Razor's Edge 360/PS3 demo discussion

ShinMaruku

Well as somebody who s-ranked Master Ninja in the demo there are a few pointers. 1 get used to the controls spends few hours in lower difficulty learning what you can do. Also never stand still as said before.

Keep well on the defense. Also master forcing them into Blade on Bone animations where they try to attack you. You can kill 3 of those guys and have some breathing room.

Also izuna/underworld drop that can also spread them out and stay off your ass. Also shuriken canceling you can make your moves safe.

Darrell

Man this is amazing. Screw every gripe people have about this in comparison to previous NGs. This is my favorite NG hands down. Also. Screw sliding around all day. The teleport work amazing and positions you towards the opponent, so you don't have to run around in a damn circle. Works for SOB too.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So, like, how do you Ninja Gaiden? The Razor's Edge demo was the first time I've ever played a Ninja Gaiden game and I can't get anything done for the life of me. A simple crowd of regular enemies decimates me and I have no idea what to do? I want to unlock Kasumi ;___;

Let the enemy make the mistake then punish (Honestly don't know if this works with NG3 as good :p)
Block only the first 1-2 hits and then slide dodge
Use windpath jump to get out of a tight situation (S+X) also the guilt throw is also a viable option( best way to do it is do the windpath jump then press S+X)
Use shurikens to stun enemies and to cancel out of moves
move around a lot
patience!

good thing you started with NG3, cuz oh boy if you played NG1 you would rage quit on the first lvl xd

Chaos

evidently you don't have to go fishing for SOBs to get an S rank,not me btw.
Yeah I was quite surprised that I got a S-rank when I didn't even abused the SOB and I was more surprise that I only need to finish MN on chapter challenge once (both days).
So you are saying me that chapter challeng have just Normal, Hard and Master mode (in the demo version off course)? I was sure to have read that for unlocking Kasumi was necessary to beat the chapter challenge to all the 4 kind of difficulties, but could be that I was wrong.

EDIT:

I know, indeed I'm not interested to play Razor's Edge with that difficulty. I wanted just try to unlock Kasumi, and I was asking to myself if it's needed for it to beat Chapter challenge also in Hero mode (always if this difficulty exist for the chapter challenge included in the demo).
Hero mode is so boring imo. I kept playing hero mode because I wanted to get use to it and see if hero mode need to be unlock like you said. While I was enjoying easy mode for a bit I got bored quickly and end up switching to normal/hard, after that I'll never touch hero mode ever again.

Brute

Standard Donor
So, like, how do you Ninja Gaiden?
Not sure if the way you wrote that was intentional, but I love this question written this way. xD

The Razor's Edge demo was the first time I've ever played a Ninja Gaiden game and I can't get anything done for the life of me. A simple crowd of regular enemies decimates me and I have no idea what to do? I want to unlock Kasumi ;___;
Honestly, the most important thing is understanding the flow of combat. That will change based on the enemies present, but knowing what you're up against and how those enemies react to your movements, attacks and defense is critical. After you get that down, there's actually a lot of wiggle room for improv. and experimentation (at least on the earlier difficulties).
Try different things. For example, sometimes enemies will do stupid shit while you're doing an Izuna, leaving them exposed for Izuna-chaining (after you drop one guy, immediately do XY and you can scoop up another). This doesn't always work, and you have to account for position, timing, and their current frame stance. But, after trying it enough, it will become second-nature. When you land, you'll immediately know whether you can chain another one or if you should take other action without even thinking about it. Same goes for "When can I land a guillotine throw?" and other things.
My personal method for experimenting is by utilizing the head pounce (if you have that unlocked). This will allow you to stun and skirt enemies safely while observing the behavior of the others in the group. It will also let you temporarily immobilize some hyper-aggressive asshat who is determined to prevent you from toying with the other enemies on the battlefield.

TL;DR: Instead of fighting for your life every second, suspend your will to win and become inquisitive. Fuck around with your enemies for a bit like they're lab rats, observing what they do when you do things you haven't done before. Try new combos to discover their independent lurch, speed, stun and guard-break properties (like Jinran XX->XY), and note how/when enemies attack and how that differs when they are in groups (and the group they are in does change their behavior drastically). After that becomes intuitive, re-approach the fight with the intent to win. You'll be amazed the difference it makes.

Hope that helps you some.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
is it me or is izuna drop dangerous to do in MN while in a group in this game

since they removed the insta block I can't izuna while in a group because Ill get hit/grabbed in the recovery almost 80% of the time

Brute

Standard Donor
is it me or is izuna drop dangerous to do in MN while in a group in this game

since they removed the insta block I can't izuna while in a group because Ill get hit/grabbed in the recovery almost 80% of the time
No, it's not you. The recovery/non-iframes after almost every single action you take in this game are ridiculously high. As a general rule of thumb, nothing but SoB & Ninpo is safe.

Chaos

No, it's not you. The recovery/non-iframes after almost every single action you take in this game are ridiculously high. As a general rule of thumb, nothing but SoB & Ninpo is safe.
Thats a another reason why I think NGB is more polish than NG3: RE.

SilverForte

You can do an ol ut after landing an izuna if you have a red charge, ol 360 Y is generally a safe option. The dual katanas are great for this due to the i-frames.

Oh, btw if anyone didn't know, if you do Kasumis throw on a delimbed enemy, press Y afterwards to initiate a SOB, its crazy.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
So far I'm loving the demo but my biggest gripe is the walls,as in you can't use them anymore and the ones you can use seem few and far between.too many times have I jumped head first into a wall with the intention of doing a flying bird flip only to just drop and end up surrounded by enemies.its really freakin annoying -_-

SilverForte

Alright so after playing the demo to death, I have come to one conclusion.

Kasumis Ukifune or however you say it is completely borked. it's the most powerful technique in the game. It makes Kasumi the best char basically unless youre fighting demon enemies, I haven't tested if it works on the imps.

Basically, It allows you to instantly delimb any of the white goons instantly, just press Y after launching them, or you can just air combo them, but the sweet thing is that if used on a delimbed enemy, you get a free SOB chain, without having to dodge a red grab or anything like that, it's completely broken. Ukifune also has i-frames, so you can't be hit out of it. You can also use it to cancel moves, sort of like shuriken cancels.

Kasumi is also the only char who can reliably fight the alchemists without UT spam, her running YY picks them up almost all the time through their shields, and of course Ukifune works on them.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

Kasumis Ukifune or however you say it is completely borked. it's the most powerful technique in the game. It makes Kasumi the best char basically unless youre fighting demon enemies, I haven't tested if it works on the imps.

Basically, It allows you to instantly delimb any of the white goons instantly, just press Y after launching them, or you can just air combo them, but the sweet thing is that if used on a delimbed enemy, you get a free SOB chain, without having to dodge a red grab or anything like that, it's completely broken. Ukifune also has i-frames, so you can't be hit out of it. You can also use it to cancel moves, sort of like shuriken cancels.

Kasumi is also the only char who can reliably fight the alchemists without UT spam, her running YY picks them up almost all the time through their shields, and of course Ukifune works on them.

sounds...borring

Brute

Standard Donor

That's pretty much what I was thinking as soon as I discovered the move. Kasumi's fun and all, but balance-wise she's like a cancerous ulcer. I personally have stuck with Ryu and Ayane as I play this demo to death.

Chaos

I usually slide towards them and press triangle/Y cancel to execute her Izuna drop when I break their shield or when they're caught off guard. If theres one individual cheap bastard left ( thats what I call them) a I basically troll around by having him chasing me until he is close and then slide right next to him and instantly Izuna drop his sorry ass lol. Ha! hilarious moments XD

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I've recently realized why Rachel isn't in this game,its not because they are mostly human and she's a fiend hunter it's because at her current level she's just too dam slow ,that said its not impossible a way to fix what would make her useable:
  • increase attack speed to about Eclipse Scythe levels

• give her longer strings so she doesn't have to do slow start ups as often

• give her a "knock back" ability to get some breathing room

I'm too stubborn to give up on her so I'm gonna keep periodicals bugging TN just to let them know she's wanted.btw this isn't technically off topic as my impression of the demo lead to this idea.

SilverForte

Just came in to point out that Red UT's are much stronger than normal ones, I managed to keep one from the Tac ninja fight and managed to take out a duelist in 1 UT.

DR2K

Kasumi is OP because she's canically the most powerful character in DOA. /nerd theory

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD