Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
14102195_1170649649645032_2199364764621797159_n.jpg

Just realized that her trivia is false, Amy is the shortest SC character, not Talim. Amy is way younger than her and actually is a bit shorter without her heels, the game just hides her age and stats to prevent any controversy over a 9-11 year old girl fighting and seemingly being killed by the other characters.

Musourenka

I hope Zas smashes Elysium because Soul Calibur (the sword) sucks.

And even though I am sad Cass lost, I'm rooting for Sophie for the rest of the way.

Res17

View attachment 21819
Just realized that her trivia is false, Amy is the shortest SC character, not Talim. Amy is way younger than her and actually is a bit shorter without her heels, the game just hides her age and stats to prevent any controversy over a 9-11 year old girl fighting and seemingly being killed by the other characters.
Perhaps they're going with the Amy = Viola theory and confirming it. If they are, then Talim is without a doubt shorter than Viola.

Jadeinchains

Poor Sophitia will probably get beat by Talim when it comes to them two facing off but I can expect her to come in second.

@Jadeinchains
Better already heat up the oven. XD

Next prediction is of course Zasalamel winning. He is much more popular than the Sophitia clone.

Okay.

* 2 seconds later*
Oven%2Bfire.gif

I know that's a microwave and not an oven okay, It was hard to find lol!

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
There is no way in the deepest pits of hell that Elysium is going to win against Zas. Her very existence in this is pointless lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There is no way in the deepest pits of hell that Elysium is going to win against Zas. Her very existence in this is pointless lol
well don't speak too soon, people may vote for her more because she's basically Sophitia, and plus she's female. :p I don't think she'll win, but hey it's a possibility.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
And then she picks up Soul Edge...

I was thinking the Soul team was doing these "months of (character)" based on the characters' birthdays, but Talim's is not in September, so I was wrong.

Since when did anything Namco does make sense?

Res17

I've had a convo with Mark Julio and this is what he has to say about SC6
icqJ4yn.png

It's pretty clear that they're gonna focus completely on T7 first and wont announce SCVI til after T7 is out. Which is most likely February 2017 (my guess). We've waited 4 and a half years, another 6 months wont kill us i suppose..

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I've had a convo with Mark Julio and this is what he has to say about SC6
icqJ4yn.png

It's pretty clear that they're gonna focus completely on T7 first and wont announce SCVI til after T7 is out. Which is most likely February 2017 (my guess). We've waited 4 and a half years, another 6 months wont kill us i suppose..

I'd like to repost a post of mine regarding that it would be "pretty clear" and logical that SCVI won't be announced before Tekken 7 is out on consoles:

Except that the Soul Calibur and Tekken series have always coexisted right next to each other. In most cases they were even released in the same year, just some months apart:
-Tekken 4 & SC 2 in 2002
-Tekken 5 & SC3 in 2005
-TTT2 & SC5 in 2012
This means they were also announced and promoted right next to each other. There is no harm at all to announce one game while the other is already for 2 years announced, over one year available in arcades and in less than half a year out on console.
Soul Calibur also has a very different fighting mechanic and fanbase than Tekken, both don't really cannibalize each other.
The rule that SC6 can't be announced before T7 is out on consoles (which I see often claimed in different internet forums) is made up and has actually no precedent.

If there is no TGS announcement it is however "pretty clear" that there won't be anything this year. :(

Res17

I guess they're trying to chance that since SCV sold more than TTT2. Or because they can only focus on one of them at a time?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They can work on both the games, I think they just don't want SC to overshadow Tekken since there's such a large demand for it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD