Senran Kagura Series

Juihau

I wish Ryona could have been fast and weak instead of slow and tough, she's legit garbage, and it's sad that the game forces me to use other girls just so I can have a chance, but I don't want to...I wanna use Ryona. :-(
Could always play SV. That's how she was in that game, and she was pretty silly at times.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Tier wise in PvP (1v1);

SS:Daidoji
S: Ayane, Imu, Kanu, Hakufu, Ryofu
A: Naraku, Kagura, Miyabi, Homura, Ayame, Yomi, Ikaruga
B and C: Everyone else
D: Rin, Hanabi
E: Minori, Ryona

Daidoji is undisputedly the best as she is extremely difficult to challenge on the ground and in the air. And can launch you for an aerial rave from the ground OR the air and stun you at the same time. Super difficult to approach her because she can wall you out with square into dash attack with ease.

Ayane's only semi bad match up is Daidoji because of Daidoji's air game (although I've beaten good Daidoji's getting around it). The only downsides to Ayane in this game is that her air game (outside of aerial rave) is just decent) and she has no shinobi transformation for additional health. However, she is basically the best character on the ground (with Daidoji) because of her dash attack being a high damaging guard break that you have to burst out of. Or you will just eat the following combo or get caught up in a semi-infinite attempt (mix up to bait out bursts). She can close the distance easily and zone you out so well with kunais (which do good damage and can daze you, and they stun if you take more than 4-5 at a time).

The Ikki characters have no transformations either but they have sort of the same things Ayane has that make them stronger than the senran cast.

Imu has electric which stuns you, plus she can daze you fairly easily so her damage just piles up because she just forces you to burst if you don't get away. Her air game is strong as well as her ground game. Not to mention all of her supers are powerful, and her lvl 3 will just kill you no matter what you do if you get caught.

Naraku, all she has to do is get in with charged square and you are forced to burst or die. Charged square attacks are her strength but all of the better characters punish her so badly the moment she whiffs. Ayane just flatout destroys this character, but the rest of the non-high tier characters have trouble with her since she's still very mobile. And in general, if you're caught with a charged square, that's it.

Kagura is literally just Triangle and supers, that's it. And sadly just these two things really does a lot more than most of the characters in this game lol.

Miyabi is very good but probably more average feeling by comparison to everyone else in front of her. Amazing lvl 2 super, and her lvl 3 super on initiation is powerful. Strong charged square projectiles, great dash attacks and very good in the air (including aerial rave). But everyone else in front do what she does better outside of supers and her projectiles.

Homura is super mashy but that's how you have to play her to get the most out of her. Very good dash attack and strings to mix up your guard break on the dash attack and strong supers. Lvl 3 super on initiation can either kill or do a ton of damage.

Ayame is just really solid with great supers, especially her lvl 3 and great mobility. Her dash attack makes it hard to get in on her. She's not particularly powerful but she's pretty great overall.

Yomi's charge attacks are what seperate her from B and C tier because they stun you, while she can quickly launch you and deal a lot of damage. She has a ton of health with and without Shinobi Transformation. And a lot of armor as well, making it pretty tough to kill her when she's played well. Strong supers, in ST (shinobi transformation) her launchers have a lot of range and do a lot of damage.

Ikaruga is solid with decent supers, but has really good mobility and damage to go with it.

Rin is awful in a 1v1 setting, low health, no armor, no threatening guard breaks. The only things good about her are her supers and her mobility. But she can't do anything to any of the top/high tiers without taking damage or dying. She can't do much to the B-C tiers for the same reason unless she is outplaying people.

Hanabi has a lot of armor and health but she barely has any tools or any sort of speed to keep up without sacrificing damage to really win (unless you're outplaying someone almost perfectly).

Minori and Ryona are just bad.

I don't place Frantic Mode in, if a character needs Frantic mode to be considered good then they're just not a good character then.

I'm surprised I'm still ranked at 90 in Shinobi Deathmatch. I haven't touched this game in almost two months until last night, lol.

Last edited:

miyodarius

Had no idea there where people who played online. Guess I'll join the fray, since in single player once you get over lvl30 the game becomes too easy

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Had no idea there where people who played online. Guess I'll join the fray, since in single player once you get over lvl30 the game becomes too easy
Yeah, although I don't play with anyone I haven't maxed out the 3 mastery with and raised them to cap level 50. Based on what I saw in Shinobi DM against Hajin and in general, you can't exactly pick your favorite girl and win, they have to either be good game play wise or have a strong enough gimmick they can milk, Ryona is her crowd control and spin dash to spin thing, but it's not much in 1 on 1. Overall it's the DLC characters who will get all the wins, that or the base game girls that you most likely aren't interested in, like I'm only interested in Ryona but I have to play Yomi and Miyabi to even stand a chance. The closest I got to beating Hajin was when I was being Miyabi, but even then I had to run like a coward around him and go in when I could get on stable ground. I refused to resort to jump triangle and running away the rest of the match though, Kasumilover is no scaredy cat, I lose while fighting back. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Like Hajin told me, don't feel forced to be someone you don't like, you can still win it's just....hard. I didn't even care yesterday who I chose, I picked Ryona a few times and I made her dance a hailstorm of bullets, low tier or not. I also like Miyabi, she and her short boyish hair are cute, and I love her voice. I did try to give her longer hair, but she lost that cute charm I like, and I absolutely cannot stand shorter hair. <_> Yomi I like for her personality, she's polite and all that good stuff but she's quite the lowkey bitch, that won me over. Plus her dash is actually good for getting in when timed right and her sounds are so cute.♡

YBNDM

One problem, i pretty much like all characters. The only ones I don't like are Imu and Sayuri.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
One problem, i pretty much like all characters. The only ones I don't like are Imu and Sayuri.
Then be all of them you like XD Just be ready for one hell of a grind to get them all to level 50 and max out their mastery, that take a while.(I'm gonna wait for more people to post in this thread before I reply again, I don't want this turning too much into a FSD conversation rather than an actual thread..)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Do lvl carry over the online? I got Yumi at 46 in single player. Will that help my Chances
Yep, they do, online when I play with other players their levels are displayed online, although I'm skeptical on whether the "Hyper Armor" property carries over at max yang mastery. If overall Shinobi deathmatch isn't your thing, I'd just play a different minigame, you can still top the leaderboards by playing the other games. I'm gonna do survival until I can buy a DLC character, all the DMs as of late are just filled up with players using the DLC characters and the reskinned Ikkotousen girls, and I don't have time or patience to be ganged up on by higher tier characters and being used as a pointing bag. I'd rather just do survival for now, I'm surprisingly very good with it when playing Miyabi.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That's good to know. But I won't worry too much about tiers since I don't think I could ever take this game as a serious competitive fighter. I'll stick to my favorites like Ryobi, Yagyu, & Ikaruga. I'll try out all the game modes. Something team based might be fun
I feel you, I'm not concerned about tiers in SK because it's not really meant to be competitive, the 1on 1 DM was I believe added as a sort of new minigame, but they seemed to overlook that the girls have to be on somewhat equal ground. I love Ryona and I'll always use her, but she's sadly not good in the mode and I don't enjoy playing other characters I don't like as much just to have a chance. Yeah for now unless a friend wants to play DM, I'm sticking to the more proper modes where I can actually do something with Ryona an Yomi.

miyodarius

That makes sense. To be honest I wished they just made single player harder. So online seems like the next best thing. What game modes you find the most fun to play?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Game modes? As far as offline, I just like doing the normal missions on harder difficulty for more exp. and mastery, and I enjoy doing the Shinobi heart missions. as far as online, my favorite mode is shinobi survival where you try to survive 50 waves protecting your festival platform. It's point based so you have to basically mash and build up your Ninpo gauge quickly and be the first to wipe out the opponents before the others, but be warned that some players RQ if you're always the first to wipe out the enemies. It's happened to me thrice so I used Yomi recently so I wouldn't make anyone mad, although I just play to have fun with others :-/ Team DM is also fun since you have another player on your side, but it can also turn one sided if it's base characters vs. DLC/Ikko girls, so I don't play that much either.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Levels from single player only matter online when you play Shinobi Survival. Which is the co-op Defend the Tower mode, very fun.

miyodarius

Naw, every character has a default stat base in every other mode, except for Shinobi Survival.
Awesome that does sound fun. Thanks for clearing that up. Gonna have to hope back into the game. It's Funny how I never knew about Senran Kagura until the crossover costumes came out. Like the costumes so much, I watched the anime. Enjoy the anime so much I looked up the games. That's good merchandising

Jadeinchains

I just finished watching someone play through the story of Estival Versus and seriously wow I wasn't expecting it to actually make me emotional the way it did. I swear this game goes from one second the characters each other "dirty bitch" to the next second the same characters having a beautiful conversation.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD