"Ready to face your fate?" The Bayman Video Thread

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ver0.75 (Gamescom Build) BAYMAN - COMBO VIDEO

In this combo video I thought of showcasing what a grappler can do for a change. Bayman has a lot moves and strings that lead to untechable knockdowns all guaranteeing ground throws. In addition, he has a good selection of Offensive Holds (Throws with Hold properties.. beating out strikes) that make his offense quite deadly. In addition to sit down stuns, Bayman also has the ability to cause turn around stuns and Limbo stuns all of which guarantee follow ups.

**NOTE: I've been told that some of the untechable situations from air juggles may no longer work in the final build. So some of the ground throws after air juggles may not be guaranteed like in Ver0.75. Bayman changed quite a bit from one build to the next**

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining.

Thank you!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
poor Leon now im sad...thought i was going to get to see Baymans beret instead! but no seriously hope for DLC one day he was an awesome fighter.

back to the combos,does his dunk heel(the one where he raises his foot into the air then slams down) count as a slam to get the guaranteed ground throw?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
poor Leon now im sad...thought i was going to get to see Baymans beret instead! but no seriously hope for DLC one day he was an awesome fighter.

back to the combos,does his dunk heel(the one where he raises his foot into the air then slams down) count as a slam to get the guaranteed ground throw?

In this build it does yes ...
In the final build ? ..... I don't know ... but I seems like it wont be the case :(

KwonJigglypuff

I've been told that some of the untechable situations from air juggles may no longer work in the final build. So some of the ground throws after air juggles may not be guaranteed like in Ver0.75.

But.. whyyy ? That sucks. :oops:

I love the tribute to Leon at the end.

Bayman looked way stronger in the E3 build. Has he been nerfed ? His combo hold at 1;32 doesn't seem to do much damage.

Thanks for the video Emperor. Again.

Stikku

loving_memory.PNG
oh man. i'm gonna cry ;_;

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Any recommendations on Bayman videos out there? I'm going to start learning bayman as my 2nd character.

KidArk

Who's the user behind that video? Those are some impressive combos. Also, the parries, :9::h: and :3::h:; what are some good follow ups to those moves?

I'm not entirely sure who the mastermind is, I guess you can bother him on his channel. If you're. Going to use those combos as your way to play bayman I feel you're going about him wrong . Bayman is fast but he excells at punishes and his force tech game is phenomenal , I feel you'd have to look into those and work the combos in once you have nice frame advantage. After I land a parry usually I go for a stun so 3P into whatever mix up will land my force tech since bayman is at +10 feel free to do whatever you feel will land.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I stopped the video after the first two "combos".

Who uses a setup that is entirely dependent on your opponents refusal to tech multiple times in a row?

No. This is not something to learn from.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I stopped the video after the first two "combos".
Who uses a setup that is entirely dependent on your opponents refusal to tech multiple times in a row?
No. This is not something to learn from.
Well, I noticed that too. I think it's just the, "Hey, look how much damage I did" mentality. That aside, not bad combos. I know you're pretty damn good with him. Wanna make a bayman video to show us the ropes?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
thats Ebabil he made the combo vid on my request and he probably wouldn't have done so if i hadn't.yes im well aware Bayman isnt a combo guy but id thought it be cool to see him dishing out as much damage as possible its just a fun little thing so please dont go bitching the guy out for being nice and humoring me.its not intended for learning never was.that said yes some arent so great,but im pretty sure quite a few of them is about as legit as DOA standards can get.what can hurt in watching the rest of the vid?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Bayman does have combos. These are not them.

And I'm not going to bitch him out, but I'm not going to recommend anyone learn from this either. It just puts people on the wrong track.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
in my nonprofessional opinion id say look for more wall throw opportunities and use them,the wall is Bayman's friend and everyone else worst enemy

This is good advice. Always use the wall if you can. Check out my round 3 comeback in this video (round 3 starts at 1:10). Needless to say it can be done better than that, but you get the idea.

Also, the P+K, 3K, 236P, 3K, 3P+KT combo that you did to Helena at 5:58 does more damage if you instead do P+K, 3K, 236P, 33P, 3K, 2T, 22T. You'll have to work on just-framing the 22T though, so that your opponent can't break it.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
You'll have to work on just-framing the 22T though, so that your opponent can't break it.
I'm pretty good at it offline, but when I transfer to online, the timing is off. More work needed on my part. I'll give that other juggle a try too. Thanks.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
good fights,in my nonprofessional opinion id say look for more wall throw opportunities and use them,the wall is Bayman's friend and everyone else worst enemy
What are good wall splat follow ups on the wall? Obviously 6T, and 66T. But if I'm throwing strikes, whats the best option?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Probably his :236::K: or :1::P::P:. I always think of launches but not good enough with Bayman to know if any are worth using for an aerial wall splat followup to a wall splat.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD