PS3 to PSVita Cross Play issues

Chris

I recently bought a PSVita with Dead or Alive 5 Plus. After owning DOA 5 for PS3, the big selling point was the Cross Play feature. I set up everything with my PSVita, including registering it on my PS3 but after doing all of that, I still can't figure out how to use Cross Play.

I've looked everywhere, too! The instruction manual, Team Ninja's site (which only provides troubleshooting, no instructions; http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/plus/us/faq.html), and GameFAQs... the reason why I'm posting here is because this is the most vibrant DOA forum I've seen.

Perhaps there is no detailed documentation of this due to it being so easy... regardless, I need help and this help cannot be found with what is out there right now. Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Unfortunately, it doesn't have true cross-play. You can't join lobby matches and you can't invite PS3 users to a private 1v1, nor can PS3 users invite you to a 1v1. If you search for a ranked match or a simple match you can be matched with PS3 users and PSVita users, but that's it.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I've had luck with just searching for a random amount of rounds in simple match with a friend to fight them but it's a workaround. As Forlorn Penguin mentioned, it's not a truly integrated system.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD