[Sep 28, 2012] Season's Beatings: Ascension (Cleveland, OH)

Ghaleon

Godlike Entertainment presents:
XabiyrWboxH4kOsCgw_CabRoUqmAxbk0JKumsIS50lPH3UKkbhTVQvtEKX5aDhWjSAd1CCfJoJWvDq61Lc_DJnUSp6kQbwvxKbQkuxA9BRTVe-6Nils

Season’s Beatings: The Mecca of Marvel and Origin of Brokentier IFC Yipes' “IT’S MAHVEL BABY!” Now in our sixth year of All-Star players and Dream-Team Special Events, for 2012, Godlike Entertainment - Chris Hatala (Ghaleon) and Harmon Tam (nomrah) – brings you Season’s Beatings: Ascension, featuring:

*DOA5 Director Yohei Shimbori will be in attendance for audience Q&A and more!
*U.S. vs. The World (Marvel vs. Capcom 3, 5-on-5 Special Exhibition)
*FGC “All-Star” roster of tournament talent and star power, across all games
*Special events and guests as we confirm them
*Free Season’s Beatings shirt and SBa dogtag for paid competitors
*Giant tournament and casuals areas
*Cleveland hotspots to eat and drink

Pre-Registeration is LIVE at godlike-entertainment.com ! Registering on-site on tournament weekend means NO free shirt and HIGHER venue fee, so please pre-reg! We're saving you $$ and rewarding you for it!

IT HAS BEGUN: A new chapter opens in FGC history as we rise from the ashes of our beginnings and ascend to stratospheric heights, with a new venue and more epic events.

Stream Graphics/SB Imagery by Seth Mussey -- since 2010!

“Kumite is for the fighters, not the people who read newspapers.” – Frank W. Dux, Bloodsport

Despite the upgrades, we remain rooted in what we’ve always valued: a tournament. It's a kumite starring everyone, from traveled world warriors to local living room champions, all traveling to Ohio to witness and be a part of history and to show their competitor’s heart.

SB will never be about carnival gimmicks, pats on the back or photo opportunities for ourselves. Since 2006, we’ve simply strived to bring you the one of the world’s best arenas to square off against friends and rivals alike, alongside godlike special events and an unmatched atmosphere. And as long as you enjoy it, we’ll keep doing it. Now, prepare to FIGHT!
_xiYG_vVOq-UndN2BbknE1iuPUHjckdQPW5AQvaBauD6i2QZGKIYcKArHeAQtBAW2fyr0qkEM9xOnYCPr9LCXXhx5CV3w0yP0T33yYAxGsXeh5jlONQ

Twitter: @gdlkEnt(event hashtag: #SBa)

YouTube:SeasonsBeatingsGDLK (relive SB’s greatest hits from FGC All-Stars like MCZ Daigo, WW.MCZ Infiltration, WW.MCZ Laugh, Poongko, Uryo, EG Momochi, EG Choco, MCZ Tokido, MCZ Mago, CoL.CC Filipino Champ, PR Balrog, EG Justin Wong. BT IFC Yipes, Flocker, and so many more)
MuvVioksHwN-8PsDYybeXT60KDL_fCyJbE9lzwKO_ni8M3MkdYFTmEFiG-9M0DYZqP_CiGJamhQ0Qq-NwwVJtOv9Hk2k8re3oLZ3b7nDd0m2kMhvUKI

PcRV5WqkMPU0hFDCm_c-B6Z4Z8E63kQuYELADGwYiICgdhuauZezPqowsDsnrOMkuqgU3qqBV7VbUoSGnCLd_cbfDFx-KqNUjrVv-b5qUrfb4SVP680

Wish to have your organization featured on-site or in front of a millions-strong viewership?

Contact us at askgodlike@gmail.com

When and Where:

Friday, Sept. 28, through Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012

Holiday Inn – Cleveland (S. Independence)

6001 Rockside Road, Independence, Ohio 44131

$89/night -- Book online (room block secured)or call: 1.800.315.2621 -http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/redire...Code=1&hotelCode=CLEIN&_PMID=99801505&GPC=SEA

i4BYdQIoQcHc5wIpe4Srtc5sE3tRlVEQLflWr_8x3JEidymkqGecsUZfYF1TcoxTMzwpSvLihDLE9cxiF8yyu5QD6kip2Aujz3HatWNEweqSrgStlkM

With Season’s Beatings through the years, we watched uncountable legendary moments transpire at our famous venue, Momo2. From our Undisputed Heavyweight Marvel vs. Capcom 2 showdowns, to the Daigo-in-Ohio invasions of 2009 and 2010, to last year’s creative and unprecedented Good vs. Evil Phoenix 5v5 at SB:Velocity, we (so many SB participants) have built a lifetime’s worth of memories at that beloved, unique venue.

Unfortunately, as of 2012, Godlike Entertainment must look to the future as Momo2 announced its closing as of August. Momo2 gave us an amazing six years; it was synonymous with our event.

But the heart of SB is YOU, the players who travel from around the world to experience the riotous, uberhype SB atmosphere, and the way we run our event will not change. We’ll miss our old home, but we look forward to bringing you the SB experience with upgraded surroundings:

*8,500 sq. feet of space

*In-venue food and adult beverage lounge, open until 2 a.m.

*Across the street from some of a major U.S. city’s mostfamous andhottest hangouts, offering award-winning sandwiches and hundreds of beers, even with on-request shuttle service to drive you back to your hotel.

*Indoor pool, sauna

How much?

For competitors: $35 +additional cost per game, pre-registration/pre-payment only

FREE SEASON’S BEATINGS T-SHIRT AND SBa DOGTAG for pre-registering as a competitor! Why? Because SB is and will always be a tournament, featuring the world’s best and hungriest talent, and we want to and reward everyone for supporting us and the FGC, from Justin Wong to Johnny Donuts.

For spectators: $20 enables to watch tournament matches and play casuals. The shirt will not be available for purchase; man up, play your favorite game(s), be a part of SB history!
IboiCiNZokzm766Fjo-V8qBaAzJMiTm4Y1oAbsCBKBbbaP6jKHo6W3gnpvFregAJW8UwdwJZn8-am6mEu-LZShPc0pFnF0cp9gkgTOR1rOohp6BR-JA

We would love to host media!

Please contact us at askgodlike@gmail.com for details.

Schedule and Official Games List:

Friday afternoon pools:

--Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360) -- $20

--Soul Calibur V (PS3) -- $10

--Persona 4 Arena (PS3) -- $10

Saturday pools:
--Dead or Alive 5 (Xbox 360) -- $10

--Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Ed. ver. 2012 (Xbox 360) -- $20

--King of Fighters XIII (Xbox 360) -- $10

--Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) -- $20

--Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)-- $10

--Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Arcade Head-to-Head or Supergun) -- $20

Sunday: Finals!

**Rules:**

All official HD tournament games will run on Asus monitors.

Evo standard rules across all games (including no wireless pads w/o a USB dongle). Also:

-MvC3: 3/5 matches throughout, 4/7 for Grand Finals.

-SCV, TTT2: 3/5 rounds per match, 2 match wins to advance

-Super Turbo: 3/5 matches throughout, 4/7 for Grand Finals.
ALL side games or Unofficial Team Tournaments are NOT GUARANTEED to finish in the kumite area. As a Tournament Organizer you will be responsible for the players MONEY and relocation (hotel rooms being an option) of these tournaments -- MAIN games take priority due to time or resources. We have very little leeway in scheduling.
UMimhK08m4z_I9OVDqh_k37U5CtK-gFmZvZZ7ZXiUFvzarxHvpVsD-ky_QdjILrrS4dvlBjTyO2rJQ1mk-XN7tstwY2sV4gJcW5jElgukA0mYhn7Co4

Many, many more details to come, regarding media, production, online content, and top guests in all games. We look forward to directly engaging YOU, the players spending hard-earned money to come to our event!

For now, post up or contact Chris or Harmon through email (askgodlike@gmail.com), PM, Facebook page, or Twitter (@gdlkEnt) with questions/feedback/advice. SRK PM is NOT the most efficient way to get ahold of us because of how quickly our inboxes fill!

Thank you for supporting Season's Beatings year after year and keeping it one of the world's largest -- and still grassroots -- Fighting-Game Community events.

Ghaleon

We are going to have multiple streams setup, so we will definitely will have the ability to get it on stream. Still trying to nail down all of the schedule once we do we will be able to pinpoint exactly how our stream schedule will pan out.

DrDogg

We are going to have multiple streams setup, so we will definitely will have the ability to get it on stream. Still trying to nail down all of the schedule once we do we will be able to pinpoint exactly how our stream schedule will pan out.

Please keep us updated. As a brand new game it'd be nice to see at least top 8 (top 4?) on the main stream. Even if it's early Sunday morning.

Ghaleon

DOA will be streamed, both in pool play and at least Top 4. I got to talk to Team Ninja's creative director, thanks to Perfect Legend, just this week and that's the main reason we added DOA5 to the official games -- I REALLY liked what he had to say about the game, regardless of whether Tecmo officially supports SBa or not!

Very excited to see DOA in action at SB. Remember too it'll also be at Summer Jam 6, check it out there and get ready for SB.

Team Ninja wants DOA to last as a fighter, so please come out and show your support at one of the world's top fighting-game experiences.

Ghaleon

Anything we can do for you guys or your community, including Facebook groups we should use to get the word and things, please let us know. Carl (PLegend) has been telling me for years what a great series DOA is. We'd have a few small DOA tournies at Season's Beatings before, but this is DOA's time to shine. DOA will be three days old for SBa so we're doing everything we can to help it make a huge splash.

RyuJin

Do we know what time SCV starts on Friday? I'm trying to play SCV, TTT2, and DOA5 (I don't see VF5FS /cry) I can't get that Friday off and the earliest I think I can make it would be around 5-8 PM. If I can get off work early I'll be there closer to 5PM.

Ghaleon

RyuJin, glad you're interested! NO game starts before 6 p.m. on Friday. Second wave of SC5 pools start at 9 p.m.
We'll post the official schedule everywhere very soon. With DOA5 added I think we can set our rough-draft schedule in stone.

Like I said guys, we are talking to Tecmo about what they can do for us, seeing as how SBa is 3 days after launch. They were very interested that SB is a very hardcore tournament bringing together the best of the best (9 countries, 38 states I believe last year were present) for the love of competittion, with a minimum of gimmicky stuff there just to fill up a ballroom with casuals. In fact he told me he loved the piece I wrote here that got a fair amount of FGC attention about why we keep doing SB and why the negative coverage we've received this year has been predicated on BS.

We're excited to make DOA a headlining piece of SBa, and if some of what we've already talked about with Tecmo comes true, we all win. At minimum we promise to deliver you a well-run, hype, streamed DOA event. PerfectLegend is REALLY excited too and doing all he can with us to get this niiiice.

RyuJin

Thanks Ghaleon. I'll try to make it in time but I'm not going to get off work early. Summer hours will be over with in Sep. so I'll have to leave work at my normal time of 4PM. If I have people riding with I will not be able to get on the road until about 5PM which would get me there about 8-9 PM depending on traffic.

Ghaleon

Hey, we have a question for everyone. Season's Beatings is 3 days after DOA5 launch, so obviously it's its first major. We're SUPER hype to work with PerfectLegend on this, and Team Ninja's creative director has been VERY positive about getting us official support, soon.

We are thinking of making DOA5 $5 entry instead of $10 because we just don't think a ton of people will pre-reg for DOA without playing it. I think $5 is more appropriate for a brand-new game that has been out of the competitive scene for years.

What do you guys think about the change? Basically we want the biggest pot AND the most people playing as possible. I think $5 entry would get a bigger pot than $10 TBH from my long-time experience as a director and knowing player tastes.

I posted this on the Competitive DOA Players group on Facebook as well. Please ask other serious and casual players to get some opinions for us on this. We just want the biggest pot but also the most people to try the game, too. For me, if I thought the game looked cool but didn't play it seriously if it was brand new, I would probably try it at $5 at a major if I only playing one other game, just to have another thing to try out, but I don't think a new player would for $10. Thanks.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just going to post what I posted on SRK over here:

If you cut it in half you end up hurting the pot more. So let's say 20 people show up at $10 a piece, then you have $200. But if you cut that in half to $5 you not only are discrediting the game by advertising it as "not as worthy as our other games", but now you have the pot prize at $100 and you would need 20 more casual players who may or may not take the game seriously just to get back up to the original prize of $200.

Tenren

really wish i had the money to head out there. If i still lived in the midwest it be way easier to drive lol. Maybe I can save up some cash for the ticket to fly. This is a good thing tho. Hopefully Cali majors will see this and pic it up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD