Soul Calibur Thread

Macca Beam

I don't think there's anywhere else for the graphics to go. They're already pushing it with meme ue4 particles. I don't need to see another series ruined by dirt, sweat and red dirt. It's better to avoid overly detailed skin textures as they always look uncanny as shit, so the only things you can reasonably upgrade are clothing and environments. Well, we'll see what it's like once the DoF can be turned off.

I was expecting another round of model changes though, but they got lazy on that. Duckface Sophitia and down syndromed Talim have always been huge downgrades compared to the III models and I was hoping a new game would fix that (especially when they had all that time since 4).

Also I came across a Reversal Edge spam footage recently. It looked stupid, to say the least

Pn33milan

it happened twice to me.
- a laggy german Nightmare player that i have barely beaten. i still didn't know what to do to break the reversal edge's animation
- a fellow italian tira user that kept doing that on wake-up. as a result, i kept spamming A+B as he woke up. he didn't want a rematch XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm honestly excited to get the game so I can compare everything to Tekken xD I wanna compare any tekken hairstyles that are remotely similar to SC's and I also wanna compare game models as well for fun so I can see how different the games are up close. And Yeah I agree, SC doesn't need too much, it already has water physics and costume rips and even hair can be sliced off! 0.o

And the faces have been that way since SC4 where the characters strangely only close their eyes and even sometimes smile when struck but then again besides cutscenes and such SC has always never put much detail into in battle dynamic face expressions, DOA6 definitely will beat it out in that department xD

just_me

Standard Donor
So it is Nightmare+ and not a Mimic… I guess.
They slapped all that Anime shit on him, but couldn't be bothered to give him a unique CE?

I guess having him not available for Ranked is fine if they deliberately made him OP… but not even in Lobbies seems kinda stupid. And I guess competitive players have to quickly evaluate if he should be banned or not…

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They may as well have just left him unplayable, that slot could have went to someone like Cassandra or Amy but they're being smart tho, they know who the most popular characters are so the ones they couldn't include on the base roster they're gonna make DLC since they know that'll sell like hotcakes

Pn33milan

That's basically what i think too.
They clearly had to spare some popular ones for dlc, like Tira.
I wouldn't have clearly felt that hyped if we had ended up with Rock or stuff like that as dlc -_-

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
To me he feels more like his SC2 self rather than his SC1 counterpart. I saw some of his SC2 strikes, that izuna drop being one of them.

but couldn't be bothered to give him a unique CE?
They didn't even show his Critical Edge yet, just his Soul Charge. Relax, they probably just don't want to spoil it like the other ones yet l0l

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
That's basically what i think too.
They clearly had to spare some popular ones for dlc, like Tira.
I wouldn't have clearly felt that hyped if we had ended up with Rock or stuff like that as dlc -_-
Yeah just you wait, they're gonna go for the heavy hitters popularity wise xD Amy and Cassandra will definitely be DLC but they'll likely be the last few if they go by the Dissidia FF NT gameplan, like we all know Tifa will be in but they're being strategic by not just dropping her now xD

I don't mind tho, Amy is my favorite girl in the series so I'll buy her...wait if I bought the deluxe edition, that comes with the season pass right??

Pn33milan

The season pass contains all dlc characters, including Tira.

If i had to guess the 3 dlc characters, i would say definitely cassandra and hwang/yun seong.
But for the third spot, it's a fight between setsuka and amy.
I would definitely prefer Amy, but i think it's going to be hard against setsuka -_-

Kasumi-Phase-X

Who wants to see another customization video? But if you skip through certain segments you get to see Patterns, Stickers, Poses, & Backgrounds.

10:44 Patterns

13:26 Stickers

15:38 Poses

17:09 Backgrounds

Truth

I can see Cassandra being DLC only because they made Anna Williams DLC which was equally as ridiculous. The gaming industry is going to shit smh

Pn33milan

I know.
Sadly, it was either this, or stuff like rock and dampierre as dlc. And the hype goes into the abyss -_-

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I can see Cassandra being DLC only because they made Anna Williams DLC which was equally as ridiculous. The gaming industry is going to shit smh
Anna and Cassandra have nothing to do with each other tho, and how so? sC6 has stated a few times that they need support for this title so it makes sense for them to use the most popular characters as DLC to maximize profit, besides it doesn't matter, the same people complaining that Tira and Cassandra are DLC will be the same ones who buy the season pass to get her xD people like to front like they don't have the money to get a character as DLC which boggles my mind tbh if they can already get the game itself day one

Who wants to see another customization video? But if you skip through certain segments you get to see Patterns, Stickers, Poses, & Backgrounds.

10:44 Patterns

13:26 Stickers

15:38 Poses

17:09 Backgrounds

Jesus all those poses:oops: Also I died when he was like "Hmmmm I wonder how I can inflate my viewer count?" XD

Pn33milan

Personally, i don't mind buying some characters i like as dlc, if they are not really that popular or important to begin with.
If they put Amy as dlc, for example, i wouldn't complain and i'd buy her, because i know raphael is more important and she still struggles to put herself permanently in the SC roster.

having said that, i think cassandra should have been in the base roster. Even if i don't love her that much.
I understand keeping some popular characters out for the post-launch support, but i still think they could have added one last character to the base roster (Either cassandra or hwang) and still have enough popular dlc characters.

Unless they really wanted to have a round 20 characters roster at launch XD

Truth

Anna and Cassandra have nothing to do with each other tho, and how so? sC6 has stated a few times that they need support for this title so it makes sense for them to use the most popular characters as DLC to maximize profit, besides it doesn't matter, the same people complaining that Tira and Cassandra are DLC will be the same ones who buy the season pass to get her xD people like to front like they don't have the money to get a character as DLC which boggles my mind tbh if they can already get the game itself day one

Jesus all those poses:oops: Also I died when he was like "Hmmmm I wonder how I can inflate my viewer count?" XD
Well ofcourse now I can. When I was younger and didn’t have a debit card, dlcs used to bother me greatly. And they still do when it’s done like this

If you wanted to support the game after release, make new content like characters creation items, make a new story on libra of souls, don’t carve out content/characters of the main game.
Making legacy characters DLC is wrong and greedy. Why can’t you see they are pushing the envelope with every release trying to change the status quo, this year it’s 2/3 legacy characters are DLC. In 10 years time we will be buying games at full price for only 2 characters and the rest will be DLC. Because every year you will accept the bullshit narrative that games are just too expensive to make! At some point we have to put our foot down

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD