Point Handicap Broken?

FakeSypha

I KNOW RIGHT? I once lost about 600 points after beating an F rank. WTF.

They must have gotten lazy with the ranking system, or maybe there was a flaw in the code. Idk. It's nice to be an S rank for the first time, but it took way too long to get there. Not that there's anything wrong with a little extra work, but dam...lol.
Ouch, that would suck. I'm kinda glad I am still a D noob. Well, I was. Today I lost more points when winning and got my shit slapped in some more matches so I barely got points. Back to E. I feel more comfy here, so fuck yeah... haha xD

It's not like I care that much about the rakings, tbh. After playing a bit more online I'd say this ranking system hilarious. Shit gets as random as you can get. You win, +100. You win again +0, you win -290, you lose +0, you win +30. No matter what's the rank of the opponent.

Did anyone figured out if there is any sense in this? or is it just that flawed?

I don't remember something like this happening in DOA4.

P.S. I got you added on my 3DS, x Sypher x, but seeing you are an S ranked player I don't know if I want to play with you just to screw your rank after you beat me xD

x Sypher x

Ouch, that would suck. I'm kinda glad I am still a D noob. Well, I was. Today I lost more points when winning and got my shit slapped in some more matches so I barely got points. Back to E. I feel more comfy here, so fuck yeah... haha xD

It's not like I care that much about the rakings, tbh. After playing a bit more online I'd say this ranking system hilarious. Shit gets as random as you can get. You win, +100. You win again +0, you win -290, you lose +0, you win +30. No matter what's the rank of the opponent.

Did anyone figured out if there is any sense in this? or is it just that flawed?

I don't remember something like this happening in DOA4.

P.S. I got you added on my 3DS, x Sypher x, but seeing you are an S ranked player I don't know if I want to play with you just to screw your rank after you beat me xD

Lol it's okay man, I don't really mind at all. I play with almost anyone, especially when I get bored. I don't think my rank would be screwed that bad, I have a lot of points to spare.

BlackWydrA

I don't know about the ranking system...
Mine seems to work a different way from all of yours'.
When I win, I get 150, when i lose i lose 100-150... sometimes.
There have been times, when I've been playing, and all is normal, and then i lose and suddenly my loss jumps to -460
Then I win against a much higher rank... +30
At times like this, i just immediately eject the game card and throw it in some corner. Then i play some mario kart (rank system actually WORKS :eek: )

matsu

i stopped playing doad online because of that crappy system and other reasons.
losing 300 points when you win,winning 10 when you beat a player with higher rank.The average win is 100 though..

The worst was when i lost 1500 points after two lost match in a row.....wtf -3000?
i need to win 30 matchs again? :mad:

FakeSypha

I was playing a lot of DOA4 lately, and totally forgot about DOAD. Kinda know why I let myself forget it, tho.
Is it me or the skill you found is a bit lower than in DOA4? I mean, the mid-hold spamming, Hayabusa's hadouken, and touch screen usage is quite common to see, and I'm not talking about F rank players who just got the game and are new to the series. I'm not claiming I'm better than anyone, since I clearly suck, but you know is like the game itself and the way is mostly played isn't encouraging people to learn how to punish, or doing proper juggling combos, how to just block and specially not spam holds. I don't know.

To be ontopic, DOAD welcomed back with a -600 after a win. Cool, my record was a -490.
I guess I'm back to DOA4... :(

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I still play DOAD. But you'll have to tell me exactly when you'll be playing it in advance so I'll be ready. I move around a lot.

I'll add you here and on DOA4 when I get some time.

FakeSypha

I still play DOAD. But you'll have to tell me exactly when you'll be playing it in advance so I'll be ready. I move around a lot.

Oh, that would be great! I'm currently adding you on both 3DS and 360. I really wanna see how Christie is actually played. I think I'll learn lots of stuff xD

About the time... lemme see. This week I have Tuesday (evening), and Thursday (morning) free. But, please, just tell when you are available, and I'll see if I can fit with your schedule. Anyway, generally I can play on weekends, at evening/night, but sometimes I got a day off work.

Edit: it seems your friend list is full

x Sypher x

Yo Awesmic, I've been waiting a long time for a rematch. I'll be available all day tomorrow more or less, just give me a time. You down? ;)

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I bought at started playing online, and I've come across something similar. People are calling it a glitch or something? At first everything was fine, and I start accumulating points easy and I got up to a B+ when it started and then all of a sudden I started losing 600 points every match no matter what rank I fought. AND, no matter what rank I won, it sill only got 100. So now I'm like an E+ with like a 75% winrate 300 matches haha.

IceMage95

For some reason I don't have that problem with DOAD. I get the usual +100/+150 every win and the -100/-150 every loss but sometimes a +0 for a loss after a long win streak (I have no clue why).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD