DOA5LR Team NINJA Debuts Youtube Series

Team NINJA has tried video series before, but now with Master's advanced knowledge of the games, we could expect a lot more out of the productions. You can subscribe to Team NINJA's Youtube page and feel free to share news stories like this to your social media that will help with raising exposure for Dead or Alive and the offline scene.

We're going to mix things up with a series of videos for new and dedicated fans of #DOA5LR. These videos will share gameplay details of the game and will also highlight features that may have been overlooked. Here is the first "Did You Know" video - Tag Match. #ImAFighter What crazy Tag Match combo can you come up with and which tag throw is your favorite? - Master

For more incredible DOA Youtube content, subscribe to @EMPEROR_COW to get some of the best combo videos available for Last Round, and even the other iterations if you want to see how the game has changed since 2012.

Last edited:
No wonder they disabled private messaging on the Dead or Alive Game FB page.

Why is every comment they get on twitter and now youtube always just people reiterating the same things over and over again? I'm sure when doa6 does come out within the first year these people will be like "Stop the dlc! Where's doa7". Be.Patient.people! ( Insert the clap emoji in between them or something *shrugs* )

Bepatientpeople (yep emojis don't work. that's a good thing ngl)

My last message to them was 'take your time with doa6 babzzz' with a ton of emojis and they replied with a smiling emoji(i want to hug these innocent sweet admins) so they were probably so happy they got a nice message lol

Bepatientpeople (yep emojis don't work. that's a good thing ngl)

My last message to them was 'take your time with doa6 babzzz' with a ton of emojis and they replied with a smiling emoji(i want to hug these innocent sweet admins) so they were probably so happy they got a nice message lol

Aww that's cute lol! XD And yeah I feel sorry for them when every message is just people being negative towards it. Everyone wants doa6 I'm sure but they're just so rude and obnoxious the way they say it that it comes off badly. :p

To be fair, it is a bit late (5 years?) for something like this for DOA5. I mean, TN could have did something like this back in the vanilla days (you know, back when DOA5 was new).
Well MASTER wasn't part of the Team Ninja staff back in 2012. Putting something like this together now would be good for simply raising a bit more awareness of DOA as a competitive fighting game. So when a DOA6 does eventually release, it can get off to a better start than DOA5 did.

Tbh as long as DOA keeps making boatloads of DLC that floods the psn and Xbox online stores I'm not sure there's much they can do. DOA is seen as competitive but the image and DLC strats they have to appease the Japanese fan base hamper the chances of people taking it seriously, especially since people are continually asking for a DOA6 in which case outsiders are probably like "What's the point of playing if they're already asking for a sequel?".

Plus the video is neat no doubt but I'm sure that many beside myself can say that Tag is definitely not a competitive mode XD They should do character focus videos like Street Fighter does to help newcomers find the character for them and they should explain game mechanics in a simple easy to understand fashion so it can help them ease into the game, like one video can explain the critical stun mechanic and another can explain how holds are useful but also how you should use them wisely as they can quickly become a double edged hi counter sword which can turn off players when they try to hold but then a second later Alpha 152 depletes half their health bar which can frustrate them since they probably don't know the cons of a hold

Well MASTER wasn't part of the Team Ninja staff back in 2012. Putting something like this together now would be good for simply raising a bit more awareness of DOA as a competitive fighting game. So when a DOA6 does eventually release, it can get off to a better start than DOA5 did.

Yea but I don't see the point of making these videos for DOA5

They should release a DOA6 beta and while that's going on, that's when Team Ninja should be pumping out tutorial/getting started videos.

Yea but I don't see the point of making these videos for DOA5

They should release a DOA6 beta and while that's going on, that's when Team Ninja should be pumping out tutorial/getting started videos.

Point of doing it now is to get the ball rolling leading into a DOA6 as opposed to there being a bit of a void now until an Alpha or Beta version drops.

To be fair, it is a bit late (5 years?) for something like this for DOA5. I mean, TN could have did something like this back in the vanilla days (you know, back when DOA5 was new).

Yeah don't get me wrong I really would like doa6 soon and I hope it get's revealed at TGS17 or something, I just was annoyed by the way people were going on about it on youtube and twitter. I'm definitely ready though like everyone else for doa6.

Edit: Oh and in case anyone didn't see it here's the scolding tea - "Dead or Alive 5: Last Round TGS 2017 Special Broadcast – The development team reports from Tokyo Game Show 2017. In addition to the announcement of the “Designers Challenge 2017” results, there will be new information shared for the first time during this broadcast. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Yutaka Saito (art director), and special guest Yamima.""

Last edited:
The video ended with Rig :cool::rig:. All honesty I wish this was done earlier. Not gonna blame anyone but this to me is something where it should be done from launch or not at all. On a positive note, I hope that with DOA 6, they bust out some character guides and some how to for advanced stuff. I don't care much for LR anymore minus the tourney scene but I hope DOA 6 is guns blazing with this cause I mean tekken's guides barebones.

"Dead or Alive 5: Last Round TGS 2017 Special Broadcast – The development team reports from Tokyo Game Show 2017. In addition to the announcement of the “Designers Challenge 2017” results, there will be new information shared for the first time during this broadcast. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Yutaka Saito (art director), and special guest Yamima.""
Watch it be a collab DLC and not even DOA6 lmaooo

The video ended with Rig :cool::rig:. All honesty I wish this was done earlier. Not gonna blame anyone but this to me is something where it should be done from launch or not at all. On a positive note, I hope that with DOA 6, they bust out some character guides and some how to for advanced stuff. I don't care much for LR anymore minus the tourney scene but I hope DOA 6 is guns blazing with this cause I mean tekken's guides barebones.
Character guides?? I don't honestly feel like we need these honestly, when game developers make characters it's like when you buy pasta, spaghetti sauce, meatballs, and sprinkled cheese, like a store they give us the tools to work with but they leave it up to us to study a character and use them using the move set they make, I think the forums here are good in that regard. Advanced stuff is in the tutorial mode and there's not much other stuff besides unholdables and guarantees and stuff.

As for Tekken they have guides and stuff to tell you what you need on their channel, they don't have character guides and stuff but they have sample combos available in practice mode and the tekken chicken app and the noob guide app are perfect and reliable for knowing more about your characters, it's how I found out that the moves I use with lili primarily are safe or grant her advantage

I think they need to actually do videos going into the properties of characters' moves, what can beat what, not just combo videos. Actual character guides.

I mean i'm sure there ARE videos like that somewhere, but I've never seen em. Every time I've ever tried to look up how to get better with a character, regardless of game, it's just fucking combo videos, which doesn't help at all.

Character guides?? I don't honestly feel like we need these honestly, when game developers make characters it's like when you buy pasta, spaghetti sauce, meatballs, and sprinkled cheese, like a store they give us the tools to work with but they leave it up to us to study a character and use them using the move set they make, I think the forums here are good in that regard. Advanced stuff is in the tutorial mode and there's not much other stuff besides unholdables and guarantees and stuff.

As for Tekken they have guides and stuff to tell you what you need on their channel, they don't have character guides and stuff but they have sample combos available in practice mode and the tekken chicken app and the noob guide app are perfect and reliable for knowing more about your characters, it's how I found out that the moves I use with lili primarily are safe or grant her advantage

I respectfully disagree. Now I don't need something in-depth. But similar to how Street Fighter introduced some characters and had a general overview of how characters play, I feel that would be good for DOA 6. Advanced stuffs in the tutorial, yet some people don't even know how to do it, let alone know of it. Tekken has stuff but it's barebones. Sample combos are meh compared to DOA's Combo Challenges and the Tekken app to me's near worthless considering how I have hwoarang who supposedly has all the frame advantage in the world according to Tekken chicken and I still get beat out (But it's online so I'm over it). And for newbies it's still a war zone learning basic stuff like how to get up or sidestep (I played someone who was jumping so much he didn't bother to try to sidestep anymore). Since Tekken has no online dojo, I can't help out people also which is a big pain. And considering how the first installment talked about Tag and the mode in general, I feel that it'd be good to do other stuff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD