DOA5LR Support the PS4/PS3 EU Player against SCEE and Tecmo

system11

Standard Donor
Whaaat ? I wasn't aware of that. How much does this cost ? :confused:

£40 a year, something similar in whatever your currency is. It doesn't just enable online play though, you get member discounts and free games each month. Similar to XBL Gold membership really but the PS+ free games are far, far more common.

system11

Standard Donor
I was sat in a lobby for an hour spectating while streaming to twitch last night, seemed no worse in that resect than usual. Throwdowns seem broken almost totally though.

It's really hard seeing a series I've backed for years totally falling flat out of the gate on what should be a new opportunity with the new consoles.

Zack117

Standard Donor
No, seriously. Matches with people I used to have PERFECT connection with, are now unplayable. The lag is so terrible. It's the worst online experience I've had so far with doa since ultimate. Something must went wrong. Or it really is just on my side...

system11

Standard Donor
No, seriously. Matches with people I used to have PERFECT connection with, are now unplayable. The lag is so terrible. It's the worst online experience I've had so far with doa since ultimate. Something must went wrong. Or it really is just on my side...

It's always been like rolling a dice for me even with the same friends because my ISP is oversubscribed, so can't comment there. You're probably right though, at this point anything that can go wrong is doing so. It's an awful launch which ultimately is going to cause fewer players.

Lord Infamous

Whaaat ? I wasn't aware of that. How much does this cost ? :confused:
Let me just make something clear before any misunderstandings occur.

If you plan to transfer your save data from PS3 to PS4 in the future, you will notice that you won't be able to save your data from PS3 in 'online storage' without PS plus.

I also didn't know you had to have PS plus. After purchasing PS plus, I was able to save my data onto online storage, and then transfer it to my PS4 from there. The only problem here is, like mentioned a million times now, is that the data transfer thing doesn't (fully) work in the EU yet.

If anybody was able to transfer his data without PS plus, then I would like to know how.

PS. It's like €15 for three months, €50 a year I think.

Kuno9382

I played like 10 throwdowns yesterday, it threw me out of throwdowns once, and 1 of those matches was so laggy that my opponent lagged out while screaming: "No... Noooo.... NOOOOOOOOO".
On a different note, a german friend of mine whom I play quite a lot cannot get the DLC to work. He downloaded the required catalogues but still he doesn't see the costumes that were supposed to show up with that catalogue. He tried downloading them from both the PSN store on console and from the PSN store on his PC. In other words this just makes me sad, people having so many problems with this game that I love so much... it just tears a hole in my heart.

Seigen

I keep getting this message on PS4 at every few minutes while searching for ranked matches and throwdowns search would stop as well after 1.02 got installed. Anyone else with this problem? Can't figure if it's a game issue or something wrong with my internet (never had this problem on PS3 in Ultimate).

10zu1de.jpg

Zack117

Standard Donor
I keep getting this message on PS4 at every few minutes while searching for ranked matches and throwdowns search would stop as well after 1.02 got installed. Anyone else with this problem? Can't figure if it's a game issue or something wrong with my internet (never had this problem on PS3 in Ultimate).

10zu1de.jpg
You are not alone. I have this issue too. Almost gave up on ranked, it feels like a waste of time in this game.

Crext

Standard Donor

10zu1de.jpg

I don't understand this. I get this once in a while too, but rarely. Everything works fine (well, expect me not finding costume catalogue 2 yet).
Actually I often spend less than 15 sec to find an opponent each time. Do you have the settings on "accept all"? Because truth be told, people I get 0 connection bars on are lagg free, and well... The connection indicator doesn't say anything about how the match will go. :confused:

Seigen

I have the region and connection set to any; I know you can have a good connection with a 1 bar and terrible lag with a 5 bar; but the point is I keep getting that mess, while it never happened in Ultimate on PS3.

Cadaveri

Right.. Just played abit, no dlc still ofc. Played 2 matches without problems, 3rd one ended and the game signed me out.
I cant be arsed to even touch this game until they fix their shit...

ninemil

Standard Donor
So, I've finally managed to fix my post-release costume problems. Required a full PS4 reinitialize. I've also noticed the frame rate is infinitely better since, as well. Not sure what that's about.

Kuno9382

So, I've finally managed to fix my post-release costume problems. Required a full PS4 reinitialize. I've also noticed the frame rate is infinitely better since, as well. Not sure what that's about.
Ninemil, do you mean completely reset the PS4? Because a friend of mine also has this problem with the post-release dlc.

ninemil

Standard Donor
Ninemil, do you mean completely reset the PS4? Because a friend of mine also has this problem with the post-release dlc.
Yup, full reset.

Safe mode - > Reinitialize PS4.

Wipes everything, obviously, so he needs to move his save into the cloud or onto USB.

ninemil

Standard Donor
Should add - the PS4 doesn't automatically download the catalogs, and I was only able to do so by going to the in-game shop, and then to the downloads menu, to get them from there. It wouldn't allow me to download them from the main PSN store screen, for some reason. Either that, or I wasn't holding the button long enough.

Once they'd downloaded, I restarted my PS4 again, and the costumes all showed up fine. I suspect just a restart of the game would've been enough at that point.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD