"Prepare!"- Hayabusa Video Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

Thanks for the advice, and yeah I definitely have a few bad habits with him and bad habits in general. I don't play on Xbox online because the lag is bad for me but I do play PS3 online ( however the stick throws me off so I can't Izuna/air grab too well) next time I play my PS3 friend I'll save the replay and upload it so you can see how I play against her Ayane although she's much better than me and gets training from Hajin.

Which makes her great for getting online experiance against good players.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Thanks for the advice, and yeah I definitely have a few bad habits with him and bad habits in general. I don't play on Xbox online because the lag is bad for me but I do play PS3 online ( however the stick throws me off so I can't Izuna/air grab too well) next time I play my PS3 friend I'll save the replay and upload it so you can see how I play against her Ayane although she's much better than me and gets training from Hajin.

Which makes her great for getting online experiance against good players.

You just need practice against people. Things that work with the AI don't usually work against people and vice versa. Playing the AI is bad for competitive play but I don't blame you for playing the game you like in whatever way works. Try playing against some of the UK players if the lag is too bad for you. Generally Live is more stable in my experience and I've played on both. We can continue this conversation elsewhere if you'd like, though. Not really a gameplay discussion thread.

Brute

Standard Donor
Like Cyber said, playing the AI is a totally different game.

What I'm saying is that I also play the AI totally different from how I play against other people. Thus, if I uploaded vs AI vids of my plays, people would still say "You're not a good player; those tactics don't work," (of course they may say that anyway for my PvP vids but that's a separate issue...).

DOA5 really is a game meant to be played with other people. Unlike, say, Ultimate, it's unlocks and single-player game modes are quite limited. To enjoy the game, you really need to play with people. Hopefully, you can get some subscription, passes, w/e :)

Nameless Sama

If you need help with Ryu I can help you. We can play Online on single or tag. :hayabusa:
Upside please correct me If I am wrong. I noticed in your video that you want beat your opponent very quick like a berseker if you have low health. In that case you forgot to chancel some attacks . You are confused like "what should I do"? You missed 2x your expert mid hold izuna if you had low health. You are in panic if you have low health. I am not perfect but these point what I tell you are my perception which I saw in your video.

UpSideDownGRUNT

If you need help with Ryu I can help you. We can play Online on single or tag. :hayabusa:
Upside please correct me If I am wrong. I noticed in your video that you want beat your opponent very quick like a berseker if you have low health. In that case you forgot to chancel some attacks . You are confused like "what should I do"? You missed 2x your expert mid hold izuna if you had low health. You are in panic if you have low health. I am not perfect but these point what I tell you are my perception which I saw in your video.

I know, I missed them because I'm not very good at the holds I was too slow on the input, the Senko-Izuna and Rekko-Izuna are the only holds I can't do... and I do panic this is where I go into panic mash mode and just hope for the best it's just that this time it happened to work in my favour online though... not so much.

Edit: there really should be a thread for gameplay discussion or something many players could learn something with a thread like that.

Nameless Sama

Upside I will upload a Tutorial Video to Ryu you can tell me your ideas and problem and I will add this to my video.

EvilJun

I know, I missed them because I'm not very good at the holds I was too slow on the input, the Senko-Izuna and Rekko-Izuna are the only holds I can't do... and I do panic this is where I go into panic mash mode and just hope for the best it's just that this time it happened to work in my favour online though... not so much.

Something you can go for after senko hold is :6::P+K::4:, :K:, :8::P:, :426::H+P:. Does more damage on normal hit and should be a bit easier to react to.

Jaguar360

After Senko, I sometimes use :4::K:, :K:, :426::T: or :4::K:, :P::P::[p]: when against the wall. ^That combo on the other hand looks like it might do more damage, but I'm not sure.

EvilJun

it does 78 on normal, but the reason I like that one is because its easier to catch with :6::P+K::4:. :4::K: requires some timing if you want the max height. Though, a well timed :4::K: will give you max damage on counter or high counter.:4::K:, :K:, (WR):4::K:, (WR):4::K::K: - 116 damage on high counter

Brute

Standard Donor
Because I do funky junk in matches often, I've gotten quite a few people asking how/what I think during matches and basically what I tell them is that due to holds, set-ups are only reliable if they are guaranteed, otherwise, you should rely more on your intuition and how to be constantly adapting to the opponent. Thus, the highest-damage choice may not be the best, because really it boils down to mind games which even carry over between rounds and matches.

So anyway, I finished adding annotations to a random match I uploaded that explain basically what I'm thinking in the match and why I'm doing what I'm doing. I'm not the best at yomi, but sometimes what I do works, and hopefully that can help some other players (specifically Ryu players) and those better than me can break apart what I did wrong and where.

Nameless Sama

Brute I can give you one tip. Play quietly. Your tactics are good but if you are too hectic the combo after CB doesnt work right ? ;) As I played against you you played very hectic you doesnt know what you did I noticed that. I was so dumb and I didnt dodge your teleport attacks and I coundt counter in our match. The other point I noticed you always often use your :9: :P: thats not good because this move is too slow against quick get up attacks like Ryus roll attack. Its just my sight :D

Nameless

Brute

Standard Donor
Brute I can give you one tip. Play quietly. Your tactics are good but if you are too hectic the combo after CB doesnt work right ? ;)
Yeah. Funny thing is, I could have got some serious damage next to that bouncing danger zone, but I'm all like: "punch strings" 'cause I'm dumb and I move before I think.

As I played against you you played very hectic you doesnt know what you did I noticed that. I was so dumb and I didnt dodge your teleport attacks and I coundt counter in our match.
I try to avoid teleports when possible. I really only use them as a surprise rushdown for whiff baits or on knocked-down opponents. In what situations did I use them out-of-place?

The other point I noticed you always often use your :9: :P: thats not good because this move is too slow against quick get up attacks like Ryus roll attack. Its just my sight :D
I tend to use 9K more than 9P because of the sit-down stun it causes on CH and theoretically crushes lows. Unless you mean 7P, which I do spam to get out of the WU-guess scenario. Usually if you're fast enough you can use the ongyoin parry on reaction from it to counter Ryu's floor headbutt, but if you get buffer trapped or caught in a long-recovery move, it will definitely mess you up.
I'm trying to work 6KP-type strategies against WU kicks into my game more, but my timing on it just sucks. Always get swept out by low attacks I should be crushing. Typically I prefer to bait a shoho if possible, but of course that does bring up the earlier issue. So yeah, I see what you mean.

Nameless Sama

The only thing what me bothers is that the 9K makes a sit stun but its not a guarantee sit stun. I hope we get some more guarantee Sit stuns. On my Matches some ppl could counter while they was in a sit stun with 9k doesnt matter how fast I was.

Brute

Standard Donor
The only thing what me bothers is that the 9K makes a sit stun but its not a guarantee sit stun. I hope we get some more guarantee Sit stuns. On my Matches some ppl could counter while they was in a sit stun with 9k doesnt matter how fast I was.
Yeah. I have some major issues with stun properties, especially regarding slow escaping. I'd like 4H+K to always be at least +20, as well.

Nameless Sama

Yeah his 4H+K is a very useful stun. I hope they make this move faster and more effective like Jahn Lees H + K sit stun kick. In Doa4 is ryu faster than in DOA5. If Ryu get in DOA5U an averted move like Kasumi ( the example I know yet) H + K or PPPK which allows your guarantee combos. His Helicopter Kick and his H+KKP employ me becuase it seems like a averted Move.

Brute

Standard Donor
Cool stuff, though I'm a bit confused as to why Jin kept getting struck with by 236P. You were doing it from neutral, and it's a rather slow move. Hayate doesn't have to worry about being CH by RYu as much, either, since he's faster, so I'd think the move would get beat out every time unless some wicked spacing was involved or it was being used as an anti-sidestep. Instead, it seemed like he didn't rush you down and would sometimes wait for you to make the first move. That seems like a really odd tactic with Hayate v Ryu.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD