Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Adamleelight

f7d0eae4e1ad9226a701da9542e8656e1410029182_full.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...rys-daughter-moira-burton-and-claire-redfield

Who's hyped?

I'm hoping this will be an awesome game, the idea sounds pretty cool so far haing Clair and Barry Burtons daughter is also a plus

hoping they can still get that fear with the co op. Whoever controls Barrys daughter is going to be the support so I'm really interested in how this plays out.

Also cant wait for RE Remake HD

Bring on Resident evil 2 remake!

Mavis

My God yes!!! This, Silent Hill's, The Evil Within, Until Dawn, RE Remake......it is so good to see horror coming back. Now if only they could give us another Siren game or something kinda like Clock Tower lol. Thank you for the news, this is the first I'd heard of this.

Adamleelight

Yes things are look great for the genre hyped for alot of them. Think I only played the demo of siren and never got the chance to play clock tower xD

Mavis

Clock Tower was sort of based on hiding and evasion, much like Haunting Ground, except you had a murderer with a giant pair of scissors hunting you down. Lol and Siren was really out there! If you ever get the chance too i strongly suggest going back down memory lane and trying out both Forbidden Siren's on PS2. They were amazing, kinda considered as cult classics really. I don't think i can ever unsee the image of being stalked by a giant woman's head with chicken feet smiling at you. :(

1-d6d492d3e6.jpg

On the topic of RE though, would love it if they went back to the old school way of RE, kinda like how the Outbreak games played which i just adored. But regardless of what they may or may not do, i am really looking forward to this.

Adamleelight

Lmao thats a freaky ass head.

outbreak was amazing would love a File 3 but the chances of that atm I dunno.

Dont' think they would really go back to the classic camera, think they might just use it for certain areas or just for an easter egg like in lost in nightmares. on RE5

Argentus

Hopefully this time they'll be smart enough to have it co op so it'll actually be worth getting

That said holy crap Barry's daughter is hot. But. . At the same time she seems too similar to Rebecca and Sherry. Maybe its the pixie cut.

Still waiting on a new outbreak or operation raccoon city though...id buy those over a "main" re game in a heartbeat. Especially outbreak.

Argentus

Eh. Its a bonus but I dunno...been playing through the series so far....none of the classics were as good as Outbreak, and none of the ots shooter res have been as fun as orc.

But hey at least this doesn't interfere with my fan story version of re7, as all characters I'm using seem untouched in this lol.

This game.... I mean resident evil has never been about horror, more about survival. Silent hill is horror. Resident evil was survival. I hope this game focuses on that. But I'm not gonna hold my breath on it.

The first half of Lost in Nightmares, as well as the first chapter (and beginning of last chapter) of Leons re6 campaign were all on the right track. Where its either eerie atmosphere, or you can only run from the dangers, not fight.

But res 456 other than that all sucked. Only played the demo for the first revelations and it looked about the same boring bland shooter too.

Long story short, not getting hopes up for this.

Timasty

I'm very excited for this game! Just recently played Revelations and I pretty much enjoyed it. So yes, I'm very hyped for this game.

Really sweet to hear that it's coop. I love playin' online with friends. Especially through story mode.
Playing as Claire Refield? Sounds great, was never able to play as her before. Love where the story takes place ("[...] will take place on an abandoned island detention facility.").
Fast enemies? Something I was hoping for, 'cause that can seriously creep someone out.

A bit dissapointed to hear that Moira cannot die, something I really "enjoyed" in RE5 since it was a survival horror element imo. Such as Argentus mentioned, Moira does seem to be too similar to Sherry and Rebecca which isn't very interesting. Hoped for a new unique look. A look that has some sort of similarities with his father Barry.

Last but not least, since Claire is more combat focused, I hope she learned the meele move Neck Break from Chris. That would be pretty badass lol.

Last edited:

Mavis

I am wondering whether Barry will actually make an appearance himself this time? Or did he die in the previous ones? I can't remember. I would love to see him back though. Overall i just hope it's scary like the first two, whenever i think of Resident Evil 1 this is the image that always comes to mind lol.

zombie-1.jpg

Last edited:

Argentus

So first one is one sale right now on Xbox. Worth getting if I didn't like re 456 without co op?

Yurlungur

I am wondering whether Barry will actually make an appearance himself this time? Or did he die in the previous ones? I can't remember. I would love to see him back though

Barry is still alive, that's cannon and He's suppose to appear in this game

Yurlungur

Question is whether or not the game will feature RE6's controls or retain the original's controls.

They specifically said they're going the direction of the older control scheme because a lot of people bitched about how it felt too easy especially with quick shots

Argentus

They specifically said they're going the direction of the older control scheme because a lot of people bitched about how it felt too easy especially with quick shots
Oh fuckin hell...

It wasn't easy because we finally had solid controls.... it was easy because enemies dropped like flies before the massive arsenal of weapons and instant kill invincible melee grapples.

Please don't go back to only being able to move one joint at a time like in re5 and Re4...

Even frikkin Outbreak managed to have non tank controls where you could move AND shoot..

I'm getting the increasingly less vague feeling that this game is gonna suck...or at least not be worth buying

Yurlungur

Please don't go back to only being able to move one joint at a time like in re5 and Re4...

Even frikkin Outbreak managed to have non tank controls where you could move AND shoot..

I'm getting the increasingly less vague feeling that this game is gonna suck...or at least not be worth buying

It will be like the revelations game rofl, basically in revelations it was like 5 except you can move and shoot which made life so much more easier but yes it is going to feel a bit tankish because you're going to need to literally turn around to see what's behind you... i think it had a 180 button but i forget i'll tell you tomorrow

Argentus

It will be like the revelations game rofl, basically in revelations it was like 5 except you can move and shoot which made life so much more easier but yes it is going to feel a bit tankish because you're going to need to literally turn around to see what's behind you... i think it had a 180 button but i forget i'll tell you tomorrow
Never played revelations .

Was actually gonna buy it while it was on sale for 15 bucks on Xbox but I'm locked out of apartment becausey cousin forgot to let me IN before they went to the Destiny launch... and today was last day of the revelations sale.

Sure as hell not paying full price for it though.

Mavis

One thing i am wondering about is they say Moira is basically there to supply Claire with health and that she also can't die? I wonder how that will work in co-op? Will the person playing as Moira have the ability to defend themselves somehow or does the person using Claire have to protect us at all times? Just not sure how it will work in co-op if one can use weapons but the other can't. I mean i think it's a cool idea for the single player but makes me wonder how it's going to work for co-op with two human players.

Argentus

Anyone still play the first revelations? I got it in sale and wanna play raid mode with people.

Also apparently this also will have no online co op so fuck revelations 2 until its also on sale.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD