Soul Calibur Thread

human013

Had to keep reminding myself that holding back does not block. I went in playing it like the older SC games since I don't know the inputs for the new mechanics and the gameplay is solid. Moves were shifted around like Sieg's old B(6), however you write the input, is now his 5B I believe. Mitsu's 1B is gone and I wasn't able to see any of Nightmare's attacks out of his dash since I kept getting attacked.

I'm liking it but I'll buy it later after release. Unless I cave in and buy it for some reason.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm getting it day one since I got the deluxe preorder edition, I'm honestly really excited since I'm saving lots of money atm for this new provider(I've given up on waiting for dad's retirement check -_-) and I want to become a good high ranked Sophitia/Seung Mina and maybe even an Amy in the final game xD

Brute

Standard Donor
Waited 15 minutes to finally play a match that felt like a slideshow.

Can I get a refund for the opportunity cost, please?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Lot of people having issues getting matches. On Xbox I’m less than a minute between matches. I think people need to check their networking setup. Try public DNS, place your console into the DMZ, don’t have alternate MACs set, et al.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I'm having a lot fun with the beta so far. I get matches very consistently, so no problems there. Some of the matches are a little laggy at times, but smooth as well.

Last edited:

Radiance

Reversal Edge is annoying because it doesn't consume any meter and everyone is abusing it like crazy ALL GAME lmaooooo it's jarring but it's beatable. Just takes a few games to figure that bullshit out xD

I don't like how it currently is truthfully but thankfully it doesn't take away from SC6 for me.

Reverse Edge comes out really slow. You can react to it with a sidestep and punish.

Leifang

After playing Soul Calibur 6, I must say the game is very fun. I will admit its gonna take some time for me to get used to. I haven’t played as Xianghua in ten years. So I’m very rusty with her. My first complaint, I wish they would of put training mode in the beta. My second complaint, I don’t like the fact customization mode mostly have about 95 percent of recycled costume pieces. Hopefully there will be more new stuff to unlock through story mode.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
After playing Soul Calibur 6, I must say the game is very fun. I will admit its gonna take some time for me to get used to. I haven’t played as Xianghua in ten years. So I’m very rusty with her. My first complaint, I wish they would of put training mode in the beta. My second complaint, I don’t like the fact customization mode mostly have about 95 percent of recycled costume pieces. Hopefully there will be more new stuff to unlock through story mode.
There will, I was on YT the last few days watching game play of character creation and it seems confirmed there will be more items to unlock xD iirc I saw some heels that aren't in the game from the start so hopefully it's a lot

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
So apparently Mitsurugi's 1A breaks armor now. I was laughing pretty hard cause I didn't expect it to. It wasn't in SCV. My reaction was like
qxvth6y60dn01.jpg

KnacKrover

I've test the game yesterday it was kinda fun to me since I happy to see custom creators returned! if Bandai765 wants this series to be recognize a little better, I'll see if they're going to plan release other characters, I'll look forward in the future :)

Radiance

I have to study Reversal edge a little bit more. I see more beginners using it than experienced players and it's really easy to bait out. Either Sidestep or do a guard break. I'm pretty sure there's more options.

Here's some of my matches. Sorry about the quality. Have an HD capture card but I saved the vids to my PS gallery then recorded them so quality was lost :( I played some really good players, thus me getting my ass kicked in a few matches

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD