[Sep 28, 2012] Game Underground Tournament Spectacular 3 Day Event in Boston! (Somerville)

Gill Hustle

DOA5 in there!: http://www.facebook.com/events/119746354833872/

Boston's First Major!

Friday September 28-30, 2012

Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V, WWE 12 and many more!

Game
Underground
Tournament
Spectacular

GUTS!!! - DO YOU HAVE IT?!

Hotel Info:

Holiday Inn Boston-Somerville
30 Washington St
Somerville, MA 02143
Phone (617)628-1000

Special Room Rates for Tournament Guests
Ask for the Game Underground Room Rate!

Single/Double $129.99
Triple/Quad $139.99

We recommend staying at the hotel as they have been very good to us and intend on letting us host events in the future if this goes well!

We have also worked very hard to get affordable food at this event!

PRICES FOR CASH CONCESSIONS:
Mini Pizza - $3.00
Potato Chips - $1.00
Roll Ups - $5.00
Hot Dogs - $2.50
Chicken Fingers - $5.00
Candy Bar - $1.25
Cookie - $1.50
Brownie - $1.50
Soda - $1.25
Water - $1.00

The food sales from the concession stands at the venue directly effect our ability to put this event on at an affordable price. Please help us continue to have events at this awesome location by purchasing food from the venue.

Hotel has a pool that can be accessed if you are staying at the hotel and have a room key.

Hotel has a nightclub that we will be able to set up some games in for late night freeplay and drinking for those who are 21+!

Venue Fee $30 Preorder $40 at the Door (Tickets will be on sale soon!)

LINKS TO INDIVIDUAL Threads and rules will be up soon!

Street Fighter IV AE 2012 ($300 Pot Bonus from Replay'd)
(Hosted by Lucky D) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($300 Pot Bonus)
(Hosted by Lucky D) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Super Smash Bros Melee (Singles and Doubles)
(Hosted by Elen and Kevin M) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Singles and Doubles)
(Hosted by Dazwa) APEX 2013 Qualifier

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Soul Calibur V
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter X Tekken
Skullgirls
Dead or Alive 5
KOF XIII
Virtua Fighter
Persona 4 Arena
WWE 12

Possible Games

Sony All Stars Battle Royale
Blazblue
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Tony Hawk HD
Old School Game Speed Runs
Project M
Madden 13
NBA 2K12
FIFA 13

www.Game-Underground.com will be updated soon with a full website devoted to this event!

Allan Paris

Three days after its release, that shit is going to be DOA4.

You hosting DOA5, Gill? Either way, I'm out there. Dat support.

Gill Hustle

Well when the tournament was announced, doa was not mentioned but I asked th to about it and he said yeah so Im gonna do what I can.

Teeth maybe we should book a room with visiting fsd players? Somerville's not far but it may be convient and fun.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Teeth maybe we should book a room with visiting fsd players? Somerville's not far but it may be convient and fun.

That might be a bit tricky for me since I'm not sure I'll have too much money during the month of September after getting DOA 5 and Tag 2, especially since I work freelance and I'm on a pretty tight budget anyways. I was thinking of offering my place to maybe 1 or 2 people to save them the money of having to get a room, preferably to the people who are flying since that tends to be pricey. Plus I could also be their ride to the airport/bus station/train station/whatever if need be.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I'll be there. Even though this will be 3 days after the game's release people should still make an effort to come if they are in the Northeast. Gotta show strong support to set the pace for the game. That's just my opinion.

Gill Hustle

I have now been named TO for THE FIRST DOA5 Tournament! (This one technically counts as a major :eek: ) Hopefully I can get a lot of support/turnout to put top 8 on stream.

I'm gonna do my best to stream matches from UGS twitch account.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
I have now been named TO for THE FIRST DOA5 Tournament! (This one technically counts as a major :eek: ) Hopefully I can get a lot of support/turnout to put top 8 on stream.

I'm gonna do my best to stream matches from UGS twitch account.

Yo Gil, depending on when people get here, would you want to stream casuals from the store the night before the tourney? It'd also be a good opportunity for the guys who've been asking about DOA to learn about it from some of the pros who'll be attending.

GameUnderground

Reminder! You only have until THIS WEDNESDAY Aug 29th to reserve your room at our discounted price! YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE ROOM UNTIL CHECKOUT YOU JUST NEED TO BOOK IT WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD!! Price now: Single/Double $129.99
Triple/Quad $139.99 THESE ARE GOING FOR 249.99 WITHOUT OUR DISCOUNT!!! GET YOURS HELD NOW!

CALL DIRECT AND ASK FOR GAME UNDERGROUND RATE

GameUnderground

GREAT NEWS!!! I was able to convince the hotel to extend the discounted hotel rate of
Single/Double $129.99
Triple/Quad $139.99 until next Thursday the 13th!!!! MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR ROOM SETTLED BY THEN! You do not have to pay right now just give a credit card to hold the room! I really worked hard to get them to do this so don't miss out!

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Just a heads up. If anybody needs a ride from the bus/train station or airport to the hotel I can probably pick a few of you up.

GameUnderground

1 DAY SPECTATOR PASSES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR! They are $15 and you can hang out and play free play for 1 day. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER ANY TOURNAMENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE THE 3 DAY FULL PASS.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD