DOA5LR Returning Move Request Thread

crapoZK

Standard Donor
First, I want to show this picture, which is in a tweet that I sent to TN, about having a thick health bar, and character icons. RETWEET IT! https://twitter.com/THECRIMSONMAN/status/517743508372062208
DOA5LR.jpg

Anyway, I want to make a thread about removed moves! Especially from DOA4. DOA4 and 3 had some great moves that could've been added into DOA5, 5U, and now 5LR! I will create a full list of moves for all characters that have removed moves, which could be sick in LR!

:hayabusa::
  • :6::K: had an Ongyoin variation after it, I would love to see this happen.
  • :236::K: was a push-back attack which looked really cool. Does Hayabusa have a:214::K:? If not, can we have that as the new input please?
  • :2::H+K: had WR :4::K::5::K:/:P: off of it. (:2::H+K::K::5::K:/:P:)
  • :7::P::P:. Nuff said. Have it with inputs of :7::P::P+K:.
:jannlee::
  • :P::P::6::P::[P]: was great for launching your opponent quickly. It was basically :3::3::[P]: on top of :P::P::6::P:.
  • :2::2::P: was a sick sidestep attack that pushed back on hit. It is the attack from Dragon Parry. As a standalone attack, It would be sick. But :P+K: (After Sidestep) would be a better choice.
  • Jann Lee's Fake Step (:1::P+K:), was practically useless in DOA4, and I can see why it was removed, but TN could give it some use by putting sabaki on it, and then only on connection, make Jann go into Dragon Stance, would be brilliant.
:helena::
  • :6::P::4::P::P::K: from BKO was a sick string. It looked sexy. There are no other reasons for why I want it back. But since that string goes into blender, they can do :6::P::4::P::P+K:, and make the last two hits require one button.
  • :8::P::P:, was a personal favorite launcher of mine. As in DOA5, :8::P::P::2::P: is a thing, TN could make the inputs :8::P::6::P: instead.
:hitomi::
  • :2::2::P: was a sidestep launcher, in DOA3/4. It was brilliant for crushing strings, and you could get a :P::P::P: off of it. Can we get as :P+K: (After SS) please?
  • :8::H+K: was a hammering axe kick. not the jumping one we have now, just a nice twirling axe kick. Now, if it could Sit-Down Stun on hit, that'd be great. And inputs of :236::H+K: (or even :8::H*+K: nahhh. just kidding. The troubles of Akira's 1-framer is enough.)
:leifang::
  • :P::P::6::P::K::6::P: was a thing. Yes. It was.
  • :8::K::K: had a :4::6::P: after it. But it was just :8::K::K::P:. It was a fantastic move.
  • :3::K: had the weird looking stun attack after it (I think it's :6::4::P:?) Anyways, can we get a :3::K::4::P: please?
:ayane::
  • I don't know much about the Purple Haired Mistress of Mix-Ups, but I do believe her :2::K: had her :6::K: after it immediately. And it had a sit-down. :2::K::K: please?
:rachel: (:spartan:):
  • Can we get her :2::H+K: as :1::H+K:, just for a decent low sweep stun?
  • I liked NICOLE's :9::P:. Rachel's version could be her jumping to use like a blast of fiend energy. With the inputs being :236::P+K:.
  • NICOLE's :214::P: was a turn around stun. Can we make that :624::P+K:? (Or is that her Power Launcher...)
  • Does Rachel not have a :3::3::P:? I swear she doesn't. If she doesn't, can we have NICOLE's? It was a sit-down stun, with GB on-top of the cake.
:zack::
  • :236::P::P::P: needs to return.
  • :236::K: from DOA4 need to come back too, as it was a Mid kick low crush, could be done from Funky Roll, Inputs as :236::H+K:?
I need to do more characters. They are(I need to edit it):
:tina::
:lisa::
:kokoro::
:eliot::
:hayate::
:bass::
:bradwong::
:tengu::nyotengu::

Zeo

:hayate:
- DOA3.1 Cartwheel.

THE END

...Seriously though.

- :P::P::4::P::P:
- :P::P::4::P::2::K:

With these moves back he'd have a PP into a tracking mid punch which is just amazing lockdown. And we could even break it by adding the guard break finisher and wind dash transitions he got in 5.

:ein:
- :1::K::K: (In the form of :1::K::2::K:)

This is actually Hayate's original 1KK from DOA3 and 4, but technically it is a returning move and should be given to Ein instead of Hayate considering his new 1K crush and Ein still possessing the original 1K.

Jaguar360

The OP covers everything I want returned for Hayabusa so far aside from returning the handstand stance from DOA3, with T being a new air grab. However, that might be best saved for DOA6, as it might be too big of a revamp.

Hayate should get his 4H+K and 6H+KK back from DOA4 and should get a wind stance transition from H+K. I would also like for DOA4 1KK/1KP to come back in some capacity and/or for him to get the second kick from 2KK again. I understand that some of these moves would probably be kind of broken with DOA5's stun system and Critical Bursts, but 2KK can just be a knockdown on all hit levels instead of being a sit-down stun on normal hit, 6H+KK can be a bound and 1KP can be a stun on most levels and act as a launcher at max stun like Ein's 3P.

EDIT: Oh yes, bring the 4P transitions from Hayate's jab back too please, as mentioned above by Zeo. Didn't even look at his post lol. Ein should definitely have 1KK especially if Hayate doesn't get it.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Hayabusa's PP6KP/PP6KK ender was fun to use in previous DOA's. So I hope that one returns. Also Leifang's 3KP+K, P2PP+K, etc. needs that huge knockback again and get rid of the silly knockback we have now. And last but not least I want Momiji's short version of PPP4P, which was shown in the annoucement trailer of DOA5U.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Tina should get Her :214::K: back.

As for Bass, I think that his :9::P::K::2::P: from DOA4 to return and on stun or CH, it guarantees a ground grab.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Hayabusa's PP6KP/PP6KK ender was fun to use in previous DOA's. So I hope that one returns. Also Leifang's 3KP+K, P2PP+K, etc. needs that huge knockback again and get rid of the silly knockback we have now. And last but not least I want Momiji's short version of PPP4P, which was shown in the annoucement trailer of DOA5U.
Zack had another string that was on the trailer but wasn't in the game. TN and their fucking lies to create hype.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD