PS3 vs 360 comparison

TheTHCGamer

Im pretty sure he didnt know that which is why he stated i told you the 360 version would be better without anything to back it up. If he knew that already he wouldve stated it and i think fanboy console wars are meant for sites like gamefaqs. On top of that his second post only further confirmed my theory.

Chaos

I have my reasons why i like each console this gen and i also have my reason why i dont like consoles this gen. Either way last gen had better quality games in my opinion and this gen mostly just gave us better graphics for the most part. Dont get me wrong there were some ground breaking games but i definitely enjoyed last gen more than this gen.

Best thing in my opinion this gen was online play was more of a factor.
I don't know if its me but it seems like the last gen games had a longer/better story with more content but now the new games today only last in 4-6 hours. :(

Blazeincarnated

Dont tell me your bringing that fanboy shit here save that for sites like gamefaqs.

Before we found about input delay how did you know the 360 version was better?
Dafuq are you talking about? Fanboy? Its just a fuckin expression dumbass. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

And also because I knew. I added together feedback.

TheTHCGamer

I don't know if its me but it seems like the last gen games had a longer/better story with more content but now the new games today only last in 4-6 hours. :(
Yup one genre that is now dead to me for the most part is RPG's. Its a damn shame if your going to offer a short single player game without a multplayer experience then how the hell can you justify it only taking 10 hrs to beat max. With the exception of most multiplayer games i feel games have taken a step back for the most part this gen.

Dafuq are you talking about? Fanboy? Its just a fuckin expression dumbass. Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

And also because I knew. I added together feedback.
So you previously brought up the frame delay featured in the PS3 version? Lol your the one calling me dumbass and your saying ive got my panties in a bunch okay.

Game Over

I have my reasons why i like each console this gen and i also have my reason why i dont like consoles this gen. Either way last gen had better quality games in my opinion and this gen mostly just gave us better graphics for the most part. Dont get me wrong there were some ground breaking games but i definitely enjoyed last gen more than this gen.

Definite pros/cons with both major consoles (Wii doesn't count), but I don't fault either console for fails of this gen. Fails of this gen come really from the market "trending" toward games that are more low-bar "pick up and play" instant gratification games with high visual flair than past gaming "norms". The casual gaming market is becoming a bit "too" casual with gaming, showing little interest in games calling for moderate-to-significant amounts of thought, strategy, finesse, patience, etc., and flocking to games designed to give them "what they want" with not much investment of time and/or effort.

When the best-selling franchise of a generation is something like Call of Duty, especially considering the state it's in now, it's like Jersey Shore or American Idol being regarded as the "Best TV Show". It's kind of a disgrace to those who desire, and can appreciate, true gems of quality production.

To some degree, I place blame on the failings of the educational system in this country. As the quality of education for the average American pre-teen/teenager goes down (or stagnates at a low-level), this leads to more and more Americans growing up less and less accustomed to "working" for "rewards". They come up wanting more and more rewards in exchange for less and less work. In regards to fighting games, this is likely why games with cheap and flashy comeback mechanics (ex: SSFIVAE) top the pillar of popularity, while games providing layers upon layers of depth and strategy (ex: VF5FS) struggle to find/maintain a significant following outside Japan.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
(if I'm understanding this correctly)

They probably do it with the "intention" of making the game more "online friendly". The idea being that a slight increase in input delay will allow a bit more "give" for handling online lag. The problem, however, is that this has the side effect of making the game less responsive (and thereby less enjoyable) to the portion of the audience looking to play the game at a high competitive level.

No... that's not how it works. It's not increasing the time you have to do a command, that's the input window. They didn't change the window at all, they just delayed the action.

If anything, this would actually add to the lag during online play.

Basically, they added artificial lag on top of unavoidable lag. There is no benefit to this.

Game Over

No... that's not how it works. It's not increasing the time you have to do a command, that's the input window. They didn't change the window at all, they just delayed the action.

If anything, this would actually add to the lag during online play.

That's what I was getting at. Increasing input delay so an input has slightly more time to register before the move executes. More time between input and execution, not more time for input.

I think I've got the idea, but maybe just wording things incorrectly.

ADD: Factor in online lag, and having less time between input and execution would likely lead to more dropped inputs (making online play less playable)... something that TN is probably trying to avoid here.

TheTHCGamer

Definite pros/cons with both major consoles (Wii doesn't count), but I don't fault either console for fails of this gen. Fails of this gen come really from the market "trending" toward games that are more low-bar "pick up and play" instant gratification games with high visual flair than past gaming "norms". The casual gaming market is becoming a bit "too" casual with gaming, showing little interest in games calling for moderate-to-significant amounts of thought, strategy, finesse, patience, etc., and flocking to games designed to give them "what they want" with not much investment of time and/or effort.

When the best-selling franchise of a generation is something like Call of Duty, especially considering the state it's in now, it's like Jersey Shore or American Idol being regarded as the "Best TV Show". It's kind of a disgrace to those who desire, and can appreciate, true gems of quality production.

To some degree, I place blame on the failings of the educational system in this country. As the quality of education for the average American pre-teen/teenager goes down (or stagnates at a low-level), this leads to more and more Americans growing up less and less accustomed to "working" for "rewards". They come up wanting more and more rewards in exchange for less and less work. In regards to fighting games, this is likely why games with cheap and flashy comeback mechanics (ex: SSFIVAE) top the pillar of popularity, while games providing layers upon layers of depth and strategy (ex: VF5FS) struggle to find/maintain a significant following outside Japan.
I agree to an extent and what i also forgot was you also have to take into account how much more games cost to make this gen. I know you didnt want to bring up the Wii however most of the games one the Wii are shovel ware which means a low budget is easier to turn into profit.

I do blame players these days for wanting instant gratification for games this gen however as i mentioned online play is now a huge factor for games these days. COD would have done well regardless and its not just because of casual gamers. People who dont play video games in general play COD because its such a simple game to just pick up and play. Yes i HATE COD but the idea of making games catering to even non gamers is genius.

Yes the education system is partly to blame but so are the parents. There are still kids out there who want to get a good education and take the time to play more challenging games. If you let your kid become content with being mediocre then thats what he or she will become. I also dont consider ultras in SFIV cheap combacks because you still have to land them and offensive players can build up a super meter.

SFIV as a whole however is more casual friendly then say SF3 but fighting games in general are more casual friendly. You also have to remember times have changed im a bit older and i remember playing fighting games in there prime in arcades. So the environment has also changed for these new gamers in they dont ever have to leave home.

It drives me ape shit because when i was younger i was never fucking home lol. Also its a lot easier to get a genre working online like a FPS then it is to get a fighting game that runs heavily on frame rate and timing. Even my favorite FPS are the more competitive ones (HALO) and its a shame that even HALO is trying to implement some of the same aspects from COD because those games are so fucking successful.

Then it drives me nuts when those kids think you just mash buttons to play fighting game or that HALO sucks just because the better player/team almost always win. So there is a few reasons why this gen has been disappointing.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Blah blah, yeah we all knew this as it happens in every PS3 game. It has to hold one part of the cell processor dedicated to the XMB being called immediately upon press. That means it takes 1 frame for it to register if the PS button is being pressed or not.

So yes, the PS3 has 1 frame more delay than the Xbox 360. It's not a problem with Team NINJA or their design, but just the hardware.

NightAntilli

They've added a framerate comparison:

Cutscene

Gameplay

Seems like the X360 is superior here as well. Much less screen tearing during gameplay. During cutscenes the X360 has less tearing too, but, it drops frames here while the PS3 doesn't. At least gameplay is always 60fps for both.

Chaos

Thats it Im going to break DOA5 in half, sell my PS3 & move to PC & Wii U. The DOA players LIED when they
said both versions looked the same. :mad:.........lol...I mean it!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD