Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

Argentus

Well shit. That van helsing outfit is really similar to my bancho idea. Should I continue or just vote for that instead?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
That's up to you man, I mean you might want to I'm enjoying just kicking back and watching the entries come in. just keep in mind this might not win and by not doing yours you would be decreasing your chances of getting a costume you like .

Argentus

That's up to you man, I mean you might want to I'm enjoying just kicking back and watching the entries come in. just keep in mind this might not win and by not doing yours you would be decreasing your chances of getting a costume you like .
Yeah it looks alot like yours.
Mmh do you have any other costume idea?
Well I could either do more to differentiate it, or go back and just adjust and refine my superstar idea and resubmit that

T Reiner

Well I could either do more to differentiate it, or go back and just adjust and refine my superstar idea and resubmit that
I think that going back to your original idea would be the best. since it never really left your mind ;)

just say that she is cosplaying as a x-Men or some kind of superhero when you submit it. thats at least the first thing that came to my mind

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Argentus, you are as always much too insecure. >_> That Mila costume doesn't really look like yours. Your costumes are going for completely different themes. And what do you think, how many of the exact same costumes will we eventually see in this contest? This slight similarity is nothing!

Last edited:

Argentus

I think that going back to your original idea would be the best. since it never really left your mind ;)

just say that she is cosplaying as a x-Men or some kind of superhero when you submit it. thats at least the first thing that came to my mind
Lol xmen? I saw it as like...cross between john cena (casual) with some celebrity flair (influenced by Tina).

@Argentus, you are as always much too insecure. >_> That Mila costume doesn't really look like yours. Your costumes are going for completely different themes. And what do you think, how many of the exact same costumes will we eventually see in this contest? This slight similarity is nothing!
Well my overall goal was simply "jacket+some kind of crop top or bra that leaves stomach bare+pants" and it hits those tics lol.

Though I just had a thought and I want your input. You showed the Kong dresses of the schoolgirls and I thought " what if she is wearing a dress...only modified into pants legs, kinda like a hakama? Might be too fanservicy if I do it by just cutting down the dress down the middle, but an interesting thought at least.

I'm imagining it like a girls uniform modified into a guys bancho outfit.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Though I just had a thought and I want your input. You showed the Kong dresses of the schoolgirls and I thought " what if she is wearing a dress...only modified into pants legs, kinda like a hakama? Might be too fanservicy if I do it by just cutting down the dress down the middle, but an interesting thought at least.

I'm imagining it like a girls uniform modified into a guys bancho outfit.

That sounds good to me. Even though I thought, it was a more interesting/unique choice, to base her costume on a gakuran. She already got a school uniform with a skirt and a male uniform is in my eyes more recognizable as a bancho costume. But honestly...I don't really know what to tell you. XD Even if I said: "Wow, that's so awesome, go with this!", in three days time you will probably overthrow everything again, because of some insecurity. Just go with the design you truly like, something you truly want her to wear in the game. If that is a costume, that has similarities to another entry to the contest, it isn't your fault. Doesn't matter. Do it anyway. If you don't like the bancho look anymore do something else.

RetroMe91

So edited the background to be easier to look at and added descriptions. What do you guys think? I have designed a day of the dead themed alternate makeup which could be triggered like glasses, but does it even need that? I could really use the feedback! Thank you! :)
image.jpg

David Gregg

You'll likely have to change the name "Iron Fist" to something else for TN to take it. Copyright reasons.

Thanks for the heads up. I figured I could get away with it since they call him apprentice of the iron fist. What could I call him instead though? Apprentice as a name for a super hero is...well...underwhelming... :/

Argentus

Thanks for the heads up. I figured I could get away with it since they call him apprentice of the iron fist. What could I call him instead though? Apprentice as a name for a super hero is...well...underwhelming... :/
....marble fist? bronze fist? ceramic fist? Steel fist?

T Reiner

How about
Iron Strike,
White Lightning,
Iron Justice
or
Fist of Vengeance

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's that rocker skull emblem Bass has on his C1 and Mila also already has on her Bass rocker DLC costume.

Yes, the only thing it's missing is the "MILA" tag in the top right. At least they got the B correct at the bottom (Bass' has T instead)

I'd like to see a resubmission of the Bass Pirate/Cervantes outfit. Though, I think Pirate costumes are going to be popular choices.

Wouldn't mind a joke costume where the characters have 'mascot'-sized headgear that makes them look like their DOA2/4 styled faces. "Big head" mode is another way of thinking of it.

@Squizzo I Looveee your Brad Wong costume I think it looks amazing it should def win the male characters always get ripped off for costumes but when I seen it I was like that is really a winning costume c:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD