Senran Kagura Series

Juihau

Honestly from what I've seen so far of the new outfits though they're really nice.
Really, yeah. I like these outfits a lot more than the ones in EV. They didn't try to make them super skimpy, and it ended up giving us some really good options. I love how casual some of them look. Not to mention, I can finally bring this design back to her glory days.

0a7a2a3047.png

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Really, yeah. I like these outfits a lot more than the ones in EV. They didn't try to make them super skimpy, and it ended up giving us some really good options. I love how casual some of them look. Not to mention, I can finally bring this design back to her glory days.

0a7a2a3047.png
That's really cute! Btw I'll be on around 9:20 if that's fine and what minigame did you wanna play? If it's death match pardon me if I play kinda cowardly, I'm pretty meh at the mode and usually play survival which is my strongest game XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ok! I'll be on in 15 minutes! And that's a cool way you dressed Yomi, as you could see by my ryona pic earlier I prefer to dress her in cure stuff with sweet pastel color, and I gave her Kanu's hair with added pigtail extensions since I feel that it fits Ryona, I love unkempt long shaggy hair that looks near impossible to upkeep and handle XD

Jadeinchains

0a7a2a3047.png

That's really cute! And yeah one of my problems with the outfits in EV is that they were trying to hard to be sexy by every outfit being pretty similar and just "sexy" but nothing really else. But what I've seen from PBS is actually really nice outfits like the one in the image you posted, The colours are nice too. I've seen more poses as well and they've definitely added in a good few new diorama poses.

Also I don't know what it is but I really like the new wave cards, they're art style and just that there's so much art work of the characters!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
...I'm not seeing a whole lot of tomboy.
Only on Hibari because of the jeans and tshirt(Wish DOA had that but much tighter jeans and pants for the characters I use) and the short hair. And glad to see they included Asuka's loose hair in PBS as a hairstyle, I always liked it down since I'm a fan of the hime cut hairstyle. When I get the game I'm gonna use Yuyaki's long long ponytail for Ryona!

Juihau

...That's not a hime cut. I'm not convinced you know what a hime cut is. I mean, disregarding questions of whether or not certain derivative styles can still be considered a hime cut, one of its most recognizable traits is the cropped-straight bangs, which Asuka lacks entirely.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
...That's not a hime cut. I'm not convinced you know what a hime cut is. I mean, disregarding questions of whether or not certain derivative styles can still be considered a hime cut, one of its most recognizable traits is the cropped-straight bangs, which Asuka lacks entirely.
No it is, I know what a hime cut is: They are long hairstyles that often involve straight cut blunt fringes, sidelocks that can be ear to chest length and shaggy or blunt based on preference and the rest of the hair is worn loose or in a style, almost every SK has one bar the girls with shorter hair or arguably Daidouji. Asuka has a hime cut with shoulder length sidelocks that sit over her shoulders but she parts her fringe/bangs differently to the right, and shehe wears it mostly up in her ponytail sealed with a white ribbon. Katsuragi for example also has it but once again she parts it differently and curls the longest bang to the side. Trust me I know my hime cuts XD I know virtually every variation of the cut and even know how to do the loom myself, just pin up the hair you wish to leave long, cut the side locks to fhe length you desire and you're done, they don't need bangs at all tho, just look at boa hancock XD

Juihau

Boa still has cropped straight sidelocks. And that's the main thing about hime cuts: they're cropped straight. They're meant to look prim and proper, are heavily associated with high class and proper characters, and are high maintenance, implicitly demonstrating a character's high levels of discipline. They're also strongly associated with lolita fashion, hence Mirai having one.

For one thing, from a character standpoint, someone like Asuka or Katsuragi having that sort of hairstyle makes no sense. Both of them are hot-blooded types who forego elegance in many things, including speech, battle, and dress. Neither of them would spend the time necessary to keep a hairstyle like that. This is important because in a lot of things, a character's hair is used as a shorthand for their personalities, and SK is no exception. Hibari and Minori have pigtails that emphasize their youthful energy, Yozakura's hair is kept short for practicality's sake, having grown up taking care of numerous siblings, Murasaki has super long hair because she never leaves her room to cut it...

Secondly, like I said, the hairstyle is meant to look proper, being that it was used by nobility. Asuka's hair, while not necessarily unkempt, is very casual and shown in such a way that she doesn't seem to pay super close attention to how it's styled, with some strands just kind of flaring outward any which way. This goes against the entire point of a hime cut from the start, which makes sense, since Asuka is not at all a formal or proper person; she's very casual and friendly. Not to mention every single part of her hair seems to be a slightly different length, which is, y'know, not a hime cut.

tl;dr saying Asuka has a hime cut is like calling a mango an orange.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Boa still has cropped straight sidelocks. And that's the main thing about hime cuts: they're cropped straight. They're meant to look prim and proper, are heavily associated with high class and proper characters, and are high maintenance, implicitly demonstrating a character's high levels of discipline. They're also strongly associated with lolita fashion, hence Mirai having one.

For one thing, from a character standpoint, someone like Asuka or Katsuragi having that sort of hairstyle makes no sense. Both of them are hot-blooded types who forego elegance in many things, including speech, battle, and dress. Neither of them would spend the time necessary to keep a hairstyle like that. This is important because in a lot of things, a character's hair is used as a shorthand for their personalities, and SK is no exception. Hibari and Minori have pigtails that emphasize their youthful energy, Yozakura's hair is kept short for practicality's sake, having grown up taking care of numerous siblings, Murasaki has super long hair because she never leaves her room to cut it...

Secondly, like I said, the hairstyle is meant to look proper, being that it was used by nobility. Asuka's hair, while not necessarily unkempt, is very casual and shown in such a way that she doesn't seem to pay super close attention to how it's styled, with some strands just kind of flaring outward any which way. This goes against the entire point of a hime cut from the start, which makes sense, since Asuka is not at all a formal or proper person; she's very casual and friendly. Not to mention every single part of her hair seems to be a slightly different length, which is, y'know, not a hime cut.

tl;dr saying Asuka has a hime cut is like calling a mango an orange.
Ok...I understand, i still say she has one but it's not kept up in a tidy manner like Ikaruga, lots of normal anime girls have the style but usually wear it in a more less neat way to show them being more down to earth. Ikaruga's isn't perfect too since I noticed she has one strand of her fringe that's longer and more prominent than the others although I wonder if it's done intentionally by her or if she just doesn't notice. I think the game developers did that intentionally so her design and character won't be confused with any other anime/game girls who have a similar look, I noticed that all the generic design girls usually have a slight difference in their appearance like Rin looks like your typical Japanese school teacher from hentai mangas but she wears the hebijo seal to hold up her bun and Yomi wears a mint green pin in her hair to slightly push her fringe to the side

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Speaking of hilarious, check it: The game AI is braindead! XD

And I'm still loving Lu Bu, I'm gonna go online again to night and penetrate some survival rooms ;-p I never stay long tho, they get kick happy if you're doing too well and being a hog so I usually stay for 1-2 survival sets and then dismiss myself. I normally make a Mt. Orochi room and then wait for victi- er I mean fellow players to join. Minori is still pretty great at survival although Kanu is great crowd control and Lu Bu is also awesome too but she's very slow recovering -_-

UpSideDownGRUNT

Leo and the rest of the Zodiac Guiding Star Association girls

C6a_F-IXEAE-fXK.jpg
They look like an iDOLM@STER Unit lol I'm half expecting edeN to play any second.

Also I saw a dressing room video of PBS seems you can squirt the girls with water like a misbehaving cat lmao

It makes costumes that can get wet, wet though. And it seems the only one that actually goes see through is Yumis preorder tank

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh I know how to dash from that, that's how I build up my ninpo meter when I'm running low, I mean more after her level 2 ninpo and her ground stomp.

Other than that I LOVE her
C7P2YpgWwAAMlT_.jpg:orig

This is how I have her looking atm in reminiscent design to her reskin, but she didn't have a purple hair option so I went with natural and since it was too similar to the green cheongasm, I went with red since red and green is good color scheme. Short hair suits her well and that's coming from a long hair fetishist, but then again her pigtails don't do it for me.

Oh and I'll be on the dojo playing survival if anyone wants to join, I'll be my usual characters and the location is mt. orochi, but first I have to do something before I start

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD