Skulls of the Shogun

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Is anyone looking forward to this game? Drops this Wednesday on Windows 8/RT, Windows Phone 8, and XBLA. I plan on getting it for WP8 and Windows 8 and it'd be pretty cool to have some other folks grab it. A simple Google search will turn up a lot of info about it, but the short version is that it's a turn-based SRPG with a pretty sweet new-ish movement system that ISN'T grid-based and features cross-platform, asynchronous multiplayer. It'll essentially be fancy chess with undead Japanese soldiers and samurai as your units with some fancier RPG trappings layered on top. It'll also allow for long games and life getting in the way thanks to the asynchronous play. Think Words with Friends or some chess games and you have the right idea.

So anyone else grabbing it? It's on sale on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 during the launch period, though the XBLA is gonna be 1200MSP regardless.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Nobody? I'm disappointed. Figured at least some of my chess playing friends would be interested. Sad news.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Bumping this one final time in hopes that SOMEBODY else picks this up. It dropped early for Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT, so I bought it on both of those. If you buy it, add me on Live and shoot me a game invite. The game is completely awesome and you really should all be playing it. Ahem.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You do have an Xbox though. Its amazing and everyone should try it if they can.

bingsoo

I saw how this plays and was about to get it.. but I don't have any of the available platforms..

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Damnit! Lol you all need to get something Microsoft makes!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I saw it on the marketplace last night but it's more points than what are in my account.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD