Shit We Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

synce

Hey Alpha had a CB setup like that in the final game, although someone snitched and TN took it out in 1.03 ... That build looks really fun though, I'd still be playing if the game was like that.

DR2K

People are bitching at Team Ninja on Twitter for hair styles and getting them. I think if enough of us point to this and say "This is better than what we got and we want it back" we might get something better than what DOA5U is shaping out to be.
Yup, but they already know what Americans want, but they have too compromise with what jp players want as well.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The Japanese are coming around from what I last heard. Asking for more guaranteed damage situations and frame traps for 5U. Don't know to what extent the number of players asking, but just know that I heard some of the competitive players over there have been asking for similar things the west has as well.

TRI Mike

I'm extremely worried about losing my frame traps, they've become really important in my gameplay especially since three of my characters: Tina, Helena and Busa are slow and stiff as fuck. Busa already lost 4PK and 3H+K from what I heard and I don't like that AT ALL.

And now, for all the shit I've given TN about it, I think I'm now in peace with the fact that the threshold won't get shorter. I'm not using it anyway and since then I've started to win more and get held less. It's nice.

NukNuks

All those CB setups are extremely mindlessly easy to do and only take about 1-2 hits to get a guaranteed CB that takes 1/3 of the lifebar? I'm glad that shits gone.

NukNuks

Translation: I don't want to learn how to improve my neutral game. Please don't take away my 5 guesses in stun.
3-4 for a guaranteed CB makes more sense to me. 1-2 is just too friendly and too easy. Especially for beginners. If someone could please explain to me why 1-2 hits for easy guaranteed damage is better for our game then that'd be great.

Raansu

3-4 for a guaranteed CB makes more sense to me. 1-2 is just too friendly and too easy. Especially for beginners. If someone could please explain to me why 1-2 hits for easy guaranteed damage is better for our game then that'd be great.

Then learn how to defend better? It's better for the game because there is less guessing involved and it makes people actually fucking care about blocking and learning how to defend better. It makes the neutral game that much more important than the "oh look I'm stunned, whatever I can still just hold out of it and completely stop their offense because ya know, it takes 5 guesses before I have to worry about anything."

Naturally NH low stuns in generally would have to be toned down which imo should happen anyways since I feel lows should never have deep NH stuns and at most either trip or do what Hitomi's sweeps do.

Argentus

I agree with Raansu 100%. Lower the CB threshold, decrease the life bar, and all of the sudden people start acting smart in fights and quit spamming the damn hold button.

And instead spam the attack(s) that leads to guaranteed damage. All this does is reverse things. Now all the attacker has to do is keep guessing his attacks because fuck it, as long as one lands, they can do their guaranteed damage off that.

It doesnt make the game deeper smarter or better, it just switches the guessing from defense to offense.

For the record, I'm for it because it just makes aggressive players more reckless amd predictable, making them easier to catch with holds lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD