[Sep 28, 2012] Season's Beatings: Ascension (Cleveland, OH)

DyByHands

I may try to make this. Im pretty casual but really want to start getting into the scene. Cleveland is a little ways from where Im at in Indiana... But, I am going to try and make it there.

DrDogg

Yeah, I agree with leaving it at $10. Enough people should want to play because it's new and they think than can win. I don't think dropping it to $5 would entice more people than the amount of money you'd lose from the pot.

DyByHands

OK, I'm new to this whole idea of Tournaments, so please bear with me here.

If theres 1 competitor (35$) and 1 spectator (20$) plus 10$ for the competitors spot in DOA, that will be 65$ for two people to hang out at the venue, play casuals and for the 1 to be in the tourney, right? I'm not asking for my math to be checked, I just want to be correct with how its set up.

And, going off of the main topic post, DOA5 will just be Saturday (pools) and Sunday (finals)? Will casuals be going whenever or just certain times? I am trying to make this my first tourney meet, though once I factor in gas and hotel/motel I may be pushed out. That time frame in September will be tight on the wallet.

Thanks in advance for any info.

OmG iTz Andre

OK, I'm new to this whole idea of Tournaments, so please bear with me here.

If theres 1 competitor (35$) and 1 spectator (20$) plus 10$ for the competitors spot in DOA, that will be 65$ for two people to hang out at the venue, play casuals and for the 1 to be in the tourney, right? I'm not asking for my math to be checked, I just want to be correct with how its set up.

And, going off of the main topic post, DOA5 will just be Saturday (pools) and Sunday (finals)? Will casuals be going whenever or just certain times? I am trying to make this my first tourney meet, though once I factor in gas and hotel/motel I may be pushed out. That time frame in September will be tight on the wallet.

Thanks in advance for any info.

That is correct! The badges are for the weekend but keep in mind that only the competitor will get a Tshirt and they will not be on sale. And im sure casuals will be all 3 days but pools are satruday and sunday iirc with sunday being finals..Top 4 will be streamed on the main stream provided by team spooky..Why not bring people to cut down on costs

Steady G

Hmmm... This event sounds interesting.. Im going to try my best to attend this event! There are no promises though.. Going for DOA5 but I am also interest in seeing UMvC3, SC5, P4A, and MK9.. I think this event is going to HECTIC! :cool:

DR2K

Anyone in Htown or anywhere in between want to road trip? It would be $500 in gas to and back. Let me check air fare. . .

TakedaZX

Dam. I should've just gone to GVN, it was way closer, and it's still out of the way... but Idk, maybe I can get a bit of cash before this goes down. So if we want to compete, we have to pay 35? and 10 on top of it?

Ghaleon

Yes, it costs a lot (thousands of dollars) to run grassroots events like SBa and provide competitors with a free shirt and dogtag, so that's what a venue fee is for, and each tournament game has a pot defined by how many players enter it (the per-game fee)

TakedaZX

Yes, it costs a lot (thousands of dollars) to run grassroots events like SBa and provide competitors with a free shirt and dogtag, so that's what a venue fee is for, and each tournament game has a pot defined by how many players enter it (the per-game fee)
Seems legit. But I don't have a couple of hundred dollars to spend on a hotel, and a plane ticket... yet. I guess I'lll catch the next one hopefully.

Ghaleon

Understandable, we know it's hard for players to travel, esp with so many tournaments there days. That's why we try to really put some special things together that keep players coming to Season's Beatings year after year from all around the country and now the globe. Hope everyone can make it for DOA5 but hey, if not, it's cool -- just support your game at major events -- if it gets good numbers, I feel like it can make EVO next year.

TakedaZX

Understandable, we know it's hard for players to travel, esp with so many tournaments there days. That's why we try to really put some special things together that keep players coming to Season's Beatings year after year from all around the country and now the globe. Hope everyone can make it for DOA5 but hey, if not, it's cool -- just support your game at major events -- if it gets good numbers, I feel like it can make EVO next year.
Yea I mean, If I could get work days 5 each week for the next 3-4 weeks, I'd have far more than enough for all the expenses, but I guess I'll just have to just wait and see. I'll be watching the stream though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD