RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I forgot to share this. PlayStation covers the interaction between Capcom's Yoshinori Ono and Red Bull's Snake Eyez. Pretty nice video.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I dont give 2 fucks about snake eyes or his interactions with Ono. Ono needs to get his team in order to fix/finish this goddamn game. Shit crashed on me 3 times in one set i was trying to have and 4 more times when I was in survival.

I got to agree with this. Everything else, including the damn shop, seriously needs to be put on hold so that the game itself at the base level can actually work.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I have a tournament mindset, so I'm not affected. Sucks for the casuals, though...

See

This false dichotomy thats been poping up lately is really beginning to piss me right the fuck off. The part that REALLY pisses me off isn't even the insinuation that you're more of a gamer than me, You aren't saying that out of pride and dedication for the game. You are saying this shit to give capcom and fanboys leeway and justification for selling you a pile of shit. You say this shit as an act of mental jiu-jitsu to make yourself feel better about Yoshinori Ono giving your asshole the volumetric circumference to shit out a vintage double decker city bus.

I paid $31 dollars for this game on day one and for that price its still unfinished right now. It actually runs WORSE than it did on release day now and frankly thats a serious problem for me. A problem that certain people who probably arent even that good try to wave away by saying they have a "HardCORERRRREEEE" mindset, whatever in the nihilistic fuck that means.

d3v

Making a promotional video like that has zero impact on the work being done to address bugs. The marketing and development teams are separate, and Ono himself doesn't directly work on the code.

Also, the nature of things is that it is impossible for any program to be bug free, especially on PC with the openness of the platform where there are more hardware/software combinations than it is possible to test for. There will always be a subset of the playerbase that will get it worse than the others.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
@d3v I hear and understand what you are saying but at the same time I dont want to hear it. They have had a million beta tests and like a month and some change to fix the issues with the game and its worse off. I know Ono doesnt directly do the code but he can fire and beat the shit out of the people who are, instead of buttering up tournament players and passively saying "fuck the casuals" who more or less bankroll these assholes despite what you and others might think or feel.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
After trying out Alex for a bit and the challenges I haven't touched the game again for days. Weren't there supposed to come extra battles with bosses with the last update? These here:

sfv-bison-extra-battle.jpg

sfv-extra-battle.jpg

Guess they forgot about that...

Also, as long as they don't fix the horrible shadow dithering I really don't want to look at the game any longer. I wished the hardcores weren't so incredibly complacent (can only agree with Goarmagon here) and would as well loudly voice complaints about the crappy content and crappy graphical optimization of this game on console. A PS4 game does not need to have such shitty effects reminiscent of the 32 bit console era. They would look into fixing it if you would just open your mouths, damn. D: They apparently only hear their hardcore fans...

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Crashed on me 2 more times in like an hour when trying to do survival. I guess I am not "HXAAARRRRDCOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" enough or some bullshit despite my rig retailing for 2 grand if I had bought it new.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I paid $31 dollars for this game on day one and for that price its still unfinished right now. It actually runs WORSE than it did on release day now and frankly thats a serious problem for me. A problem that certain people who probably arent even that good try to wave away by saying they have a "HardCORERRRREEEE" mindset, whatever in the nihilistic fuck that means.

I bought this game to get better. To find my strengths and weaknesses. To break bad habits. To learn more fundamentals. Same reason why I play DOA or any other fighter. Hell, if I having problems, I can always ask for help.

I enjoy watching people find new tech in this game, or discussing it with @d3v . I enjoy watching players using their character, especially when I'm playing people with different play styles. I'm not good at SF, but I'm learning how to get better. That's why every Tuesday, I go hang out with @Mr. Wah and the rest of the Maryland DOA Crew when it comes to playing DOA, SF5, and Pokken.

What I'm trying to say is this: good player or not, there are people who play SF5 for different reasons. Some want to get better, some want to have a good time, etc.

We all have different approaches to this game, and that's fine. I get the fact that this game lacks certain modes and other issues behind it, which is unenjoyable for casual players out there.

This is why I blog about this type of stuff.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I bought this game to get better. To find my strengths and weaknesses. To break bad habits. To learn more fundamentals. Same reason why I play DOA or any other fighter. Hell, if I having problems, I can always ask for help.

I enjoy watching people find new tech in this game, or discussing it with @d3v . I enjoy watching players using their character, especially when I'm playing people with different play styles. I'm not good at SF, but I'm learning how to get better. That's why every Tuesday, I go hang out with @Mr. Wah and the rest of the Maryland DOA Crew when it comes to playing DOA, SF5, and Pokken.

What I'm trying to say is this: good player or not, there are people who play SF5 for different reasons. Some want to get better, some want to have a good time, etc.

We all have different approaches to this game, and that's fine. I get the fact that this game lacks certain modes and other issues behind it, which is unenjoyable for casual players out there.

This is why I blog about this type of stuff.

I play the game for all those reasons too(and I dont need the vanity to label my self as HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCOREE ) but let me ask you this: How in the fuck am I expected to get better at this game when the fucker crashes on me every 15-30 minutes? I tolerate it because I am trying to get better but the guy/girl that bought this on a whim or a sale wont. And is it really necessary to try and wave away the issues with this game because of a "hardcore"(bullshit elitist) mindset?

I will say this again for the people who are delusional, The casuals bankroll the tournaments and prize pots. The Casuals are the ones watching the streams. The casuals buy all the DLC. Without them the community is fucked. We need to turn the casuals out(something that DOA hasnt really done well), not condescend them.

EDIT: I almost forgot about this...the current offline turnout that SF5 has right now is not from its own momentum at all. Its coasting off the steam of SF4 and that steam WILL eventually run out and SF5 is going to stand on its own. Just wanted to point that out before anyone tries to invalidate my points with tourney numbers.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
The online isn't the problem(for SF5 anyways) its the stability of the goddamn game itself. Stick with your opinion and watch people quit and the game die because it doesnt function as advertized.

CFW

The online isn't the problem(for SF5 anyways) its the stability of the goddamn game itself. Stick with your opinion and watch people quit and the game die because it doesnt function as advertized.

This might have more to do with your specs than anything.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
This might have more to do with your specs than anything.
Actually it has to do with dodge windows 10 optimization. I have a 4770 ooverclocked to 4.2ghz and a r9 290x. My specs are fine.

@VirtuaKazama I am not the one defending an unfinished game despite liking it then saying condescending shit to people who disagree with me.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Alright, let's get back on topic because I don't want to be on anyone's level.

I can see why R. Mika is OP... She does so much easy damage.

NeverGiveUp

Alright, let's get back on topic because I don't want to be on anyone's level.

I can see why R. Mika is OP... She does so much easy damage.
It's not really that shes OP its just if Mika gets you in the corner then you're in a world of trouble. The key to beating Mika is to win the neutral game and pressure her on her wakeup

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD