Soul Calibur Thread

Radiance

Some pretty good matches from the Soul Calibur community. Soul charge isn't the traditional soul charge from previous games. Seems to give more attack/combo options as well as a knock back effect. Guard Impacts parry throws again, but I don't like that slow down effect; it slows down the match imo. Maybe it's help beginners or player with slower reactions.

They gave Mitsu more mobility and stance transition options. He actually looks pretty good in this game. Sophitia has more gimmicky wavedash options now is exciting. Pretty cute how her ponytail comes apart during matches. Pyrrha omega was probably my favorite rendition of sophita because of her wall combo damage.

Radiance

Eh I wouldn't mind it, but with the slow mo effect and just impacts, player will be able to confirm full CH combos similar to SFV crush counter into V-trigger. I miss the days when players had to have reactions.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
New round of leaks/rumors by the guy who leaked stuff that was confirmed to be true in the past:

Yunseong...noooo...I knew it...
10_crying_image_4.gif

And just 22 characters would definitely suck!

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

I feel Setsuka won't come back.
I mean they got rid of the best Tekken character (Zafina), now probably Setsuka. Great taste.

Maxi's gay lover makes me curious. Could be a great step for the representation of homosexuals in the video game community.. or not. Those Japanese have big stereotypes.

22 characters... ewww... will all fighting games take the same road? A light roster with plenty of DLCs to flesh it out and make profit?

Jadeinchains

New round of leaks/rumors by the guy who leaked stuff that was confirmed to be true in the past:

Yunseong...noooo...I knew it...

10_crying_image_4.gif

And just 22 characters would definitely suck!

Oh hey Dynasty is who I always watched back when It was MKX, That's who I got all my info for that from. And yeah I'd seen some of this on 8WayRun already, The whole the roster will be 22 characters with 6 later on as dlc but this info being a month old so who knows... Also I really hope the guest isn't that one piece character... cause I have no interest in him. Also yep Maxi being gay is pretty much 100% confirmed at this point. Not shocking to me maybe it is to others but I always thought he was since like SC4 anyway.

and so one of the dlc characters will be a female guest character? And yeah...sorry about Yun seong...

@KwonJigglypuff and yeah Kwon It makes me suspicious with it being only 22 characters and then 6 dlc characters...I really hope they don't hold off huge characters like Talim for dlc, I doubt it and she might not be one of my faves but she's lots of peoples faves so that would suck for them. I'm hoping for Setsuka too.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also yep Maxi being gay is pretty much 100% confirmed at this point. Not shocking to me maybe it is to others but I always thought he was since like SC4 anyway.

I'm now really interested how they are going to handle that...
By the way, you said before that you thought Maxi was gay all along...why? XD

And yeah...sorry about Yun seong...

giphy.gif

Jadeinchains

I'm now really interested how they are going to handle that...
By the way, you said before that you thought Maxi was gay all along...why? XD

giphy.gif

LOL! Well I am sorry lmao. XD

Also yeah in terms of how they are going to handle it... I have no hopes for them handling it well tbh, I'm not really expecting or hoping for anything more than a quick mention he's gay and nothing more If even that. And lol, How could I tell he was gay? I just always thought it was obvious lol like I could see what they were going for...Does that make any sense lol? Probably not but basically the attitude etc I could tell.

Also when It comes to them having dlc characters ready. ( Which makes me imagine that they could just be added to the finished game but are deliberately holding them back to sell for money later which annoys me ) First of all...they better be no more than £5 individually.. and second of all If they expect me to buy any of them they need to be good characters, Not bloody Rock or some crap lol.

With MKX I literally bought 1 dlc character ( Tanya yasss queen ) because the other 500 were guest characters ( taking the spots of actual MK characters that should have been in like Jade! ) and boring characters that I didn't care about.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Zoro could potentially be cool...

One-Piece-Pirate-Warriors-3_2015_01-16-15_006.jpg

I wonder if they would realize him as visually very stylized, since he comes from a manga/anime, like Algol Fear in SC4...

sc4_large_1.jpg

...or if he would visually be fitting to the others characters.

LOL! Well I am sorry lmao. XD

You will be sorry anyway. Remember Hwang's terrible design in SC1:

hwang-fl.jpg

I find it genuinely ugly and mismatched...and what kind of stupid top is that supposed to be?

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Zoro could potentially be cool...

One-Piece-Pirate-Warriors-3_2015_01-16-15_006.jpg

I wonder if they would realize him as visually very stylized, since he comes from a manga/anime, like Algol Fear in SC4...

sc4_large_1.jpg

...or if he would visually be fitting to the others characters.

You will be sorry anyway. Remember Hwang's terrible design in SC1:

hwang-fl.jpg

I find it genuinely ugly and mismatched...and what kind of stupid top is that supposed to be?

That top...
tenor.gif

Umm...Let's hope that If he gets in that top is gone with the redesign.

And yeah I actually was just saying on 8WR If that Zoro guy got in would he look similar to Angol Fear because he's from a manga/anime? Or would they give him the Soul Calibur art style so that he fit into it more, I guess we'd have to wait and see.

Jadeinchains

I wonder if the characters will even get an alternate outfit like it is tradition in SC... probably not, right? :/

Surely they will, That would be really strange If they didn't even get an alternate outfit. I'm definitely expecting for there to be alternate outfits for the characters.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Surely they will, That would be really strange If they didn't even get an alternate outfit. I'm definitely expecting for there to be alternate outfits for the characters.

I don't think that would be strange at all. Bandai Namco's obvious cheapness and laziness, as well as the fact that characters acually got recolored costumes in the preview footage, seems to suggest they scrapped real alternate costumes. They can also point to the create a soul mode where you can give each character a second, unique look anway. (Lol, I can already see that being their official excuse.)
I would however love to be positively surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

I don't think that would be strange at all. Bandai Namco's obvious cheapness and lazyness, as well as the fact that characters acually got recolored costumes in the preview footage, seems to suggest they scrapped real alternate costumes. They can also point to the create a soul mode where you can give each character a second, unique look anway. (Lol, I can already see that being their official excuse.)
I would however love to be positively surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

...I will be so annoyed If they don't get alternate costumes in the game and just use the CAS mode as an excuse. I was like to make extra costumes for characters in cas but I'd expect them to have a real alternate outfit in game. And yeah I saw the recolors in the demo..I'm hoping though that was just for the demo that they have recolors because they either don't want to reveal the alternate outfits right now and/or they haven't completed them yet.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Maxi being gay doesn’t surprise me at all to be honest, I’m still happy they’re making the roster more diverse in that manner.

Cervantes being DLC ? That has to be a joke. It would be very weird to make a character that has been in past games paid DLC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD