"Promise me, you won't tell anyone" Honoka General Discussion

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Not trying be weird but is "Hono" another Japanese term that stands for "flame"?

During her win pose, she states that she is hot (or just ask "why is she so hot"... like how some Asian gravure model would in an attempt to be cute, that is judging by English voice acting).

She's also seen using red colored flames (er... ki?) like Nameless does from KOF2000.

... I might be reading too much into this though.

Voxxolki

I have to admit... when I discovered that the last new character for Last Round was going to be a mixed copy-cat Dural/Seth type character... I was super disappointed. Initially, it felt like a complete cop out, because one of the things I've always loved about DOA is every characters unique flavor in fighting style. Plus I think her design is extremely bland. (doesn't kokoro have an almost identical outfit?)
Maybe it's just because I see so many cute school girls online already, I was craving something completely different. But upon reading these forums and comments on youtube denominational videos, it seems like a lot of people adore her already and will be making good use of her online. So with that said I'm less annoyed by Honoka. Plus the DOA roster IS getting nice and bulky, so a girl really can't complain :)

I'm sure she'll grow on me, even if I don't choose to use her myself.

AsheMann21

Nobody brought up the topic of her voice yet? I'll start. This is one of the occasions where I prefer Japanese over English.

Why?

2279483d4b2s7etlf.gif

Nightpup

IMO What I think they should do is bring back old outfits from various other fighters that never made it into DOA5LR, and use those for Honoka. It'd be interesting to see her copy appearances as well as moves, but I guess everyone would just cry "laziness" at TN if they did that.

Voxxolki

I picture her in super girly-cutesy-stuff with a little contrast coming from her skull accessories.
(those are little skull bobbles in her hair and on her glove, right?)
I mentioned in another thread that I love when the fighters look like... well... FIGHTERS, but little Honoka doesn't really look like a heavy duty combatant imo, so I picture her in outfits like these...

tumblr_md0gdoRAAr1rsijfmo1_500.png
9e1f190c43a76ffc62b34f1284c1287b.jpg
ac38f18e5495e7feeb753f4c4a003438.jpg

FatalxInnocence

I picture her in super girly-cutesy-stuff with a little contrast coming from her skull accessories.
(those are little skull bobbles in her hair and on her glove, right?)
I mentioned in another thread that I love when the fighters look like... well... FIGHTERS, but little Honoka doesn't really look like a heavy duty combatant imo, so I picture her in outfits like these...

View attachment 8572 View attachment 8573 View attachment 8574

Not gonna lie, this seems more Marie Rose to me than Honoka. Considering her current costume line up, I'd assume she will get Hitomi/Kokoro/Lei-Fang type clothing. The casual stuff that is. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw some of Kokoro/Hitomi/Lei-Fang's older costumes at her.

latest

latest

latest

But yeah. Only basing this off her casual costumes outside the school uniform stuff. She's very tank top & jean shorts / skirt type girl from the look of things. With TN however, you never know. They just copy paste the same costume onto like 5 girls so I'm guessing she'll get a cheerleader, a bath towel, police, maid, bunny and some cut and paste christmas costume hahaha... -_-

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Honoka will suddenly get Alpha's B.U.R.S.T., Mila's TD (plus feint follow ups), a LOW hit detection Critical Burst, Akira's Knee, i5 frame jab strings, Leon's air throw, and Rachel's (initial Ultimate) Sexy Stomp.

Dead-or-Alive-5-Last-Round-screen-5.jpg

Saber

I'm only sad Honoka's got no OH, but we haven't seen her frames yet. If she's slow I'll be even sadder and if she's mega unsafe I'll tear up.

And then I'll still buy her anyway, hah.

FatalxInnocence

Her P looks about 10-11 frames. Hard to say from what we've seen. She wont be slower than Nyotengu from the looks of it though. But she's obviously not going to be Ninja speed either.

Keep in mind guys, the build we've seen her command training / combo challenge in, I doubt is final. They could still throw in moves, get rid of moves... and there's obviously some input errors... I mean in the command training there was like 3 versions of 46P. 214P wasn't coming out, her H+K was a different move altogether etc.

If I could give her anything, it would be Mila's feint P+K.... or Marie's BT KKK for a decent BT ender....

Her current BT line up is kinda weird tbh. For instance how would you end a launcher off 4P+K? ( Lei-Fang's 3P+K ) Does Eliot's 4PP keep them in the air to allow you to do something afterwards? So much I need to know! D= so long to wait!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD