Poll of the week

Which of the following characters are you most disappointed in that didn't make the roster for DOA5U

• Raidou

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Genra

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Tengu

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Shiden

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Kasumi Alpha

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Nicole - 458

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Number 13

Spartan because sticky bombs were extremely satisfying to land.

doa_screen003.jpg

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I chose Raidou. Would be interesting to once again fight a character that is a combination of many characters move lists.

Dacthunder

Tengu by far, Nostalgia, own move set, but I would like to see him with a new design and a bit more intimidating. Even though he's dead, there can always be another Tengu like his brother or some friend or whatever. The main three I would liked to have seen from that list was Tengu, Genra, and Raidou. For the most part though, when they teased Donovan in DOAD I was expecting another completely brand new character to be in the mix, I was expecting Donovan to get into the game. But all of that tease was just a waste and NOT important because Donovan still didn't have a big part in the game and it's DOA 5 U now lol. Donovan feels like Inspector Gadget's villain named Dr. Claw lol.

On another Note, I don't see why someone would want Kasumi Alpha, there's technically two Kasumi characters already in the game, and Kasumi Alpha really doesn't add nothing but a red ninja suit. Kasumi could simply have that suit and there you go Kasumi Alpha. Kasumi Alpha should have the least amount of votes on that list.

DR2K

None, really. Tengu would be a completely unique moveset. Genra too, but his zoning game is 2D levels of BS.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Tengu by far, Nostalgia, own move set, but I would like to see him with a new design and a bit more intimidating. Even though he's dead, there can always be another Tengu like his brother or some friend or whatever.

It's gotta be Bankotsubo. No tengu can replace him.

On another Note, I don't see why someone would want Kasumi Alpha, there's technically two Kasumi characters already in the game, and Kasumi Alpha really doesn't add nothing but a red ninja suit. Kasumi could simply have that suit and there you go Kasumi Alpha. Kasumi Alpha should have the least amount of votes on that list.

I completely agree. 2U's approach to a playable Kasumi Alpha was the best approach. It was just Kasumi having the red suit as a costume (as well as a black palette swap).

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I would kill for Tengu..

And Ive always wanted Raidou back since DOA2 didnt have him.. man i was so upset... I mean come on.. That Moustache!!! Only an epic last boss can pull a moustache like that off.

He was like the Gouki of DOA...

Genra can die in a fire.. oh wait.. lol

Kronin

I would kill for Tengu..

And Ive always wanted Raidou back since DOA2 didnt have him.. man i was so upset... I mean come on.. That Moustache!!! Only an epic last boss can pull a moustache like that off.

He was like the Gouki of DOA...

Genra can die in a fire.. oh wait.. lol

I agree with you on everything, less than on Genra XD

My dream is to see again a time a full roster in a DoA game just like happened for DoA Dimensions....

I completely agree. 2U's approach to a playable Kasumi Alpha was the best approach. It was just Kasumi having the red suit as a costume (as well as a black palette swap).

Like I said various times, why to not give to Kasumi the Alpha's outfits with included special intro and ending poses (just like for Lisa when you choose her "La Mariposa" version) but leaving unaltered her moveset? For me this would be a great way to include Kasumi Alpha in DoA5 without adding another character (also if for being precise would be required also her original seeyu Sakura Tange...)

Dacthunder

It's gotta be Bankotsubo. No tengu can replace him.

Bankotsubo is considered dead and IF he's "NOT coming back at all" for the story, the ONLY explanation would be another Tengu...that's if he came back to DOA 6- Any Tengu can replace him that is what I'm saying (well unless they resurrect Bankotsubo for DOA 6 some how or DOATEC made a clone of him). Not saying Bankotsubo shouldn't come back for DOA5U, that's pretty obvious it would have to be him.

Does anyone know why Tengu didn't make it? I could of sworn Shimbori said he would of added Tengu for DOA 5 a long time ago, but they ran out of time. I don't think they ran a Poll either

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Donovan could just.. like.. ask Lisa to brink him back to life, so he could use him as his weapon/pet/bodyguard. But then, the latter would escape from the lab, and Rachel would have to hunt him in DOA6, DOA7, DOA8, etc. BAM!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Why does the story have to play into it? Who cares about that? I don't want Bankotsubo back in the story. I want him back for versus play.

Brute

Standard Donor
Does anyone honestly care about the story?
Resurrect him. Shit, there's more implausible stuff that's considered canon. Why not?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD