DOA5LR Steam Version Delayed Until March 30th

The Dead or Alive 5: Last Round store page on Steam was updated today with an announcement of the game being delayed until March 30th. To compensate, Koei-Tecmo will offer the Halloween 2013 Costume set (All 28 costumes) for free of charge ($25 value) to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Change to Release Date
In order to provide you with the best experience possible, the expected release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam has been changed from Feb. 17 to March 30. In appreciation for your patience, we'll be offering the Halloween 2013 Set (28 costumes) free of charge to all users who purchase Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on Steam.

Thank you for your understanding!

Previously, the steam version was set to be released with all other versions of the game on February 17th. Currently, this has not affected the Online Mode patch scheduled for the game within three months of release.

The Steam version marks Team NINJA's first attempt at a PC release for their games, but it appears they are being met with appreciation from fans. The pre-order goals have been met so the NINJA 2015 and Aloha packs will also be coming free to PC users where the console versions require specific retailer pre-order to receive.

steamsmall.png

Wow that's quite the delay. Sorry to you PC gamers. :/
I don't want to speak for the rest of you guys but I couldn't be happier. When i logged on today and saw that steam was gonna take extra time means that it will be a more stable game. I love when games get delayed. It means less patching to me. I just wish they didn't feel it necessary to give us the Halloween crap. Just tell us like it is and be like wait a whole month. I don't need a consolation prize, TN. This is good news. haha

Question here. The netplay is 3 months after release. Does this mean that the netplay has been delayed a month as well or is it 3 months after the original February release? (Meaning it would actually be a 2 month wait now.)

Question here. The netplay is 3 months after release. Does this mean that the netplay has been delayed a month as well or is it 3 months after the original February release? (Meaning it would actually be a 2 month wait now.)

Delayed a month as well.

But my PS3 it's not working, and I can't buy a PS4. Really wanted to play this game again been 4 months now, oh well...

There's also the possibility that it's delayed to encrypt restrictions on modding, that'd be quite disappointing if true.

There's also the possibility that it's delayed to encrypt restrictions on modding, that'd be quite disappointing if true.
Considering how consistently TN let's people down with the costumes and how many people want specific costumes and PLAN to mod the game, that would actually just as unsurprising as it would be rage inducing.

Last edited:
I could see this being a reason, because I'm sure Team Ninja knows people would do nude mods. People complain about the sexual image of DOA, yet they're still going to do nude mods anyway.

I could see this being a reason, because I'm sure Team Ninja knows people would do nude mods. People complain about the sexual image of DOA, yet they're still going to do nude mods anyway.

Which really bothers me because it's all a hopeless endeavor at this point. Modders/hackers will always be 3 steps ahead of the developers. Street Fighter IV openly accepts mods for PC and are met with a lot of praise and success while still milking out DLC costumes.

Which really bothers me because it's all a hopeless endeavor at this point. Modders/hackers will always be 3 steps ahead of the developers. Street Fighter IV openly accepts mods for PC and are met with a lot of praise and success while still milking out DLC costumes.
Difference is, at lot of the mods we see for Street Fighter IV are cosplay. But for a game with a reputation like DOA, we both know nude mods are coming.

Difference is, at lot of the mods we see for Street Fighter IV are cosplay. But for a game with a reputation like DOA, we both know nude mods are coming.

SFIV has nude mods as well, dunno why DOA has to be held to a lower standard because of it. I'm sure Cammy's ass (look at her intro) brings out the stigma to even the most superficial gamers.

Hope TN is or will be reading this discussion right now because they have an opportunity to appeal their game to the modding community, which actually encourages more sales and good feedback. Just look at Skyrim and GTAIV.

Seems fair enough. GTA5's PC version (among other personal interests) has also been delayed until March, so that's more time to focus on other things.

I've waited this long to mod a trenchcoat for Christie in the game (if not get it as DLC), one more month ain't shit.

That's the biggest issue with mods in general, and why it's better to have those contests and have real designs show up in game for all to see. Mods if anything should be used as examples and sent to TN themselves so they can replicate and officially release that costume into the core game. Fee or no.

I saw this delay happen way earlier than the rest of you. Nostradamus, dude.

It makes sense, I'm glad they are doing it; and I guess I will just have to play on my ONE for the first month.

Could we just go one thread about the PC version without going into nude mods? Yeah, I get it: that's the only fucking thing you guys think about. But give it a rest, already.

Who you going to main? Or are you going to use your own custom character?
Not the thread for it, but I'll probably be maining/subbing Mr. Satan, Gohan, Videl, and eventually Pan when the DLC comes out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD