Team NINJA does a 33-man Developer Tournament

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Didn't Lei-Fang lose a couple of good stuff? Same with Tina and Zack since they don't have many safe moves and one thing that's going for them is mix-up.

GLoRToR

Guys, sRsLy!1one

We're talking about a rebalance. Every character is getting "nerfs" it seems. Just wait two bloody weeks, c'mon.

GLoRToR

And what is the point of that? We are not talking about OP characters here or even high tier for that matter.
I'm saying, you don't even have the game and you're already criticising it. Give it a bit. The fact that they are nerfing before release means they're giving it their best shot to release something balanced. I dare to hope they'll learn from the horrendous releases these days.

PopRock123

I'm saying, you don't even have the game and you're already criticising it. Give it a bit. The fact that they are nerfing before release means they're giving it their best shot to release something balanced. I dare to hope they'll learn from the horrendous releases these days.
Didn't they give buffs to Hayabusa. They are nerfing characters for no reason at all.

Skilletor

No, you see, because if these changes are for the worse and they make the game play more like DoA4, then I have no interest in buying it to criticize it further.

Doa_Eater

Hardly criticizing but ok let it be like that, we are talking about a well accepted gamescon build to giving nerfs to characters that don't really need it. I mean just from my last post to this Lei-Fang has lost a critical burst.

And this isn't even about tier list or anything like that, i understand that new characters need to be build strong because they're new and there are ninjas and stuff and i strongly support that, but this nerfing is really unnecessary.

DrDogg

I disagree with all of this.

Hardly criticizing but ok let it be like that, we are talking about a well accepted gamescon build to giving nerfs to characters that don't really need it. I mean just from my last post to this Lei-Fang has lost a critical burst.

Leifang never had two Critical Bursts, and the E3 build was the best version of the game by far. It's been a series of nerfs since then.

Einzelkind

the E3 build was the best version of the game by far. It's been a series of nerfs since then.

That sounds awfully familiar. Did they listen to the Virtua Fighter players again? You would guess this would benefit the game, but it looks like it did the opposite again.

GLoRToR

No, you see, because if these changes are for the worse and they make the game play more like DoA4, then I have no interest in buying it to criticize it further.
That's fair. If I hear it's shit I won't buy it, obviously. I've had it with mk9 being horribad and sc5 being mediocrebad.
If this game won't be amazing, I'm selling my ps3. :)

And this isn't even about tier list or anything like that, i understand that new characters need to be build strong because they're new and there are ninjas and stuff and i strongly support that, but this nerfing is really unnecessary.
All I'm saying is to me it seems we're throwing bricks at something we don't even see as a whole just yet.

I disagree with all of this.
Nice to know.

DrDogg

That sounds awfully familiar. Did they listen to the Virtua Fighter players again? You would guess this would benefit the game, but it looks like it did the opposite again.

You can look at the match videos that have some out of Team Ninja and see that none of those players like to punish unsafe attacks. They focus on counters and rarely do you see any throw punishment, unholdable stuns, guaranteed setups or anything of that nature. The finals video of this tournament showed that the players didn't even slow escape.

They play the game VERY differently compared to how we play.

qoodname

E3 build was the best version of the game by far. It's been a series of nerfs since then.
I kinda saw that coming. Now the only thing im not sure about is how much worse it is by now...Could you go lil more in detail about the changes they made lately or are you not allowed to talk about that?

DrDogg

Nice to know.

You're new, so you don't know my knowledge of the game at this point. What I meant by that statement is that you are completely wrong in that line of thought. I have a complete picture of the game. The changes that have been made are not primarily for balancing purposes, they are to make the game play like they want it to play. Unfortunately, this is not how many of us here want the game to play.

So while it's significantly better than DOA4, and some characters play like champions, this doesn't extend to the entire cast. Characters like Helena can barely even use the new system mechanics, yet they continue to nerf her. It's definitely not to balance her, unless she just wasn't low enough on the tier list for their liking.

I kinda saw that coming. Now the only thing im not sure about is how much worse it is by now...Could you go lil more in detail about the changes they made lately or are you not allowed to talk about that?

I can't talk about the final build, but you can see the changes from E3 to GVN.

- Critical Burst is a non-factor now.
- Characters are losing their best tools (Bayman's 3K nerfed).
- Evasive techniques are less evasive (Hayate's spin and Christie's stance)
- Helena lost her main juggle and her main crush attack was nerfed.
- Tina lost a lot of safety.

Having played many builds of DOA5, I can say that the E3 build is my favorite by far.

GLoRToR

I do wonder why gaming companies insist on doing shit work tbh. I miss the 90's when you would get games like Starcraft or Eve Online or Neverwinter Nights that lasted to this very day.

TIER LIST! TIER LIST!
Why can't all fighters just be Equal Opportunity?
What is the point, the reason? >.<

qoodname

I can't talk about the final build, but you can see the changes from E3 to GVN.

- Critical Burst is a non-factor now.
- Characters are losing their best tools (Bayman's 3K nerfed).
- Evasive techniques are less evasive (Hayate's spin and Christie's stance)
- Helena lost her main juggle and her main crush attack was nerfed.
- Tina lost a lot of safety.
I dont know enough about the game to talk about character specific changes since i didnt play any of the builds but the point that critical burst became useless makes me rage. It was exactly what the game needed in my opinion and now its pretty much gone. I actually had faith in TN...fuck me, right?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD