Petition for a better netcode?

Sotherius

If we could organize a small group we could bother TN's social media accounts, but one person or only a few would achieve only self ban.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If we could organize a small group we could bother TN's social media accounts, but one person or only a few would achieve only self ban.
Yeah let's not do that. I wouldn't be a part of it but it is annoying and considered spamming, plus they won't acknowledge it. There's already fake accounts requesting slutty phase 4 outfits for Kasumi, loose hair for Momiji and Mai, guest characters that are not gonna be added in, and people requesting Irene and no more DLC with the threat of stopping support for the game like TN cares.

Sotherius

Yeah let's not do that. I wouldn't be a part of it but it is annoying and considered spamming, plus they won't acknowledge it.
Ok, i see your reason, but you know what is more annoying than that? Having a game and not being able to play it.

If we can find a possible peaceful solution to make TN improve the game's netcode, i'm all for it.

XxNoriakixX

Hm I think the only ones who could convince Team Dlc are the big ones like Hajin etc since they are the "faces" of the doa scene.. And since they don't need to rely on online stuff they don't need to complain

Sotherius

I'm just tired, i have this game for months now, before on the xbox 360, and now on ps4. And so far i played against 5 or 6 people in my life, and it was terrible. And i'm searching to find any misterious brazilian scene or some hidden latin america group or some stuff, and i can't find anything, i just want to play this game that i think it is mechanically great, with an amazing roster of characters and full of content, but there is only so many times you can finish arcade and time attack before getting bored of a fighting game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hm I think the only ones who could convince Team Dlc are the big ones like Hajin etc since they are the "faces" of the doa scene.. And since they don't need to rely on online stuff they don't need to complain
Their standings as high level players shouldn't give them any advantage XD. They do give good advice to them in terms of balance and stuff, but not even they can't just convince TN to improve the netcode, otherwise it'd be done by now since several high level players in Ultimate played quite often online, not so much anymore since ranks were reset.

Ivan

here the definition for the online of doa:
nothing is true everything is permitted
playing doa online and offline its like playing 2 different game(even with 5bar)
as for me i have absolutely no trust in TN,,even with a petition they will do nothing about the netcode

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
People in the past have tried already to constantly remind them about the game's net. I like surprises but I have huge doubts they will provide improvements to this game via Consoles/PC. Perhaps DOA6 or DOA7 within a console gen that is really powerful.

As for DOA5LR, like I said, I doubt it but I like surprises so who knows.....I still wouldn't get hopes up for it though.

Princeofhalcyon

They haven't even made a way to mute players in lobbies, (unless their is and i haven't found it) yet they claim they know what people want in fighting games options wise because they're fighting game fans. I don't see them listening to fans about anything that could make the game better besides balancing changes from pro players. (which wouldn't surprise me with how many people just wanna complain to developers about trivial personal interests) Likely right in the game getting the marvel vs capcom 3 treatment and just getting a new version for small improvements instead of fixing the existing games issues.

Chapstick

They haven't even made a way to mute players in lobbies, (unless their is and i haven't found it) yet they claim they know what people want in fighting games options wise because they're fighting game fans. I don't see them listening to fans about anything that could make the game better besides balancing changes from pro players. (which wouldn't surprise me with how many people just wanna complain to developers about trivial personal interests) Likely right in the game getting the marvel vs capcom 3 treatment and just getting a new version for small improvements instead of fixing the existing games issues.
Triangle (idk what it is on xbox, Y or something?), block, pick a person

Hazard

Standard Donor
It's been 4 years. If an improved netcode was going to come, it would have by now. Unless they plan to support LR for 2-3 more years, there's no point of revamping the netcode. Besides, bad connections are still going to be bad connections at the end of the day. That can't be helped.

Sotherius

Honestly, hardware-wise, you can build a better netcode with the games on the regular ps4/xbox one.

The only reason they don't improve netplay is because they don't want to put effort or money in it, and that mentality is wrong.

And is even more annoying how improvements of netcode were made in games with bad netcode (MKX and XRD), and there was games with excellent netcode on this gen (Killer Instinct), Yeah, DOA is a 3d fighter, and it is different, but at the same time, is a current gen port of a last gen game, so i'm sure they're not using PS4 or xbone hardware to its full potential.

Again, this is just me wanting to actually play this game, but it seems that i'll have to drop this and hope that DOA 6 will have a good netcode when it releases in 5 years or so.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Honestly, hardware-wise, you can build a better netcode with the games on the regular ps4/xbox one.

Doubtful. You have tons of games with bad online play. DOA5LR isn't the only game here.

The only reason they don't improve netplay is because they don't want to put effort or money in it, and that mentality is wrong.

Very quick to jump the gun here. And how exactly can you know that?

And is even more annoying how improvements of netcode were made in games with bad netcode (MKX and XRD), and there was games with excellent netcode on this gen (Killer Instinct), Yeah, DOA is a 3d fighter, and it is different, but at the same time, is a current gen port of a last gen game, so i'm sure they're not using PS4 or xbone hardware to its full potential.

Probably.

Again, this is just me wanting to actually play this game, but it seems that i'll have to drop this and hope that DOA 6 will have a good netcode when it releases in 5 years or so.

It's not just you, but the real reason for your case is that you are playing the game in area where it isn't popular enough, then you attempt to try and play the game in US lobbies and completely drop the ball that it's unplayable. I mean "you are" trying to connect to "US" lobbies.

The game is not unplayable. It isn't the greatest but it's better than nothing. DOA5 vanilla pre-patch was the worst and even after the patches it became mediocre at best.

Sotherius

So everyone that lives in a place that the game isn't popular should just forget the game exists and go away?

And how exactly can you know that?

I can't see a reason besides "they don't want to do it" here, there is not a single side that would lose if DOA5LR had better netplay in general.

We are in a generation where we can have almost lagless connections between two different continents in fighting games. It is not justifiable for a fighting game to not have a decent netcode at least.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'd sign the petition, but...you know how KT is when it comes to bossing Team Ninja around.

tumblr_motg47hCxo1rsqhq5o1_500.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD