Senran Kagura Series

Argentus

Anyone else notice how some of the regular enemies look REALLY badass?!

14435165_1785793368337717_3461674087785473981_o.jpg

14480622_1785793151671072_812872151405947866_o.jpg

Seriously that outfit is like 350x cooler than anything the actual playable characters get#

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, it's really a shame that gear isn't selectable in game, the bird ladies and those big katana wielding girls have some pretty awesome gear

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The new game has been revealed!

Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash just got announced via the famitsu website.
release date 16th march 2017.

it's a team based water gun game

57f1e7f50c67f.jpg

Oh my, what a lovely birthday present this will be for me....not! D:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Wow!! The graphics look way better than before... I want!!☆

It also looks like they're adding the hairstyles from the SKEV opening!♡ Ikaruga's swept up hair...

David Gregg

57f1e7f50c67f.jpg

Kafuru and Dolphin-san are there as well!! Kind of a shame this isn't coming to Vita. :/

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
While it isn't coming to Vita, that's kind of a good thing since they'll be able to work on the graphics and physics more than EV. In that game they couldn't do much since the PS4 version was basically an upscaled Vita port which looked good imo, but they could've taken it further. This time around they'll hopefully have good skin textures and even independent jiggle and not panned jiggle like EV had.

Jadeinchains

Kafuru and Dolphin-san are there as well!! Kind of a shame this isn't coming to Vita. :/

Kafuru and Dolphin san are the best so it's great there back, I see Ryona as well so Kasumi will be happy!

While it isn't coming to Vita, that's kind of a good thing since they'll be able to work on the graphics and physics more than EV. In that game they couldn't do much since the PS4 version was basically an upscaled Vita port which looked good imo, but they could've taken it further. This time around they'll hopefully have good skin textures and even independent jiggle and not panned jiggle like EV had.

Yeah that is good since It will let them make it as good looking as possible! Hopefully we see some game play soon to see what it's like.

David Gregg

I don't think it's necessarily about the graphics (although now that's exclusive there's no excuse not to improve them) but rather the likely number of characters in the arena at one time since this will be team based water gun fights. EV could only have 4 players fighting online for Vita as opposed to Vita which could have 10.

Jadeinchains

I don't think it's necessarily about the graphics (although now that's exclusive there's no excuse not to improve them) but rather the likely number of characters in the arena at one time since this will be team based water gun fights. EV could only have 4 players fighting online for Vita as opposed to Vita which could have 10.

Well I'm definitely going to be getting this game! I'll be playing online as well probably when I get it so It would be funny If people met on it! :D
Hopefully there is a lot of unlockables like in SKEV. And a lot of characters.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, although it depends on mode, in some modes on PS4 I know you can have up to 16, although it's almost impossible to get that much players in one room unless you're Japanese XD. I usually just make a 4 player survival room at Mt. Orochi for quicker match ups.

Kodachi

Standard Donor

57f1e7f50c67f.jpg
What happened to murasaki?? Why is Ayame holding bebe-chan!?

Number 13

Shame it won't be on a handheld since every previous SK game was at least on a handheld and the short burst SK gaming sessions really thrived on handhelds which contributed to why the series was so successful these last several years.

Personally won't get this since I can't imagine myself playing this on a big screen after playing the last several on handheld. Before someone mentions it: Remote play is not same thing.

More info gonna have 30+ characters.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/0...0-characters-new-costume-breaks-psvr-support/

Interview points

• Peach Beach Splash’s story is part of the series’ main storyline. They plan to continue developing new Senran Kagura games from this point on.

• A Senran Kagura action game will also be in the works.

• There are plans to add popular characters we’ve seen in the mobile game, NewWave G Burst, in Peach Beach Splash.

• The end goal is to have everything from the series be a part of one big world.

• Peach Beach Splash will be enjoyable for both beginners and veterans alike.

• They’re working on a way where a player can participate in some form in the costume breaks.

• They’re increasing the number of see-through costumes when they get wet. There’s also a vast number of swimsuit outfits.

• There’s a mode that is expected to be supported by PlayStation VR. It may be added through a future update.

• There’s a total of 10 water gun types.

• Plans to add more story, costumes, and characters via DLC. They also hope to do some collaborations.

- So what does this mean? Is this part of the Versus or Mainline canon? A separate one entirely?

- This could either mean another Versus or something else entirely due to the broadness of 'action'.

- That seems obvious since EV already started digging into the new waves in form of costumes and even a character. It's also the only new way to add more characters barring new ones or guests again.

- Don't understand the 'everything in one big world' bit.

- Pretty sure that applies to most of their past SK games although a shooter game is very beginner friendly by default so as long as it's more Splatoon then Bullet Girls then it might appeal to some hardcore shooter fans.

- So a costume break won't just be a skip able cinematic?

- Naturally a water themes game means more emphasis on wet mechanics + tons of swimsuits. Hello Extreme.

- They mentioned wanting SK to take part in VR. Not surprised when Xtreme 3 wants that gravy train too.

- 10 types is pretty low for a shooter game which further supports this will be another Bon Apetite.

- Story/character dlc is expected. Not surprised they want more collaborations after the success in EV + seeing DoA do it all the time.

I personally wonder how well this is gonna sell. Before everyone says this will sell extremely well by default because it's like Splatoon let's think about it.

This is a PS4 exclusive this time and it's a ecchi Splatoon esque shooter. It could do OK in Japan, but compared to other SK games?

Handhelds are big in Japan and the departure of the handheld market for this game is a bold move especially for a series that largely relied on the handheld market for their success. It's also a shooter game which is not a very popular genre in Japan compared to the West. Again before someone mentions Splatoon that is different circumstances.

Splatoon was on the Wii U which is/was the most kid friendly console platform [Games like Bayonetta 2 and FExSMT are minority anomalies in the library ] and was very appealing to all age demographics while the SK series primarily fed on the 18-24 otaku demo with a splash of 14-17s. That alone is huge.

Ignore the domestic Japan sales and see how it does on the West you would think that 'shooter' means Joe MLG gamer is gonna latch onto it. Unfortunately this is the era where games like Xtreme 3 get banned because of Western sensitivities so a very ecchi SK game spraying water guns at each other would only appeal a niche audience. At least with EV one could make an argument they are at least fighting with swords and ninja magic. This game specifically said it won't have any of that so it would be closer to Bon Apetite cooking rythmn game aka the worst selling SK game.

Hopefully this does sell well [and doesn't mean they are done with handhelds though because of that common 'it will hold it back' myth] and they can end the streak of their last few games selling bad such as Uppers and such.

Jadeinchains

Shame it won't be on a handheld since every previous SK game was at least on a handheld and the short burst SK gaming sessions really thrived on handhelds which contributed to why the series was so successful these last several years.

Personally won't get this since I can't imagine myself playing this on a big screen after playing the last several on handheld. Before someone mentions it: Remote play is not same thing.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/0...0-characters-new-costume-breaks-psvr-support/

Interview points

• Peach Beach Splash’s story is part of the series’ main storyline. They plan to continue developing new Senran Kagura games from this point on.

• There are plans to add popular characters we’ve seen in the mobile game, NewWave G Burst, in Peach Beach Splash.

• The end goal is to have everything from the series be a part of one big world.

• They’re working on a way where a player can participate in some form in the costume breaks.

• They’re increasing the number of see-through costumes when they get wet. There’s also a vast number of swimsuit outfits.

• There’s a mode that is expected to be supported by PlayStation VR. It may be added through a future update.

• Plans to add more story, costumes, and characters via DLC. They also hope to do some collaborations.

- So what does this mean? Is this part of the Versus or Mainline canon? A separate one entirely?

- This could either mean another Versus or something else entirely due to the broadness of 'action'.

- That seems obvious since EV already started digging into the new waves in form of costumes and even a character. It's also the only new way to add more characters barring new ones or guests again.

- Pretty sure that applies to most of their past SK games although a shooter game is very beginner friendly by default so as long as it's more Splatoon then Bullet Girls then it might appeal to some hardcore shooter fans.

- Naturally a water themes game means more emphasis on wet mechanics + tons of swimsuits. Hello Extreme.

- They mentioned wanting SK to take part in VR. Not surprised when Xtreme 3 wants that gravy train too.

- 10 types is pretty low for a shooter game which further supports this will be another Bon Apetite.

- Story/character dlc is expected. Not surprised they want more collaborations after the success in EV + seeing DoA do it all the time.

I personally wonder how well this is gonna sell. Before everyone says this will sell extremely well by default because it's like Splatoon let's think about it.

This is a PS4 exclusive this time and it's a ecchi Splatoon esque shooter. It could do OK in Japan, but compared to other SK games?

Handhelds are big in Japan and the departure of the handheld market for this game is a bold move especially for a series that largely relied on the handheld market for their success. It's also a shooter game which is not a very popular genre in Japan compared to the West. Again before someone mentions Splatoon that is different circumstances.

Splatoon was on the Wii U which is/was the most kid friendly console platform [Games like Bayonetta 2 and FExSMT are minority anomalies in the library ] and was very appealing to all age demographics while the SK series primarily fed on the 18-24 otaku demo with a splash of 14-17s. That alone is huge.

Ignore the domestic Japan sales and see how it does on the West you would think that 'shooter' means Joe MLG gamer is gonna latch onto it. Unfortunately this is the era where games like Xtreme 3 get banned because of Western sensitivities so a very ecchi SK game spraying water guns at each other would only appeal a niche audience. At least with EV one could make an argument they are at least fighting with swords and ninja magic. This game specifically said it won't have any of that so it would be closer to Bon Apetite cooking rythmn game aka the worst selling SK game.

Hopefully this does sell well [and doesn't mean they are done with handhelds though because of that common 'it will hold it back' myth] and they can end the streak of their last few games selling bad such as Uppers and such.

Hopefully it does sell well even with not having a handheld version, So it's going to be apart of the EV story line?
So they are also working on a EV type game as well at the same time? Also I'm happy to hear they are adding new wave girls. Hopefully though it is successful even though it's on only the ps4. And yeah I'm not surprised that there will be dlc?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Interview points

It won't sell bad, the graphics and tins of content will definitely keep it selling well in Japan. US probably won't get it till a year after it releases in Japan anyway because of localization and I'm hoping for English dub too, that'd be awesome.

Jadeinchains

It won't sell bad, the graphics and tins of content will definitely keep it selling well in Japan. US probably won't get it till a year after it releases in Japan anyway because of localization and I'm hoping for English dub too, that'd be awesome.

Oh yeah I didn't think about that, For us it won't be until 2018 until we get it. There's lots of games in between then anyway.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD