[Sep 28, 2012] Season's Beatings: Ascension (Cleveland, OH)

Madian

IF anyone would like housing For this event i live 10 mins away..Prob gonna take the bus since its like one or two bus ride away. Let me know.!

*If* I can get some cash together to make it to this event I might take you up on that. =)

I'm intending on making this if I can

Kevo

Might be attending. I live about a half hour away from Cleveland. This would be my first ever tournament. I don't really know anyone though and it wouldn't be much fun to go alone.

DrDogg

Might be attending. I live about a half hour away from Cleveland. This would be my first ever tournament. I don't really know anyone though and it wouldn't be much fun to go alone.

You'll meet people, trust me. Just don't be afraid to introduce yourself to the other DOA players. I think Rikuto is the only one that bites.

Ghaleon

lol yeah it's easy to meet players. Part of why the FGC is so special is that people are used to traveling to compete at fighting games, so the playerbase is (overall) friendly and extroverted.

Don't be afraid to say "Hey, what's up?" to random people you're people playing, or when you're playing, after a set talk about the match a little, that's enough to start a conversation.

CLE also has a pretty large local playerbase, so you should check out ConsoleCombat.net and come to our monthlies too -- there's one this Sunday, as a pre-SBa warmup.

Chunblue

The fun you have is what you make it out to be, especially at events like these where you might not know many people. I've found that when I've went to various tourney's by myself and not knowing anyone I always took the time to be outgoing and meet new people.

As Ghaleon just said, we here in Cleveland run monthlies, so if you are able to make it, hit the website up for the info and stop on by and introduce yourself, you'll meet a lot of cool peeps.

Kevo

lol yeah it's easy to meet players. Part of why the FGC is so special is that people are used to traveling to compete at fighting games, so the playerbase is (overall) friendly and extroverted.

Don't be afraid to say "Hey, what's up?" to random people you're people playing, or when you're playing, after a set talk about the match a little, that's enough to start a conversation.

CLE also has a pretty large local playerbase, so you should check out ConsoleCombat.net and come to our monthlies too -- there's one this Sunday, as a pre-SBa warmup.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that

Scornwell

Hey, I live about the same distance too, just in the other direction, heh. You know anyone else in the area that plans to go? I'd love to trade contact info with some local players...

chocogerman777

Why aren't the Akira,Sarah and Gen-Fu unlocked??..
Edit:The stream set-up was using the wrong profile..

Anyway..how many people entered the tournament?

Berzerk!

So I found it way easier to find the results on SRK than here?!
http://shoryuken.com/2012/09/30/seasons-beatings-ascension-stream-and-coverage-hub/

Dead or Alive 5

1. Perfect Legend (Hayate, Ayane, Gen Fu, Jann lee)
2. X|Shin Ryujin (Janne Lee)
3. NinjaCW (Tina, Ayane)
4. Sloppy 50 5000 (Bass)
Grand Finals

Perfect Legend (Hayate, Jann Lee) vs. X|Shin Ryujin (Jann Lee) – 3-1
Losers Finals

NinjaCW (Tina) vs. X|Shin Ryujin (Jann Lee) – 1-3
Winners Finals

Perfect Legend (Gen Fu, Ayane) vs. X|Shin Ryujin (Jann Lee) – 3-1
Losers Semi-finals

Sloppy 50 5000 (Bass) vs. NinjaCW (Tina) – 1-3

Berzerk!

Hey no criticism on the front page - it's hard to attend and report at the same time. I figured somebody would have at least reported to the thread.

That said I'd be fine with a text posting and match vids later

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I know you guys are looking for some matches or HLP (High Level Play) to help you out. Here's a playlist I put together for the Finals of Season's Beatings. I'll probably be adding more of the qualifiers and such to the same playlist at a later time.

You can see in the Grand Finals Ryujin utilizing Fuzzy Guarding on safe attacks, and both players utilizing the backdashing system to allow for quicker movement and spacing.

Playlist here.

Winners Finals

Losers Finals

Grand Finals

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD