Petition to bring back LEON as DLC!

Would you like to have Leon and Ein DLC?

• Hell yes!! Bring back the Strongest Man in the World !

Votes: 161 75.9%
  • No, let him die the desert from dehydration..

Votes: 51 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterHavik

Sigh...okay. I'll stop with the Eliot jokes. I threw enough stones for one day. But no Leon in my DOA 5. I already have jets and airplanes in my RE6.

R4712-VR88

There was really no logical reason

Maybe there isn't a logical reason that we know of, but in Team NINJA's point-of-view there is. What that may be we don't know.

However, I want to point something out to everyone in this thread. This isn't the first time for a fighter to cut characters in a sequal. Street Fighter, King Of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat... they're all guilty of it. This isn't DOA's first time either. No Raidou in DOA2. No Tengu in DOA3. What I'm trying to say is, is that Leon and Ein fans are just going to have to look forward to the next game in hopes for their return.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Maybe there isn't a logical reason that we know of, but in Team NINJA's point-of-view there is. What that may be we don't know.

However, I want to point something out to everyone in this thread. This isn't the first time for a fighter to cut characters in a sequal. Street Fighter, King Of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat... they're all guilty of it. This isn't DOA's first time either. No Raidou in DOA2. No Tengu in DOA3. What I'm trying to say is, is that Leon and Ein fans are just going to have to look forward to the next game in hopes for their return.
He has a point everyone.

Kaiser Wiggly

I am 100% in favour of Leon showing his stubbly, often very angry face in DoA5. He, along with Bass, was my absolute favourite in 4 (the DoA I've played most, please don't judge me too harshly). I loved how he had the same military training as Bayman but a totally different agenda. Where as Bayman will break his opponent's arm to make sure they can't use it until they receive medical attention, Leon will break his opponent's arm off to make sure they can never use it again.

Although I was never devastated that he was removed from the game, I'd definitely be happy to see him back. Maybe he can come back once he's wiped his ass.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
well ... shinbori said in an interview that the only reason Ein and Leon didnt make it was time constraints ...

well .... the games out now and they have all the time in the world! so lets see it happen !!! :D

DontForkWitMe

all BS aside, there is a little Leon in all of us. there are simply times where we are angry, depressed, and fed up and just want to tear shit up and hurt someone. Leon is the personification of this feeling. he gives not a single fuck about anything or anyone. he is pain incarnate. the inner pain he deals with at losing the one and only thing he cared about is expressed in the most brutal and vicious ways imaginable. no other DOA character gives this vibe...not bayman, not bass, not mila, not anyone.

hes the only character that talks shit to his opponents pre-fight and post fight calling them pansies, insolent wimps, and even calling them out for shitting their paints after a healthy dose of pain delivered to them. who other than leon in the middle of a fierce fight will grab you by the neck, slam you face down in a pool of water, and continuously dunk you faced first in it attempting to drown you only to punt you right in the skull afterwards...who other than Leon will break your leg in 2 places only to grab you by your ankles and twirl you around like a helpless bitch slamming into any nearby object..who other than leon can tackle you to the floor viciously massacre you with a fury of hard hitting punches and then gaze into your battered bloody beaten face as he continues to crush your skull against his.

Leon isn't a fighter....hes a monster

TakedaZX

Haha I want Leon back for one reason. Had this one punch combo that looked sexy as hell. I want dat shit back, since Bayman gets a uppercut in place of it instead, and for that matter I don't even think the uppercut launches. Leon was solid and deserves a spot in DOA5 as well. Mind you he was also more of an aggressor back in DOA4 and the games before, and Bayman was more do the defensive one. Now I wanna see what happens when Bayman is on par with the aggressive ability(Who knows, maybe he already was).

And going back to the Eliot thing... yea Eliot is still complete ass. His good mixups are terrible on block AND HIT. You like literally gotta be straight forward, hitting with many mid punches and mid kicks, and the only viable low(that will help you keep up the pressure is 2H+K(or 2p if you're looking for a close range interrupter, it puts you at +0 though so careful)

On top of that his full potential is only reached when you acquire the ability to do an Electric Wind God Palm(instant hold 3 p, :6::2::3::P:.

Once you get past that, 46p is a VITAL option to your aggression. Since most of Eliots strings end up linking into 6ppp at some point you'll end up having to deal with the disadvantage of the last p(-12), unless you cut the combo short at the p before the last which will put you at -4...but lets say that you instead replace 6ppp, with 6pp46p. Now you're at -3, and if the person doesn't hold mid punch or tries for a high/low? That's more damage than the regular p would do. The nice thing is you're actually doing work to get it out too. 46p isn't tough but it still ask for you to pay attention so that you don't mash.

Now you're asking... whats the problem with a good move like 46p then? Frame traps the person opponent at -3 and is possibly more damage if it hits AND in combos. It's unresponsive. That's the problem. No matter how you try to do it, by delaying the combo to try it, doing it regular speed, pressing p twice and waiting, then doing 46p before the frames to do it run out, 9 times out of 10(or maybe 7 times out 10), it won't come out, leaving you fucked at -12 and you're probably eating a jab at this point. Now if this is TN's idea of balance with his parries... I almost can understand... but i don't...

AegisOrnus

This should definitely be the priority over bringing Leon and Ein but why should we stay silent about it¿ There was really no logical reason to cut them other than story mode because that "Hitomi and Bayman are the same" crap is a blatant lie.
Not sure about Bayman for Leon (I've never spent enough time with either to get the impression that there are more differences between them aside from style) but Mila's a perfectly fine replacement for Ein. She's got very similar tools and play. As an Ein main, I'm very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD