Petition for a better netcode?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well, they lost both Peter and Tani so I don't know who is handling twitter anymore. Right now I imagine it doesn't matter too much.

Tom is highly aware of the community's issues with the netcode and it's something that has been brought up many times. If there is anything they are in a position to do for future releases, it will almost certainly be done. Right now though, this is the reality we live in. It is no small investment to fix the netcode, so don't expect it to be done on a whim.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Well, they lost both Peter and Tani so I don't know who is handling twitter anymore. Right now I imagine it doesn't matter too much.

Tom is highly aware of the community's issues with the netcode and it's something that has been brought up many times. If there is anything they are in a position to do for future releases, it will almost certainly be done. Right now though, this is the reality we live in. It is no small investment to fix the netcode, so don't expect it to be done on a whim.
Wait, what happened to Peter? Did he quit or something?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I have not had a good online match since doa5 came out 4 years ago. Not in my own home, not at my mates. PC was the more serviceable one and even that is not as good as kofxiv.

I feel like the only reason to play is to get the 100 match achievement.

Edit: also it's pointless to ask these guys for a new major patch at this point.

Last edited:

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't see a DOA6 coming any time soon.

Also online in this game still sucks cock. Just need my achievement and I'll never have to touch this shit again.

WAZAAAAA

Personally, as long as I'm playing anyone from EU, the game feels great (PC). Other continents = I don't even attempt to play them in any fighting game, that's just common sense to me.

A while ago Mr. Wah reminded me on Steam forums that this game has two ways to display latency: <#> if wireless, [#] if cabled. I've never met anyone on Steam with "<#>" and I've played it since day 1 online.

What I'm trying to say is... you only have yourselves to blame for the lag, filthy console wifi warriors

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Yea 2 bars on PC feels better than some 5 bars on PS4. We need to start a wireless to ethernet program for some of our people here.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
These cables do nothing and my PC is shit :(

Since I got the platinum achievement in this game, I don't see any other reason to play online any more.

But I do remember when I played the steam version at my mate's house it was actually pretty agreeable in terms of quality.

I guess they were doing something right with the PC version afterall.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
These cables do nothing and my PC is shit :(

Since I got the platinum achievement in this game, I don't see any other reason to play online any more.

But I do remember when I played the steam version at my mate's house it was actually pretty agreeable in terms of quality.

I guess they were doing something right with the PC version afterall.

Better slowdown to compensate for drops in connection quality. There are around 8 frames of input delay on the console version as well. The PC version has less than 1. Can you imagine the difference that makes when you go online?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Better slowdown to compensate for drops in connection quality. There are around 8 frames of input delay on the console version as well. The PC version has less than 1. Can you imagine the difference that makes when you go online?
I haven't played it for the duration to know how it really feels and I didn't manage to play against anyone in EU. But, from what you're describing there, good buddy, that's pretty much the difference between a good game and a shitty one.

I mean, that amount of input loss pretty translates to block punishment being a non-existent factor in a match, so that's not my idea of what this game is supposed to be.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
In this case its something of a sony and microsoft faulting than anything. The consoles are designed with a lot of background processes and that bogs things down. You see this exact problem in Tekken as well as Street Fighter. The most that fighting game devs can do is try to change up the frame data to work well within the existing delay.... but its an emergent problem, and not every studio is fully aware of just how much it affects the gameplay.

With PC versions, input delay is sometimes artificially created to match the console versions, such as in the case of SFxT. DOA 5 did not go this route, so it feels amazing on PC. It should, in all honesty, be the version we use for tournaments. The only issue is hardware acquisition.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD