 pixel over
  • DirectX:Version 9.0c
  • Network:Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive:10 GB available space
  • Sound Card:DirectX 9.0c over
Recommended:
  • Processor:Core i7 2600 over
  • Memory:4 GB RAM
  • Graphics:1920×1080 pixel over True Color ※4K Compatible
  • DirectX:Version 9.0c
  • Network:Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive:10 GB available space
  • Sound Card:DirectX 9.0c over

Feature List (shortened to the relevant parts):

• Hair Styles: YES
  • Soft Engine: NO
  • Effects: Old Gen
  • Characters: 34
  • Costumes: more than 400 (incl. LR costumes)
  • Achivements: NO
  • Contr. Vibration: NO

Last edited:

d3v

A few guys who may have insider info/connections with TN (that we trust) seem to be hinting that it's based on the PS4/XBone versions.

KwonJigglypuff

I have a newbie question. I'm so lost with technologies. My computer is this one.
My processor is Intel Core i3, does this mean I can't play LR at all?

• MINIMUM for LAST ROUND:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM

A few guys who may have insider info/connections with TN (that we trust) seem to be hinting that it's based on the PS4/XBone versions.
Then I really hope Koei Tecmo also got it wrong regarding the Hairstyle options... In any case, if there's more reliable info, people are welcome to post them in this thread with sources, and I'll update the OP accordingly.
I hope Team Ninja won't take forever with getting some details out.

I have a newbie question. I'm so lost with technologies. My computer is this one.

Well, I don't want to sound too negative but your laptop also has a weak graphics chip (which is what most games are limited by), so it might be possible that you won't be able to play it. I guess you should wait till either more info is out, or until people test it on their maschines before buying it.

Last edited:

synce

Never noticed the hairstyle thing on official site. Well I guess I saved myself $40

d3v

I hate to say this, but anyone on a laptop that only uses Intel HD graphics shouldn't really expect to be able to play this game... or any modern game for that matter.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I hate to say this, but anyone on a laptop that only uses Intel HD graphics shouldn't really expect to be able to play this game... or any modern game for that matter.
Actually the HD4000 line and up runs modern games just fine, albeit not cranked or anything. My Surface Pro runs most games pretty well if I keep it to 720p. USFIV is a stable 60fps with most settings on High.

Whether integrated graphics will run this game adequately is dependent on how much customization is available. When the game drops I'll throw it at my Surface in addition to my main rig to let people know since I know my normal computer will run it fine. No risk on wasted cash there.

d3v

Actually the HD4000 line and up runs modern games just fine, albeit not cranked or anything. My Surface Pro runs most games pretty well if I keep it to 720p. USFIV is a stable 60fps with most settings on High.

Whether integrated graphics will run this game adequately is dependent on how much customization is available. When the game drops I'll throw it at my Surface in addition to my main rig to let people know since I know my normal computer will run it fine. No risk on wasted cash there.
Yeah, but that's an exception to the rule. Intel HD GPUs aren't really meant for gaming after all.

31gma

I wanna believe that the tweet from TecmoEurope is a misunderstanding and that all the exclusive content from next-gen will be ported to the PC as well. If it isn't, that's a darn shame tbh and I hope the modding community will put its best efforts to compensate us with other features. Based on DW8, I expect Koei Tecmo to make this very difficult to mod, but doing so will simply be wasted effort. Hackers always find a way to alter the source code and if they want to pull an EA by sending out ban hammers towards mod users, they'll just further dent their image.

DiasFox

The release date being delayed was expected. Still have no proper info of this port.

I would love playing it on PS4, but I just gave up that direction cause I needed to upgrade my PC.

I wanna believe that the tweet from TecmoEurope is a misunderstanding and that all the exclusive content from next-gen will be ported to the PC as well. If it isn't, that's a darn shame tbh and I hope the modding community will put its best efforts to compensate us with other features. Based on DW8, I expect Koei Tecmo to make this very difficult to mod, but doing so will simply be wasted effort. Hackers always find a way to alter the source code and if they want to pull an EA by sending out ban hammers towards mod users, they'll just further dent their image.
I sincerely hope so too, especially since @d3v hinted that their tweet regarding the port of the game might not be factually correct. So let's hope this is indeed a miscommunication and we'll be pleasantly surprised.

d3v

I sincerely hope so too, especially since @d3v hinted that their tweet regarding the port of the game might not be factually correct. So let's hope this is indeed a miscommunication and we'll be pleasantly surprised.
I'm just basing it from what I've been hearing from @Mr. Wah and others.

31gma

I think the PC version will be based on the PS4/XB1 versions. It wouldn't make sense to make them based on last gen versions, especially since PCs are more than capable of handling the new stages and hairstyles.

I hope so, but they have a precedent with DW8 Xtreme Legends for PC not giving next-gen graphics and online. However, DW8 Empires comes out next month on PC so it should be a good indicator where DOA5LR should be headed.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I hope so, but they have a precedent with DW8 Xtreme Legends for PC not giving next-gen graphics and online. However, DW8 Empires comes out next month on PC so it should be a good indicator where DOA5LR should be headed.
Has nothing to do with this game. Completely different teams. There is no precedent at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD