DOA5U "Prepare" - Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
You know you're bad with Ayane when you can't use her in lag, since apparently, she's gdlk in lag. :rolleyes:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Been looking into a couple juggles after an Expert Mid Kick Hold, and am looking to implement a couple interesting ones:

44P+K~8KK~BTPP4PP7K for Middleweights (77 dmg)

44P+K~66KK4~4P.K for Lightweights (78 dmg)

The timing for 44P+K is around the amount of charge required for a PL. Relatively straightforward juggles and I like the damage, especially on Hi-counter Hold (115 & 118 dmg respectively + any potential environmental damage), though timing on the Lightweight juggle is noticeably tighter than the Middleweight juggle. Unfortunately neither work on Super Heavyweights, though that's no biggie. Also 44P+K can wall slam so it won't be too effective if used right in-front of a wall.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Those are pretty old, they're in the combo discussion thread and my combo video.

Jab (whiff) > BT6P > 66KK4 > BT4P~K is 108 on hi counter and is universal.

Another one I actually do that I think no one has thought of trying yet is;

Jab (whiff) > BT6P > 66KK4 > BT66 > BTPP4PP7K which is 112 on hi counter. Very consistent once you master the timing from the back turned dash into BTPP4PP7K. Hits everyone except for Super heavyweight.

Another I use is;

Jab (whiff) > BT6P > 66KK4 > Free Cancel to Front turn stance > 6K2K which is 96 on hi counter. Sacrifices a bit of damage, but gets me a hard knockdown for ground game (which gives me control+offense). Only midscreen.

Whenever I'm going to finish my juggles into a wall, I actually do not opt for anything ending in 7K unless it gets me the K.O.

Instead, I finish it as BTPP4PPP if I'm back turned, or PP6PK if I'm front turned. High damage+faster access for ground game = control+offense. Both recover in i29 frames so I get access to the exact same style of okizeme I want to proceed to pressure with.

I find 44P+K to be inconsistent because it's hit property actually changes once your powerblow is active. And "I think" it uses your powerblow if you actually use it that way. Haven't tested that yet.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Yeah, the 44P+K~66KK4~BT4P.K doesn't work as well when the PB is active, though 44P+K~8KK~BTPP4PP7K connects consistently on Lightweights & Middleweights regardless whether the PB is active. P (Whiff) ~BT6P~66KK4~BT4P.K is indeed the strongest juggle on Super Heavyweights.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
So I let my insecurities get the best of me and I tried to distance myself for Ayane. However, I couldn't stay away from my purple haired goddess. Taking all the advice everyone has given me, researching combos, viewing replays and watching top Ayane players, I feel so much more confident in my Ayane now more than ever. I'm using 3H+K more, using 64T more, and my stun launch game has improved dramatically. Still learning to get better at reads so that I can use her 64H and 46H expert holds more in my gameplay. Spinning to win continues, but there is still much for me to learn.

ShinMaruku

I took a break and messed with other ladies but when I went into a pinch I had to call out my babies Ayane or Momiji.
I just need to learn how to space with her again. Last few games i played against fools who know what they were doing I had to space them out and put them in the wall to win. :p

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
My spacing is very basic, but still gets the job done. I'm addicted to using 1P+K and then using BT8P to quickly face forward in neutral position.

ShinMaruku

I do the back flip to try to bait people into running into 4K or use HK HK the 4HK but sometimes I get smacked.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I back flip to get away from wake up kicks or I do 6P into back flip to get behind my opponents so that they'll whiff their wake up kick.

ShinMaruku

I'd kill for the day somebody doesn't do a wake up kick, but I just need to punish is suffienctly. Just like on crazy Danger Zone :3

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
beyond-scared-straight.jpg

KING JAIMY

I have a question regarding the wall version of Ayane's 4T. I realize that my opponent cannot do a wake-up kick and that I'm left at +2 frame advantage but I have no idea what my options are after 4T.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You're at +23 advantage, not +2. Your options are basically whatever you choose out of front turn and back turn stances. Even power blow/cancel is a 50/50 must hold mix up.

KING JAIMY

You're at +23 advantage, not +2. Your options are basically whatever you choose out of front turn and back turn stances. Even power blow/cancel is a 50/50 must hold mix up.
Strange, the fight screen info clearly said +2 to me. Anyway, thanks for your reply. I'll see what I can do in the lab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD