News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Shiranui

You might be right. I just tried to give to Rachel an alternate demon slyer outfit, without change her look drastically. I wanted to keep her one shoulder plate, her sword and her color scheme (black, red, silver with blonde hair).
If my design makes it and TN do some edits, I will respect it. They will have to invent back side of the outfit anyway, since I didn't designed it. So, yeah, they are free to change any thing they think they have to change. After all, my design belongs to them now.

David Gregg

For @Shiranui 's design, you can see the similarities but I think there are enough differences that TN will keep the design basically unaltered. If the staff liked it and went as far as to say that they would even want to include it in a future NG, I highly doubt they're that concerned it resembles her C1. To me the designs are night and day (with Shiranui's design obviously being the better of the two XD):
rac.png

Same story with Hayate's which was included basically unaltered:
hay.png

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Nice, I bet you are dying to play it in game :)

Yes!!! >.< Unfortunately I want to upgrade with Last Round to PS4, but I'm only able to do that in March. That means, I will have to pay for Last Round (or the costume pack, if I just upgrade DOA5U) twice, because I of course want to have the game/Eliot's costume day one. I couldn't bear to wait some more weeks, while everyone else can have their fun with Punk Rock Eliot. D:
Yeah, that's how much I am dying to play it. XD

UpSideDownGRUNT

Out of the currently shown costumes, the ones I look forward to playing are:

Hitomi's red shirt - KNEW that was gonna be her costume when they showed teh short hair haha

Hayate - I prefered the purple one tbh but translated in game this costume is pretty cool plus it's another masked costume xD the masked costumes make Hayate look almost as cool as Ein ;)

Ying Yang Leifang - A personal fave of mine so glad this is in the game

Kimono Kasumi - Was there any doubts about this? it's not only an awesome Kasu design but Hayashi really liked it and wanted to see Kasu fight in it himself that was pretty much a shew in

Kronin

On Facebook from various time there was the rumor that Rachel would have got @TOBMAST3R r costume and hairstyle from the first contest added in Last Round:

BkHDqqbCUAE8BAu.jpg:large

Like I said more times my favourite Rachel's outfit for the contest is the Vigoorian Armor of Shiranui, but I truly liked this one too (nice and a different kind of outfit in Rachel's vestiary, IMO a fitting casual outfit for a girl as her, and indeed my original intention it was just to give a vote to it (but this just before to see the astonishing Shiranui's creation... then neither the hack stopped me to give anyway my appreciation).

Returning to the matter, today I was finally able to get the source for this rumor: putting aside the main topic of the discussion, the one to have spreaded the info should be the FB user Sean Garcia. He wrote this as comment of one of the posts on the official DoA page on Facebook:

Sean Garcia Kronin I was the one who hacked Team Ninjas Official Web Site. They did indeed added Tobis Rachel costume with a new short ponytail. I can confirm more things but ill keep it on the low for now. I will say for you Helena fans she got her white swan outfit with a white bow. I also hacked smash 4 months ago when I confirmed Palutena on gamefaqs and no one believed me look now lol.

There is no real evidence, by the way personally I don't think that he should have some particular reasons to not say the truth about this matter (if something I wouldn't claim on an official TN Facebook page to have hacked their site...)

By the way so far these remain anyway rumors needing of an evidence, so don't get anything as 100% confirmed.

Last edited:

Kronin

I would love that hairstyle for Rachel, can't say I'm too fond of the costume though.

Ironically is just the hairstyle on FB that is a main theme of arguing XD

On a sidenote, I'm starting to think that there is a chance because my Ein's outfit can be added to Last Round: maybe I'm wrong but IMO Eliot's Halloween outfit (that was heavily reworked from Team NINJA) has truly too much similarities with the characteristics of my design because mine wasn't at least used as reference for it.

I'm again not sure to what think about the eventuality (that I repeat is just a speculation of mine): from a side I would be glad, from another I think that is my worst design compared to my other ones (even if is maybe the one where I put more passion and work, even if hardly someone could believe it and I understand it very well XD). We will see.

Last edited:

David Gregg

Sean Garcia Kronin I was the one who hacked Team Ninjas Official Web Site. They did indeed added Tobis Rachel costume with a new short ponytail. I can confirm more things but ill keep it on the low for now. I will say for you Helena fans she got her white swan outfit with a white bow. I also hacked smash 4 months ago when I confirmed Palutena on gamefaqs and no one believed me look now lol.

There is no real evidence, by the way personally I don't think that he should have some particular reasons to not say the truth about this matter (if something I wouldn't claim on an official TN Facebook page to have hacked their site...)

By the way so far these remain anyway rumors needing of an evidence, so don't get anything as 100% confirmed.

(sighs) Of course once actual tweets and rumors start appearing the tweet and rumor thread is already locked (there was another find from @Brute that DOA Game on FB posted that Raidou will have 3 BGM's in LR but now almost no one knows since there's no thread to find it). :/ But that's a rant for another time. The Palutena "reveal" is sketchy since everyone and their mother knew the chances of her being added to Smash was high.

I don't really understand how "hacking" works but it doesn't make much sense that someone "hacks" the official website and now sees all of the new outfits (unless TN already uploaded pics on the site and is somehow keeping it secret from the public). I don't trust this source is basically what I'm saying. XD

Last edited:

Kronin

(sighs) Of course once actual tweets and rumors start appearing the tweet and rumor thread is already locked (there was another find from @Brute that Raidou will have 3 BGM's in LR but now almost no one knows since there's no place to find it). :/ But that's a rant for another time. The Palutena "reveal" is sketchy since everyone and their mother knew the chances of her being added to Smash was high.

My first move was just to look for the thread safe remember then that it's locked XD

I don't really understand how "hacking" works but it doesn't make much sense that someone "hacks" the official website and now sees all of the new outfits (unless TN already uploaded pics on the site and is somehow keeping it secret from the public).

If what Sean said is true, my supposition is that he saw pictures that TN plan to use as future promotional background for the site of Last Round, just like this one:

cos_09.jpg

This if TN is not planning to add a section with all the new outfits for Last Round, something that could still have files included in a sort of temporary section of the site waiting for becoming available to everyone (I'm just speculating, I really don't know anything about how could work a similar site from the owners' side).

And again all this just if the info is true.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Returning to the matter, today I was finally able to get the source for this rumor: putting aside the main topic of the discussion, the one to have spreaded the info should be the FB user Sean Garcia. He wrote this as comment of one of the posts on the official DoA page on Facebook:

You, like, could make a new topic that talks about such a thing... I know, shocker, making a new topic thread for a new topic.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I would love that hairstyle for Rachel, can't say I'm too fond of the costume though.
I'm also not too fond of it. The colors clash and it's for my taste a little bit too cluttered with all sorts of gem stones.

Don't know, what I should make of these rumors. I say to myself, why would this Sean Garcia lie, when he'll look really dumb afterwards, so it could be true. On the other hand, I'm not so sure, because he does nothing to proof his claim, even though he could for example have easily made screenshots. Yes, he might have been afraid of getting into trouble for that. But why then so openly claim, that he hacked the official site? :/

Kodachi

Standard Donor
people lie for attention all the time
why would he confess to hacking TN on their official page? If what he's saying is true then it shouldn't be too long until confirmation.

David Gregg

You, like, could make a new topic that talks about such a thing... I know, shocker, making a new topic thread for a new topic.

No disrespect Mr. Wah but things like this (when someone on FB "claims" to have hacked DOA's site) doesn't deserve it's own thread. I know the tweet and rumor thread was getting too "casual" but there were a lot of good finds people posted in that thread with info bits that individually wasn't significant enough to create a new topic for (but was still nice to learn about).

Kronin

Believe me it's not a question of laziness, it's just that I'm not more sure of what topics are allowed and what not, seriously.

In addition my news is just a rumor that imo is not worthy to get a new thread just for something that neither can't be discussed (after all are just the words of an user): I'm of the old school that believe that more the discussion of the users is focused on few threads, better is XD Then honestly I believed that the speculation thread would have been again open when we will get something where to speculate about.
[EDIT: @David Gregg ninja'd me about]

By the way my answer to David didn't want be a critique: I would have posted this rumor in the apposite old thread, but in alternative this one dedicated to the contest seemed to me perfect for it too.

people lie for attention all the time
why would he confess to hacking TN on their official page? If what he's saying is true then it shouldn't be too long until confirmation.

After people that post on their official page nude mods, honestly this is far from seeming to me absurd XD

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD