[Sep 28, 2012] Game Underground Tournament Spectacular 3 Day Event in Boston! (Somerville)

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Sounds good to me. I just need your flight info and such so I know at which gate to meet you guys.

Mr.Kwiggle

smh...unfortunately some family issues came up so I can no longer participate. I will definitely watch the stream if there is 1 though. Was really looking forward to gong.

Gill Hustle

Quick thing.

Hey gang I'm not one to ask for too many favor but I kinda need some help here.

Due to the fact that characters need to be unlocked, I'm not sure if I'll have enough systems with the full cast ready.

So I'm doing what I can on my end but I want to know of any players, who will have systems on hand that can help out.

We're gonna be running the games off monitors so Hdmi capable systems or removable HDs would be a BIG help.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
DOA5 Tag Pair Play Tournament:
1. EMP FSD (EMP Rodnutz & Mr. Wah)
2. Dragon Hustle (BP Dragon & Gill Hustle)
3. Broadcast Partners (Noric Ninja & Dr. Teeth)
4. Team Yellow (Maia & H2OEvil)
5. Scrub-a-dub (Final Fever & Friend)
5. The MFGA (MFGA Rocwing & MFGA Silent King)
7. Team Maxout (Maxout & Friend)

DOA5 Singles:
1. Mr. Wah
2. Maia
3. H2O Evil
4. EMP Rodnutz
5. Nordic Ninja
5. Mostinfamous
7. MFGA Rocwing
7. Final Fever
9. Dr. Teeth
9. Harm
9. MFGA Silent King
9. Maxout
13. Gill Hustle
13. BP Dragon

H2OEvil

Winner Finals in DOA5 Singles at GUTS

H2OEvil Vs. Maia

Loser Finals in DOA5 Singles at GUTS

H2OEvil Vs. Mr. Wah

Grand Finals in DOA5 Singles at GUTS

Maia Vs. Mr. Wah

Winner Finals in DOA5 Tag at GUTS

Dragon Hustle (BP Dragon & Gill Hustle) Vs. EMP FSD (EMP Rodnutz & Mr. Wah)

Loser Finals in DOA5 Tag at GUTS

Broadcast Partners (Noric Ninja & Dr. Teeth) Vs. EMP FSD (EMP Rodnutz & Mr. Wah)

H2OEvil

Grand Finals in DOA5 Tag at GUTS

Dragon Hustle (BP Dragon & Gill Hustle) Vs. EMP FSD (EMP Rodnutz & Mr. Wah)

Thank you Mr. Wah For providing the youtube Vids and Twitch.tv/8088 and GUTS for the streaming!!

N0rdicNinja

Shout outs time!
  • To Gil of course for making the whole thing possible, I had a blast man, fantastic weekend! I'll try to make sure it's not my only visit to Boston!
  • To Mr Wah for making the trip with me, your presence helps to bring legitimacy to any event and you're fantastic at showing the game off to all the non-DoA players who were showing interest in the game. And you also teach the rest of us a thing or two. =P
  • To Dr Teeth, LONG LIVE TEAM BROADCAST PARTNERS! Thanks for the ride to/from the airport, it is much appreciated. And I felt we did pretty well, both as commentators and tag partners. We shall have to continue stomping faces, and talking about stomping faces, together in the future!
  • To Miss Maia, best match I've ever had in anything ever! The match where you knocked me into losers... I swear that took a solid 30 minutes to complete. Never had such a close fight with someone before, EVER! You deserve your 2nd place finish, well played!
  • To both Rodnutz and H2OEvil, thank you guys for stomping me something proper in casuals. You guys really helped me to see where my holes were and what my bad habits are. You're both top notch and provided me with experience in what I feel are some of my worst match ups. Look forward to going at it again!
  • And of course to everyone who made the trip! Without people showing up it would all be for not. You all are awesome!

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Slight correction Wah, Nordic and I didn't face Gill and Dragon in loser's finals, we faced you and Rodnutz.

And NN, absolutely. We'll need to do some online practicing for NEC. Team Broadcast Partners are in it to win it!

I had a blast at the event, so thanks to Gill for putting it all together. Pair play tag is so much more fun than singles, so I hope that there are many more of these tournaments in the future. Thanks to NN and Mr. Wah for coming all the way up from Virginia and letting me crash in your room for a night, and thanks to everyone else who showed up to support the scene!

Gill Hustle

I told you guys a few times, but yeah thanx for ALL your help specifically for helping a lot of the other members of the MA Fighters Community (MFC!) learn how to play DOA as I was running around like a mad for GUTS.

I'm only saddened that I didn't have more time to play with everyone let alone much DOA5 this week. My 3.1 basics got me through tag, but I wish I didn't have to drop out of singles. That was my fault for not putting Final Fever in the brackets so it was only fair.

Nordic, thanks for playing that match over for him. Even though the result was the same, that was really sporting of you.

People have been PM'ing me on facebook and texting me about coming out to UGS to play some DOA! So even though the tourney wasn't as big as we would have liked I believe we did a lot!

Thanx again.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
smh...unfortunately some family issues came up so I can no longer participate. I will definitely watch the stream if there is 1 though. Was really looking forward to gong.
ill be in the house

I may need a spot to crash though

Wish you guys were able to come, would have loved playing with you guys again and showing all the other new players how to play the game.

INFAMESS

Man those finals were pretty hype! Had a lot of fun with you guys, and I appreciate those who traveled quite a distance to participate. Also much respect for Gill running the tourney, but also for providing a spot to play DOA in MA!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD